Michael Knight Sr. F.L.A.G. salary pay

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

james olden
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Michael Knight Sr. F.L.A.G. salary pay

Post by james olden » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:59 pm

On T.O.S. Season 4 Episode Burial Ground the villian Cyrus Oakes was stating to the indians that Michael Knight gets a descent salary. I have always wonderd is this true if so how much does he make, or not because of maybee Cyrus Oakes was just saying that to the indians to turn them against Michael Knight. Anybody can shed some light on this topic let me know by responding back thanks.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Re: Michael Knight Sr. F.L.A.G. salary pay

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:22 pm

I don't know specifically how much Michael made, but as anyone who has been job-hunting knows the real value of a job is often measured by the benefits.

Michael doesn't pay for his own car, or repairs, or gas.
I assume he lives rent-free at the Foundation.
He probably expenses most of his meals on the road (and drinks with beautiful damsels) back to FLAG, much to the annoyance of Devon.
I'd bet there's even a full-time salon on Foundation premises just to maintain his perm.

Michael didn't need to have a big paycheck in order to be doing pretty well for himself.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:54 pm

Yeah, I always figured Michael got free room & board at the Foundation. Michael is more or less a field agent who is on the road most of the time, therefore probably staying in various hotels and having the bills expensed to the Foundation (unless he's shacking up with some babe). And then there is the semi that's also in transit, which helps repair K.I.T.T. on the road for free and alleviating extra hotel costs. In the down time between missions, I would assume Michael has quarters at Wilton Knight's mansion. Also, there's the fact that any time he needed pocket cash he would have to ask a reluctant K.I.T.T. to dispense some from the Foundation's account.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:14 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:I don't know specifically how much Michael made, but as anyone who has been job-hunting knows the real value of a job is often measured by the benefits.

Michael doesn't pay for his own car, or repairs, or gas.
I assume he lives rent-free at the Foundation.
He probably expenses most of his meals on the road (and drinks with beautiful damsels) back to FLAG, much to the annoyance of Devon.
I'd bet there's even a full-time salon on Foundation premises just to maintain his perm.

Michael didn't need to have a big paycheck in order to be doing pretty well for himself.
so basically Cyrus Oakes was just sayin that to turn the indians against michael?
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:13 am

In 'Knight Moves' (Season 1), Devon reminds Michael that the F.L.A.G. Semi is "worth a king's ransom"... Michael replies, "Or a Knight's yearly salary." Devon agrees, "At the very least." It's fair to say that Michael was earning a decent wage for his services.

Michael wasn't good with money. When he meets Bonnie for the first time in a year in 'Knight of the Drones', she asks him if he's "broke, as usual", and he tells her "some things never change." Michael was impulsive, and I don't think it was in his character to put anything aside for a rainy day. If he saw something he wanted, he'd go and buy it -- like his mini-shopping spree at the start of 'Voo Doo Knight'. After all, in his line of work, he never knew if he'd be around to enjoy himself from week to week.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:30 am

I heard Mr T earnt way more...
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

tedpro
Volunteer

Post by tedpro » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:58 am

Garthe Knight says to Michael Knight in one of their split screen confrontations/conversations:
"While my father turned his back on me and gave you everything that was rightfully mine."

Sounds like Michael Knight got the mansion, possible inheritance, stock options in Knight Industries, medical care, FLAG lawyers, access to FLAG retreat houses, and of course KITT.

However, he didn't get to keep his winnings from Caesar's Palace in "Goliath."
TedPro - KnightRiderOnline

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:15 pm

Don't forget the great parking spot.

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:09 pm

I would imagine he made a good amount of money. Being in such a risky job he should be payed handsomly for stepping in front of danger almost everyday. I liked the way he spent his money too. He didn't really spend it like Devon would on expensive suites/ties, he spent it on a new jacket or a cheeseburger and fries.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:51 pm

Considering where he ended up in knight rider 2000,he runs a fishing bass charter,owns a cabin in the woods not sure if he made much or not.

TurboBoostMan
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by TurboBoostMan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:07 am

Who cares about money, when you can drive a "car" like that???
"One Man Can Make A Difference" - Wilton Knight

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:56 pm

Knight Racer wrote:Considering where he ended up in knight rider 2000,he runs a fishing bass charter,owns a cabin in the woods not sure if he made much or not.
I would say that would fit along the lines of what he would want to do when he retires. He always seemed to like outdoors type things and being in a cabin in the woods would fit him nicely. Plus he would be kinda hidden from any old enemies that may want to get revenge on him for sending them to jail. I would imagine the foundation may even give him a nice retirement check every month. God knows he deserved it. The poor man couldn't even celebrate his birthday or go on vacation without getting sucked into another operation. He never really complained about that either except for "what about millys chillie!"
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat