Gull Wing Question

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Ind.2000
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Gull Wing Question

Post by Knight Ind.2000 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:18 pm

Hey everyone, do any of you know anything about this steering wheel? I have no idea who makes it, it was given to me as a gift. I think it was purchased from eBay. Its completely hollow with no opening in the back to mount is as you can see by the photos.Its made from a light plastic and is really light weight. I wanted one that I could actually use as a functioning wheel but, I don't think this one can be mounted where it will stay attached, wouldn't want it falling in my lap in the middle of the road :shock: yikes!
Thanks,
:kitt:
Attachments
GullWing.jpg
GullWing.jpg (223.18 KiB) Viewed 9467 times

GullWing
Volunteer

Re: Gull Wing Question

Post by GullWing » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:12 am

Can't help you with its origins but the lightweight casting would certainly suggest prop for display than actual use. Would be interested if you were willing to sell it as its just what I'm looking for...!

Knight Ind.2000
Recruit

Post by Knight Ind.2000 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:04 pm

GullWing wrote:Can't help you with its origins but the lightweight casting would certainly suggest prop for display than actual use. Would be interested if you were willing to sell it as its just what I'm looking for...!
I would be willing to sell it. Would you be willing to pay what I paid for it,$190.00 plus shipping? Also, do you have Pay Pal? If you do what I can do is post the gull wing on my eBay account and then post the link here. If you are still interested let me know.
Thanks,
Autumn :kitt:

Knight Ind.2000
Recruit

Post by Knight Ind.2000 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:37 pm

Sorry, I made a mistake on my earlier post. The $190.00 I stated earlier included the shipping. Sorry about that. Also,if your still interested in it, I will just send you a order form through PayPal (if you have PayPal) and not post it on eBay. Let me know and we'll work something out. :D
Thanks,
Autumn :kitt:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:52 pm

I can't be 100% sure but I'm fairly confident that this gullwing came from a guy going by the name knightscan.industries.2000 on ebay.

A good friend of mine had a very similar if not the same style gullwing with the flat backing plate/hollow inside issue.

From what I can gather, most people give up and use it as a nice shelf decoration and find a better wheel to work with for their car. Trying to convert this thing to a usable wheel is considered by most to be just too unsafe.

Hope that helps.

=VK=
:dash:

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:56 pm

just go to the main knight rider trans am sites they got many with actual parts http://www.knightridershop.com/gullwing.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; this one cost 500 bucks and it has reinforced steel inside. All you guys have is just moldings and careful not to buy things on ebay they rip you off more times then anything else.