Knight Rider Festival: the locked Mustang

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

User avatar
Michael Pajaro
Advisor
Posts: 3082
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Knight Rider Festival: the locked Mustang

Postby Michael Pajaro » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:06 pm

Something strange happened at the Festival involving the owners of one of the original Mustangs from the 2-hour pilot movie: they locked themselves out of the car.

It seems that they had the keys, but the car has electronic locks and the security system froze. And since this was a custom-made screen car, the doors did not have keyholes or even door handles.

So what do you do when you can't get into your talking, self-driving car of the future? Why, you call AAA of course. A guy from AAA came out and spent at least 20 minutes trying to get into the car but just couldn't do it. They were able to open the trunk, but there was only a small opening from the trunk into the cabin when the back seat was down. One woman climbed into the trunk (she may have been the owner) but she wasn't able to squeeze through to the inside of the car. They finally wound up sending in Sarah from dhasselhoff.net ("KITT" here on KRO) who was able to crawl through the hole and unlock the door from the inside.

I was streaming it live as it happened and the archive videos are online:

Locked out:
http://www.youtube.com/user/knightrider ... mPL44KUwPc

Sarah to the rescue:
http://www.youtube.com/user/knightrider ... sMrKinoxWQ

Bonus trivia: what episode from the original series featured a salesman who tried to break into KITT to prove that Michael needed to buy an alarm system?
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

User avatar
Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
Posts: 1450
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:20 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: From NJ now in LA
Contact:

Re: Knight Rider Festival: the locked Mustang

Postby Sue » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:05 pm

Yea Sarah! This proves you really can't break into KITT with a slim jim. But you can apparently climb in through the trunk.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

User avatar
james olden
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:04 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Las Vegas,Nevada

Re: Knight Rider Festival: the locked Mustang

Postby james olden » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:47 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:Something strange happened at the Festival involving the owners of one of the original Mustangs from the 2-hour pilot movie: they locked themselves out of the car.

It seems that they had the keys, but the car has electronic locks and the security system froze. And since this was a custom-made screen car, the doors did not have keyholes or even door handles.

So what do you do when you can't get into your talking, self-driving car of the future? Why, you call AAA of course. A guy from AAA came out and spent at least 20 minutes trying to get into the car but just couldn't do it. They were able to open the trunk, but there was only a small opening from the trunk into the cabin when the back seat was down. One woman climbed into the trunk (she may have been the owner) but she wasn't able to squeeze through to the inside of the car. They finally wound up sending in Sarah from dhasselhoff.net ("KITT" here on KRO) who was able to crawl through the hole and unlock the door from the inside.

I was streaming it live as it happened and the archive videos are online:

Locked out:
http://www.youtube.com/user/knightrider ... mPL44KUwPc

Sarah to the rescue:
http://www.youtube.com/user/knightrider ... sMrKinoxWQ

Bonus trivia: what episode from the original series featured a salesman who tried to break into KITT to prove that Michael needed to buy an alarm system?

white line warriors- season 2 hey lets start the knight rider trivia again
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

User avatar
Alex
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 926
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:57 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Portugal

Re: Knight Rider Festival: the locked Mustang

Postby Alex » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:00 pm

Sue wrote:Yea Sarah! This proves you really can't break into KITT with a slim jim. But you can apparently climb in through the trunk.

Yeah Sara...

Well, you can see the cars KITT and also take away the photos of the stars more famous and the shows Knight Rider Festival also…it would be very cool!

Sue is back! 8)

Alex

User avatar
Nicholas Knight
Operative
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:29 pm
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: Knight Tech Inc.

Re: Knight Rider Festival: the locked Mustang

Postby Nicholas Knight » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:05 pm

Way to go Sarah!!! One woman can make a difference....in a black leather jacket! :good:
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

Slade
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Knight Rider Festival: the locked Mustang

Postby Slade » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:18 pm

LOL that was awesome,altho I was right there too,I guess my news cast didnt make the cut hey Michael,no worries :) .
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

User avatar
Michael Pajaro
Advisor
Posts: 3082
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Knight Rider Festival: the locked Mustang

Postby Michael Pajaro » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:27 pm

Slade wrote:LOL that was awesome,altho I was right there too,I guess my news cast didnt make the cut hey Michael,no worries :) .


We had a few issues during the live feeds where we were sending only audio, or only black feeds, so that may have been one of those times. And I'm disappointed it didn't go through!

For those who weren't there in person, Slade did a funny "on-the-scene breaking news flash" of the unfolding drama. Was a great bit of spontaneous ad-libbing.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

User avatar
Skav
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1999
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Re: Knight Rider Festival: the locked Mustang

Postby Skav » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:11 pm

I just saw footage of that. Glad it turned out okay!

User avatar
tamatt27
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 773
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:37 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: ATX
Contact:

Re: Knight Rider Festival: the locked Mustang

Postby tamatt27 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:03 am

The woman who accidentally locked the car was the one holding the rear seat forward so Sarah could crawl in. She was Tom Day's (the guy who owns the 2 pilot KI3T's) grand-daughter. They were all laughing the whole time...
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27

Slade
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Knight Rider Festival: the locked Mustang

Postby Slade » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:45 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:
We had a few issues during the live feeds where we were sending only audio, or only black feeds, so that may have been one of those times. And I'm disappointed it didn't go through!

For those who weren't there in person, Slade did a funny "on-the-scene breaking news flash" of the unfolding drama. Was a great bit of spontaneous ad-libbing.


No worries and Thank you Micheal :wink:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

User avatar
james olden
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:04 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Las Vegas,Nevada

Re: Knight Rider Festival: the locked Mustang

Postby james olden » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:34 pm

she saved the day lol
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

User avatar
KITT
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: SLC
Contact:

Re: Knight Rider Festival: the locked Mustang

Postby KITT » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:38 pm

i guess being small has its benefits. though, i did get to sit inside of it kind of, lol.

i have a nice long bruise on my leg as a momento from this event.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest