How would you continue the 2008 Knight Rider?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Ka2
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

How would you continue the 2008 Knight Rider?

Post by Ka2 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:10 pm

I would rework the concept using retconned versions of Knight Rider 2000 and Team Knight Rider as real parts of the continuity.

I would also bring in Peter Parros as Mikes boss. David Hasselhoff would have recurring role, as would KI2T.

The show would become something of a buddy cop show, with elements of CSI or NCIS thrown in. Mike being the fighter and KI3T being a mobile crime lab.

I do have more involved ideas, but if I would even like the chance to share them with the Powers That Be it would be best not to.

What are your ideas?

lphill01
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: How would you continue the 2008 Knight Rider?

Post by lphill01 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:30 pm

Probably a main antagonist. Not nessessarily a specific person, but maybe an organization that FLAG is tracking. Maybe an organization (possibly a rogue government agency, enter- NID from Stargate SG-1) , or the possibility (as in the story behind my replica in progress) of K.A.R.R.'s return. K.A.R.R. downloaded his A.I. to a supercomputer before his untimely demise at the hands of Mike and K.I.3.T. and evolved into a computer virus similar to Knight Fever and infected a Mustang's computer, growing nanotechnology and reshaping the car back to his GT500KR form with minor upgrades.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:16 pm

Ok, please, if we go down this road, then we open a can of worms. Do we continue TKR? How about KR 2000?

May I suggest that you write fan fiction if you want. I'm not trying to be negative, but it's been more than 3 years since the Feb 08 2 hour film. Let's let KR 08 rest in peace...

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:31 am

I felt that season 1 ended off perfectly to flow into my ideal way to continue kr08.I would have had Sarah Graiman move the base of operations into her father's mansion in the 2 hour movie.She would take on the role of Devon miles as Mike's boss.Kitt 1.0 would be in the garage in peices but guess what?His AI is still functional on the mainframe Charles left running.So now Ki2t AI is the households systems with possibly holographic projection of itself in human form ( yes we're casting Mr.Feeney William Daniels for it lol).Michael Knight isn't who I would choose to play Devon's old role fro some reason,I still see him out in the field fighting crime but the beurocratic way,politics,red tape etc.Maybe from time to time an old foe lets say Garthe were to return and he would have to return the old fashioned way of fighting him with ki3t.The new semi would be fully stocked.Billy and Zoe would remian and finally be together.Weird that in kr such a side plot romance was actually cool to me.

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:54 pm

i did a post about this question last year lol. but this how i would continue it,now the main thing everyone would love is to show what happen to flag,ki2ts a.i.,bonnie,rc3,and devon after 1986 until 2008 i would of course fill in those gaps"something nbc promised us they was gonna do but didnt lol".2 weeks before season 2 i would have a contest to win either a ki2t replica or ki3t replica to promote season 2.now for the season 2 premire 2 hour movie garth knight returns with a new and improved goliath. garth kiddnapps billy,zoe,and sarah.goliath nearly destoryes ki3t and the kitt cave.with noone to turn to,mike asks his father michael knight sr. for help,michael sr. finds bonnie barstow and april curtis for help rebuilding and improving ki3t. at the end of the episode flag moves back into the knight mansion,sarah later steps down as head of flag but now as a bonnie barstow character,she then gives michael knight sr. a old will from the late devon miles stating that he is givin full control of flag if him and the graimens are n/a. ki2ts a.i. returnes, but his a.i. is built into the new flag mobile unit. with william daniels as the voice for ki2t. mike jr is still driving ki3t. i would bring back the flag theme music,rc3 does a cameo apperance.Also later in the series since trk is not in the knight rider timeline and it would be great to show a evil man and his evil car i would have a episode about the knight reformulation one "k.r.o." and martin jantzen like a reboot episode. also k.a.r.r. would return sometime in the series.
And for something on the side for like the cartoon network or adult swim i would start a knight rider cartoon series that takes place right after the scent of roses in 1986 up until the fate of flag. with everyone from the original series (besides edward mulhare) for the voice of their character.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Ka2
Volunteer

Post by Ka2 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:17 pm

I like the cartoon idea. Wonder if NBC/Universal would at least go that route. It shouldn't affect any other plans they could have for a live action series or a motion picture.

TheSlythe
Volunteer

Post by TheSlythe » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:19 pm

Id really love to see an animated KR. I think it would work well along side the action cartoons aimed at young boys like Ben10 etc.

I persojnally love the artistic style of this animated spoof
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUkt8yP_HhI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:48 pm

An Animated Knight Rider Series would be a Great Idea. Get David Hasselhoff and People who were on KR to Provide the Voices-FANTASTIC. :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

trainwreckchris
Stranger

Post by trainwreckchris » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:01 pm

I would get rid of the rear wheel drive and go with a Hyundai Elantra. Ford complain so much that Knight was using too much Ford. Kitt has never been front wheel drive or a four door or a 4 cyl. Then Kitt goes against Goliath. Kitt gets destroy and brought back as a Genesis and goes against Goliath again. The Mustang becomes Karr and Kitt vs Karr again.

jlnyr
Stranger

Post by jlnyr » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:48 pm

I would continue the show just like TPTB were going to, just focusing on Mike, Sarah, Zoe, Billy and KITT. I've been watching the entire series non stop for the past week. I'm completely addicted to it again, just like I was when it was on TV.

I've scoured the web for fan fiction based on this particular version, and I've actually toyed with the idea of writing some of my own. However, in the fan fiction that I write I really like to write tags to the already present episodes along with stand alone stories of my own creation. But when I do the tags I like to include the actual dialogue from the show and right now I'm finding it difficult to locate a place on the web that has the transcripts for the shows.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find transcripts from the show? I'd love to be able to write some fan fiction for this version as I know that we won't get to see a second season :(

3rings
Recruit

Post by 3rings » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:49 am

I would bring back Garth Knight and a new super Goliath. I already did some fancy video editing and put Garth in the Juggernaut vehicle of Knight of the Juggernaut instead of Nicholas Worth as the driver. True, you just wonder how he got out of that fall off the cliff in Goliath Returns, but I felt he did someway.

I think Garth would be a great 2 hour season opener for KR 2008. And I'm going to give you my opinion, KR2008 is the sixth season to the Knight Rider Series. KR 2000 and Team Knight Rider did happen. My belief is that the events took place before KR 2008.

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:41 pm

I had once done a fan fic about the KARR on Knight to Kings Pawn episode actually being one of two prototypes that Jack Hurst had created. The one with Torres was with actually was transmitting information to Hurst's developers, who in fact had another vehicle, with the abilities of BOTH KI3T and KARR. Its first mission is to destroy FLAG'S remaining original team, Bonnie Barstow, April Curtis, Jennifer Knight, Reginald Corneilus III, and Micheal Knight Sr. And Mike and KI3T must find a way to stop KARR once and for all.
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:16 am

It's revealed that Garthe & Adrienne had a son, Maximus, who's built a new Goliath, and using plans he had
stolen from FLAG, has built another KARR. With these two weapons, he plans to kill Mike, Sarah and anyone
else associated w/ FLAG, & destroy the Foundation. The SSC is renovated, and the FLAG mansion is the official
homebase once again. The rig and a new plane serve as the mobile units. Mike & Sarah are together now.
MK Sr. is running FLAG, with Bonnie, April & RC3 as the board. KITT is now in a newer Mustang body. FLAG now
handles counter-terror missions, as well as cases where they make a difference.