Knight Rider Franchise Documentary

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

annericelover
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Knight Rider Franchise Documentary

Post by annericelover » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:16 pm

Never Sleep Again, His Name Was Jason, Halloween 25 Years of Terror and The Psycho Legacy are just a few documentaries that have come out in recent years that have covered in great details a vast set of films that up until now have been shunned by the mass people. I was thinking how it be awesome to have a documentary on all corners of this franchise, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.
Of course with a documentary like this a few MUST would need to be done, they are:
Approval from Universal on footage shown
Glen A Larson and David Hasselhoff must be involved in both interviews and the project itself
Covering all KR1982, KR2000, KR2010, KR2008, TKR & Code of Vengeance and the upcoming film.
It should be narrated by William Daniels as himself or as KITT and even have Val Kilmer come in for part of it.
It should also include as many interviews as possible from each show, now while KR2010 isn't really part of the KR world except through name and a few stuff, they should cover the way it came to be. This of course, may be tricky if the film is distributed by another company, but I do believe Universal has stake in it.
Team Knight Rider and Knight Rider 2008 should have more detail on what was too come if they continued and why the series' was canceled so soon(as far as I know TKR was decent enough and KR2008 had a pretty good set of ratings).]

I have a tons load more of ideas for a great documentary, but no funds what so ever to pursue myself, so if there is anyone out there interested in this go for it. Maybe someone at NBC or Universal will see this and decide on their own to produce one(perhaps as a DVD extra for the film when it comes out).

Stealthwalker
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider Franchise Documentary

Post by Stealthwalker » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:25 pm

It would be like "The Knight Rider Companion" on DVD, I would buy it within a heartbeat.
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

annericelover
Volunteer

Post by annericelover » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:41 pm

Stealthwalker wrote:It would be like "The Knight Rider Companion" on DVD, I would buy it within a heartbeat.
There's a companion book that covers the whole franchise in detail? Where? How much?

james olden
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by james olden » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:44 pm

annericelover wrote:
Stealthwalker wrote:It would be like "The Knight Rider Companion" on DVD, I would buy it within a heartbeat.
There's a companion book that covers the whole franchise in detail? Where? How much?
hit up victor kros i think he wrote the official one
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:17 pm

That would be me and here is a link to my book, The Knight Rider Companion.

http://www.knightridercompanion.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can also see more of it including reviews from customers and cast/crew from the series at the expanded site here:

http://www.valaryc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - click the "KRC Book" tab.

Enjoy!

=VK=
:dash:

annericelover
Volunteer

Post by annericelover » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:02 pm

Victor Kros wrote:That would be me and here is a link to my book, The Knight Rider Companion.

http://www.knightridercompanion.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can also see more of it including reviews from customers and cast/crew from the series at the expanded site here:

http://www.valaryc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - click the "KRC Book" tab.

Enjoy!

=VK=
That's awesome, you'll be getting an order from me next month. Are there any plans to make this into a documentary? Does this cover anything beyond KR2000? If not, are there plans to make a 2nd book dealing with the spin-offs?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:46 pm

No, I have no intentions of making a documentary of the series as that would violate many of the copyright and trademark laws set forth by NBCU and I have no desire to get into legal matters with them. The Knight Rider Companion only covers the original mythology of Knight Rider which includes anything involving the original series cast. It does not include TKR, KR 2010, or KR08. There are other books out there that cover this material well like Knight Rider Legacy and a german publication called Das Knight Rider Book.

The Knight Rider Companion is designed to be a visual guide to the original series. An easy to reference guidebook or "companion" to the original series seasons 1-4 and KR2000. It is not a novel format that tells how the series was put together but rather reveals the story through various photos and interviews with the people who helped make it possible.

There will not be an updated or "second edition" version of KRC in the near future. This is due firstly to the cost involved to produce the book which was substantial given my high quality of standards and obtaining photo clearances. Also the printing company that produced it is out of business. When I say there are only 2000 copies availible, I mean it.

Secondly due to some individuals claiming ownership of "coverage" of the series and other egotistical and political matters - it is not possible to update KRC with new coverage without confrontation. Certain people out there feel that their "coverage" of the series becomes their property whether archival, forum based, or otherwise. I have no desire to get involved in such volitile territorial disputes with other fans who feel entitled to compensation.

My belief is that collectively, we all give a detailed account of how the series came to be. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, we all have things we know more than others. It doesn't matter if its in a book or on a forum or on a website - as a collective group of passionate fans we explore every facet that made this series so memorable and continues to keep its spirit alive today.

Thank you for your interest and I look forward to fulfilling your order soon.

=VK=

annericelover
Volunteer

Post by annericelover » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:49 pm

Victor Kros wrote:No, I have no intentions of making a documentary of the series as that would violate many of the copyright and trademark laws set forth by NBCU and I have no desire to get into legal matters with them. The Knight Rider Companion only covers the original mythology of Knight Rider which includes anything involving the original series cast. It does not include TKR, KR 2010, or KR08. There are other books out there that cover this material well like Knight Rider Legacy and a german publication called Das Knight Rider Book.

The Knight Rider Companion is designed to be a visual guide to the original series. An easy to reference guidebook or "companion" to the original series seasons 1-4 and KR2000. It is not a novel format that tells how the series was put together but rather reveals the story through various photos and interviews with the people who helped make it possible.

There will not be an updated or "second edition" version of KRC in the near future. This is due firstly to the cost involved to produce the book which was substantial given my high quality of standards and obtaining photo clearances. Also the printing company that produced it is out of business. When I say there are only 2000 copies availible, I mean it.

Secondly due to some individuals claiming ownership of "coverage" of the series and other egotistical and political matters - it is not possible to update KRC with new coverage without confrontation. Certain people out there feel that their "coverage" of the series becomes their property whether archival, forum based, or otherwise. I have no desire to get involved in such volitile territorial disputes with other fans who feel entitled to compensation.

My belief is that collectively, we all give a detailed account of how the series came to be. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, we all have things we know more than others. It doesn't matter if its in a book or on a forum or on a website - as a collective group of passionate fans we explore every facet that made this series so memorable and continues to keep its spirit alive today.

Thank you for your interest and I look forward to fulfilling your order soon.

=VK=
No problem, thank you for informing me on the other books as well, its refreshing to see that you are willing to let a fellow fan know of other sources besides your own just to help my curiosity out. I have both Friday the 13th Documentary style novels as well, so I know how beneficial it is to see different views on the same subject. It would be awesome to one day get a "Complete" look at the series in both book and video form, but this is awesome to go by for now.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:10 pm

Little tidbit you might find interesting as I see you cite "Never Sleep Again". I was actually video taped and will be included in another upcoming Nightmare on Elm Street documentary produced by Heather Langenkamp called, "I Am Nancy".

The documentary looks at the other side of the Nightmare franchise and focuses on the character of Nancy Thompson (and Heather herself) and how she has influenced the lives of fans in terms of female empowerment and so on as well as fan interaction at various conventions. It's a facinating look at what it's like in the life of the central heroine of the franchise rather than just the Freddy we all know and love.

See more here:

http://www.iamnancy.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also sent a copy of KRC to Robert Englund with a sketch of Freddy inside that I drew for him, given that he was in the episode "Fright Knight" from Season Four of the original series.

Here's what he sent back

Here's a shot of Heather and I from a convention in Hollywood a while back.

Amazing what kind of doors can open up from my journey covering Knight Rider.

=VK=

annericelover
Volunteer

Post by annericelover » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:21 pm

Victor Kros wrote:Little tidbit you might find interesting as I see you cite "Never Sleep Again". I was actually video taped and will be included in another upcoming Nightmare on Elm Street documentary produced by Heather Langenkamp called, "I Am Nancy".

The documentary looks at the other side of the Nightmare franchise and focuses on the character of Nancy Thompson (and Heather herself) and how she has influenced the lives of fans in terms of female empowerment and so on as well as fan interaction at various conventions. It's a facinating look at what it's like in the life of the central heroine of the franchise rather than just the Freddy we all know and love.

See more here:

http://www.iamnancy.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also sent a copy of KRC to Robert Englund with a sketch of Freddy inside that I drew for him, given that he was in the episode "Fright Knight" from Season Four of the original series.

Here's what he sent back

Here's a shot of Heather and I from a convention in Hollywood a while back.

Amazing what kind of doors can open up from my journey covering Knight Rider.

=VK=
AWESOME, My friend Chrissy will be in that documentary, she's a look-a-like to Heather, so much so that she is asked for her autograph all the time because people think she is Heather. Her facebook she goes under Nancy Thompson, she's submitted a video about her experience as a look-a-like and how Heather has inspired her and she has kept in contact with the makers of the Documentary to give up to date info, she is also the moderator of the Beautiful Dreamer Website(A Heather Langenkamp fan site). I have been looking forward to this documentary as well, I have met both Lezlie Deane and Tuesday Knight because of the NSA documentary and they are great friends.