Two Original Knight Rider Themes

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Two Original Knight Rider Themes

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:27 pm

Years ago, I noticed that there were two slightly different versions of the original Knight Rider theme. The first version was quite obviously made by Stu Phillips and Glen Larson (it can be found on Stu Phillips' original scores CD available on iTunes). The second version (which is the one that's mostly used), I am not sure if it was re-recorded by Don Peake with more percussion, or if Stu Phillips updated it.

I believe after the first 13 episodes is when Don Peake took over the musical cues for the rest of the series. What I am wondering is if this is why the change occurred? I have both versions and would have loved to include them in the thread, if I knew how.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

David
Rookie

Re: Two Original Knight Rider Themes

Post by David » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:28 pm

I was under the impression that the intro music was re-recorded and slightly tweaked for each new season?

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Re: Two Original Knight Rider Themes

Post by KFCreator » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:12 pm

I'm not sure the theme really changed when Don took over, I think the theme from Seasons 1 and 2 are pretty similar, however I can hear a distinct difference with the Seasons 3 and 4 theme. You have me curious, now I'm going to have to go back and re-watch Season 1 to see if I can hear a difference before and after Don took over for Stu.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff