Michaels Watch - House Martin - Photos

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

james169
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Michaels Watch - House Martin - Photos

Post by james169 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:42 am

Hi all,

I am a new member to this site and have joined as I was going through my loft and found my old forgotten Kight Rider watch, after searching for information on it this seemed to be the best place for information and friendly members who are happy to help with their knowledge

I have my original Knight Rider watch which I used to wear as a young whipersnapper!! It has brought back a lot of memorys as I think back to setting the alarm just to hear the theme tune and then running around pretendning to be KITT on a mission to save someone.

It has on the front display:

KNIGHT RIDER TM
ENGAGE

on the left of 'engage' is a series of 6 small boxes side by side

and down the left hand side: as a symbol - copyright 1982 UNIV. STUDIOS

and then at the bottom of the disply, just above the two dials:

(((.))) TRANSMIT

It has two push buttons on each sie of the watch (total fo four) for changing the date, time, alarm etc

On the back case it has engraved:

MADE IN HONG KONG
FOR

HOUSE MARTIN

and where the pin goes through the wrist strap on the back it has:

16MM

Moulded into each strap

As I only found it today I haven't been out to get an new battery for it to make sure it still works but I will update tommorrow to let you know

Any ideas as to how much it is worth would be appreciated, I am saving for my wedding at the moment and although I don't really want to part with it as it has so many memorys of my childhood if it can help to pay for my wedding it would be great

Thanks

James

Matthew
Site Administrator

Re: Michaels Watch - House Martin - Photos

Post by Matthew » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:49 pm

Hi James,

I’m afraid I can’t help you with any of the details that you’ve asked about, but I have to say that your watch is in excellent condition considering it’s from your childhood. Hopefully someone such as Mark Puette (who recently created a replica of the comlink) will be able to stop by and help out. In the meantime, welcome to the Knight Rider Online family. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

james169
Stranger

Post by james169 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:58 am

Hi there Matt,

Thanks for the reply, I'm off now to get a new battery fitted to it so hopefully it still works, can't wait to set the alarm and hear the theme tune agan!!

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:39 am

James your watch is worth about $100.00. It was made in the UK.
This one sold for $69.24
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... google.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't think you should get rid of it as it won't do much for your wedding expenses, but it's certainly is VERY cool!

The original watch used by Hasselhoff, cosmetically enhanced for the show is a Hong Kong made LCD model sold under a variety of brand names (Nelsonic, Gala, Advance, Quasatron, etc.). But this gadget watch is pretty neat in its own right. I love the fact that the House Martin version plays the theme. :D
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

KITTfan
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KITTfan » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 am

I agree it is in very good condition for being used by a kid and probably very rare too these days. Please let us know if the watch still works, would be also cool to hear it if you could record a videoclip or audio file of the theme tune :)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:49 pm

It's funny, because I remember reading in a thread here awhile ago how a fan wanted to lend David Hasselhoff a replica Comlink for a public appearance, and he said something like, "Take it back to K-Mart." Now it looks as if these watches actually do have a decent value to them after all.

James, from one fan to another: Keep the watch (and don't let your fiancé tell you to sell it either)! 8)
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

james169
Stranger

Post by james169 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:46 am

Hi all,

Thank you all for your comments and help, I have found them very useful, I have managed to make it to have a new battery fitted and it works just as good as new!!

I will post picture of it with the display working when I can and I will upload a recording of the alarm tune, it wa amazaing ot hear it again after all those years the first time I set the alarm after having the new battery put in it!

GullWing
Volunteer

Post by GullWing » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:27 am

Hi James -

Great to see pictures of that thing - I remember coveting one badly when I was a kid but never getting it. I was going through my old 'Look-In's' when I found this...

Don't bother cutting & sending guys - the offer expired in 1984 :lol:
It would be decades before I finally got the Prop watch I always wanted from a member here -

It would be great if you could get it going and play the alarm...!