Scanner Question

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Ind.2000
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Scanner Question

Post by Knight Ind.2000 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:06 am

Does anyone know if the "Night Rider" scanners are any good? I mean are they worth buying as far as quality and authenticity?
Thanks
:kitt:
Attachments
scanners.jpg
scanners.jpg (32.83 KiB) Viewed 48682 times

Avenger95
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Scanner Question

Post by Avenger95 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:48 am

I own the red one. They are....decent. But are really horrible knockoffs. You get what you pay for. The plastic switch to turn the scanner on/off breaks easy.
...... []Knight Avenger Guardian Enforcer[] ......

Tuono Nero
Stranger

Post by Tuono Nero » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:33 am

i think that's just crap

Knight Ind.2000
Recruit

Post by Knight Ind.2000 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Thanks, I didn't know anything about this product. I don't want to purchase anything that is a piece of junk.
So, now I guess the question is, does anyone know where I can purchase a good scanner?
Thanks,

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:42 am

For what kind of car?

Knight Ind.2000
Recruit

Post by Knight Ind.2000 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:12 pm

An '86 Pontiac Firebrid. Eventually, this car will be a :kitt: replica, so I'm looking for a red scanner.
Attachments
KITT.jpg
KITT.jpg (98.46 KiB) Viewed 48547 times

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:38 pm

Nice Firebird!!! Taoworm makes the scanners for the Mustangs. There's a post on here somewhere that has a list of people and what they make, just can't remember where it is. Also, more pic's of the bird........

Knight Ind.2000
Recruit

Post by Knight Ind.2000 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:13 pm

krkitt1 wrote:Nice Firebird!!! Taoworm makes the scanners for the Mustangs. There's a post on here somewhere that has a list of people and what they make, just can't remember where it is. Also, more pic's of the bird........
Thank you! I got him as a graduation present last year. Here are some more pictures...
Attachments
KITT.jpg
KITT.jpg (241.1 KiB) Viewed 48468 times

Tuono Nero
Stranger

Post by Tuono Nero » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:07 pm

That depends what you're looking for.
I may be able to help you.

Knight Ind.2000
Recruit

Post by Knight Ind.2000 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:53 pm

Tuono Nero wrote:That depends what you're looking for.
I may be able to help you.
Honestly, when I posted this I was looking for a temporary scanner, one I could use until I got the other materials I needed to make my car into KITT. When I do eventually, create my own KITT, I want a scanner that looks authentic and if possible, makes the scanner noise. Again, thanks for your help.

Also, if anyone knows where I can get any other materials for KITT (as of now I don't have anything) I would appreciate the help.
Thanks!

knightbrazil
Recruit

Post by knightbrazil » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:49 pm

Hi! I don´t know this "night rider " scanner... but, I can say what I sell is great!!!

This is my 1993 Firebird with KITT´s scanner, no neccessary change in the car to be installed.

The scanner has the old ( K2000 ) and new ( K3000 ) effect, between a lot of others you can choose.

See video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfaYVQJHgY4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It´s full operated by wireless control. You can choose different colors, effects, speed and turn on/off.

I hope you enjoy it...
Attachments
my pontiac1.jpg
my pontiac1.jpg (40.01 KiB) Viewed 48287 times

Knight Ind.2000
Recruit

Post by Knight Ind.2000 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:41 pm

knightbrazil wrote:Hi! I don´t know this "night rider " scanner... but, I can say what I sell is great!!!

This is my 1993 Firebird with KITT´s scanner, no neccessary change in the car to be installed.

The scanner has the old ( K2000 ) and new ( K3000 ) effect, between a lot of others you can choose.

See video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfaYVQJHgY4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It´s full operated by wireless control. You can choose different colors, effects, speed and turn on/off.

I hope you enjoy it...
The scanner looks great, and nice bird too!! I might be interested in purchasing one of your scanners. Where can I purchase it, and how much are you asking for it?
Thanks!

knightbrazil
Recruit

Post by knightbrazil » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:16 am

Hi... the price is US$ 48.98 for infrared control and US$ 72.00 to Radio Frequence control

Infrared - to use the control is neccessary to be in front of the bar leds.

Description ~

7 Color 56cm 48LED Car Knight Rider Strip Light 20 Modes
- More than 20 modes of scaning. Strenghthened offect of tail-dragging and lightening. The speed of the scan is adjustable.

- Power cut-off memory (when the power is turned on after cutoff,the mode setting would be the same as before the power turn-off.):The mode will take turns in sequences automatically. You may select and set a certain mode as well. All the functions are remote controlled.

- Lamp Breaking Knighterrant are all made of super bright fish Led. Power-thrifty and long product life.

-The cover is made of environment-friendly channel PVC,with 56cm in length and 1.4cm in width. Heat-resistant,waterproof, shock-proof and anti-corrosion.

- Handy installation. Standard socket connector, no damage to the car power system.

Method of Wiring

The red and black wires to be connected to the positive and negative electrodes respectively (for 12V Cars).

Package included :
1 x 56cm 48LED Car Knight Rider Strip Light 20 Modes
(7 Color)

RF - Radio frequence - you can use the control inside of the car...

Description ~

7 Color 56cm 48LED Car Knight Rider Strip Light

- More than 25 modes of scaning. Strenghthened offect of tail-dragging and lightening. The speed of the scan is adjustable.
- Power cut-off memory (when the power is turned on after cutoff,the mode setting would be the same as before the power turn-off.):The mode will take turns in sequences automatically. You may select and set a certain mode as well. All the functions are remote controlled.

- Lamp Breaking Knighterrant are all made of super bright fish Led. Power-thrifty and long product life.

-The cover is made of environment-friendly channel PVC,with 56cm in length and 1.4cm in width. Heat-resistant,waterproof, shock-proof and anti-corrosion.

- Handy installation. Standard socket connector, no damage to the car power system.

Method of Wiring

100% Brand New Knight Rider Light
LED Lamps:48 LED
LED Source:SMD 5050 (7 Colors)
Working Voltage: 12VDC
Low power consumption, long service life
Waterproof, shock resistant, anti-corrosion
More than 25 scanning modes

Romote Controller :
A Key: Change Color
B Key: Select different mode
C Key: Adjust speed of scanning mode
D: Key Power on and off

The red and black to be connected to the positive and negative electrodes respectively (for 12V Cars).

Connecting yellow wire to a positive one all leds will bright white...

Package included :
1 x 56cm 48LED Knight Rider Strip Light (7 Color)
1 X Remote controller with keychain
1 X Receiver

The payment must be done through paypal only... ( safe for you and safe for me )

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:06 am

Most replica owners start off with a JC Whitney Knight Rider scanner bar. (I did)
It looks the most accurate for the money your spending.
Heres a link: http://www.jcwhitney.com/flashing-light ... ilterid=j5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Heres a video of it in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo_AjEdV ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and in the car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIoIMqzmT5I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Knight Ind.2000
Recruit

Post by Knight Ind.2000 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:52 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:Most replica owners start off with a JC Whitney Knight Rider scanner bar. (I did)
It looks the most accurate for the money your spending.
Heres a link: http://www.jcwhitney.com/flashing-light ... ilterid=j5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Heres a video of it in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo_AjEdV ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and in the car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIoIMqzmT5I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks! I didn't realize that the JC Whitney scanner looked this accurate. This will most likely be the scanner I purchase. Thanks for your help, and the links! :D

scatpack
Operative

Post by scatpack » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:42 pm

If you put a red lense in front it looks even better.

Karasawa
Volunteer

Post by Karasawa » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:22 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Firebird ... ioQ5fVideo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this one lacks the control box but is just like the one i use

bdawg23
Rookie

Post by bdawg23 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:58 am

Did you ever find a scanner you like?

Knight Ind.2000
Recruit

Post by Knight Ind.2000 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:50 pm

I bought the JC Whitney scanner but, I plan to upgrade to a better one when I can. Right now its not on my Firebird because, I wanted to wait until after I got KITT's front bumper, then the entire car will have to be painted (its red).

bdawg23
Rookie

Post by bdawg23 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:29 pm

I hear ya. Mine is green with a old oxidized T/A hood. heh :)

romeoknight
Volunteer

Post by romeoknight » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:57 pm

:Pcan anyone help i need the new knight rider 2008 scanner where can i get one? :)

The shadowy flight
Rookie

Post by The shadowy flight » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:39 pm

knightbrazil wrote:Hi! I don´t know this "night rider " scanner... but, I can say what I sell is great!!!

See video

I hope you enjoy it...
Indeed , it is! :good: I like some of the modes you incoperated to your scanner. I as thinking, what if the new movie KITT could do some multi-sprectral scanning as IR, UV, VIS and other methodes of "seeing" like Terahertz wave and being shown as a change in colors.

I like the classic mode from the start and the colors blue @ 0:12 and purpule @ 0:23. The modes @ 0:56, @ 1:15, KITT's famous police mode @ 1:34, @ 2:31, @ 2:34, pulse mode @ 2:44, the slightly different classic @ 2:52, @ 3:00, slow classic @ 3:24, faster than slow classic @ 3:30 as well as the speed up to 3:46.

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:41 pm

sweet scanner man! but you might wanna think about making a diffuser, the scanner was awfully bright....

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:27 pm

Lectric Enterprises has the definitive scanner with sound. He has both Halogen and LED scanners. I personally prefer the Halogen, which is what I put on my car.

This is his website:
http://www.knight-f2k4.com/

Chris

KiTT316
Rookie

Post by KiTT316 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:35 am

Knight Ind.2000 wrote:
krkitt1 wrote:Nice Firebird!!! Taoworm makes the scanners for the Mustangs. There's a post on here somewhere that has a list of people and what they make, just can't remember where it is. Also, more pic's of the bird........
Thank you! I got him as a graduation present last year. Here are some more pictures...
That's so funny! My first "KITT" was an 86 Firebird, and it looked JUST like that!

Here's a semi-before and after...

Have fun, and don't go too cheap on your parts, or this will be YOUR "first" KITT as well!

PS, Brennon @ Lectric Enterprises makes the best scanner, to second what Corlando52 said. I had a JC Whitney on mine at first (as usual), then I went with a Bill Meyers scanner, which was also crap.

-Matt