KRF III Collectibles...

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

KRF III Collectibles...

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:52 pm

(still working on the backside design)

Just a little something I've been working on...more stuff from NRN Design announced soon.

=VK=
:dash:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Re: KRF III Collectibles...

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:47 pm

The backside of Card #1 covering the first Knight Rider Festival.

=VK=

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:39 pm

That is soo cool!!! Can't wait to bring the car to Vegas!!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:09 pm

The backside of Card #2 covering the second Knight Rider Festival. (KRF II)

=VK=

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:23 am

Here's the backside of the "KRF EVENT POSTER" Trading Card Set that I will have availible at KRF III. I had to make some changes to the text from the previous mock-ups because it occured to me that after printing out the designs at actual trading card size, the font I was using wasn't thick/bold enough to read clearly. So now hopefully everything is all set for production.

(Facebook compressed my photo - but I assure you the details are crisp and clear on the full sized card art - if you like you can right click the image and view it in a new tab to see the text a bit clearer.)

These will be a limited edition run of 250 three-card sets and will come in a white trading card envelope to hold them in.

More details to come soon.

=VK=

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:06 pm

Will you do any preorders???

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:34 pm

krkitt1 wrote:Will you do any preorders???
- Not entirely sure yet. Because I've already got about 25 sets spoken for, I was going to do 200 but I'm going to increase the run to 250 sets to meet demand. It is my full intention to sell out of these. I won't consider taking pre-order payment until I at least have the cards in hand and properly packaged. I'll be posting up more progress as the process moves forward.

=VK=

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:57 am

This is a work in progress on the 16x24 "glow in the dark ink" KRF III event poster. The blue areas represent where the "glow" is going to go and as you can see, I haven't got to the cars or fire/sparks yet. There's a lot of detail I'm putting in for that cool "tron line" look. The glow in the dark "ink" will be clear in the daylight.

More soon.

=VK=

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:50 pm

Awesome :good:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:26 am

Still working on KARR...

=VK=

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:19 am

That is soo cool!!!!!

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:18 pm

Definitely looking forward to this :good:

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Skav » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:21 pm

Good stuff, Nick!

What would be a nice touch, if possible, is to put red and yellow scanner glows on the cars. Would look awesome!
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:45 pm

Skav wrote:Good stuff, Nick!

What would be a nice touch, if possible, is to put red and yellow scanner glows on the cars. Would look awesome!
- I can't do that, it would cost too much for the extra glow "colors" (they have to make screens for each spot color). However with a thin application of the glow over the scanners, they should appear to light up as the bounce light will illuminate the red/yellow regions of the poster colors itself. That's why I didn't detail them - otherwise it would look like a big white smear.

I don't have the actual glow ink to reference from so it's quite literally a "shot in the dark" how things will turn out. My assumption is that the bounce light from the glow areas will illuminate the color details of the poster - but in this file I am working against pure black to simulate if there was no light and just the glow was charged, what would show up so that even in pitch black darkness, you can tell what is what. If you notice, the "spark" pattern is more defined in the dark as is the fire than it is in the daylight - this was intentional, along with the crisper KNIGHT RIDER letters in the logo. I will probably slip in some stuff you can only see in the dark as well - still working on things yet.

=VK=

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:17 am

At long last I have finally finished the glow in the dark detailing on KARR and made some minor additions to other things like the sign details/reels. This is all pending that the glow in the dark ink isn't going to block too much of my poster detail during the daytime - if it's not transparent enough to show the color detail underneath, I'll wind up removing some of the glow in the dark details so I can make sure the poster looks as good in the daytime as it does at night. At this point in time though, this detail project is done.

To give you an idea of the level of detail in the poster, here's a close up on KITT and KARR. Detailing the grill on the Shelby and the Shelby snake emblem was tremendously tedious as were the stripes.

Keep in mind the glow areas are colored blue-green so can see where the glow in the dark ink will be applied on the poster but the varnish is supposed to be clear in the day and glow at night.

The poster will be limited to 200 at 16x24 printed on 100# gloss and retail for $15.00. I plan on bundling this year's poster with what I have left of the KRF II "gold ink" poster from last year while supplies last. I've also invested in some poster tubes and specialty labels. Here's a look at the poster tube label art...

More soon...

=VK=

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:29 pm

Wow Awesome :good:

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:02 pm

WOW! What's the estimated price for the set? I may want to pre order. Great work, I'm very impressed! Thanks for sharing.
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:16 pm

This is the stamp rig I set up to produce the details on the KRF III Trading Card sets. I tried various methods but I think using the stamp and hand drawing in the borders works best. This rig here is set up so that the envelopes won't slide around and allow me to get an accurate centered stamp as much as possible while also being able to draw in (insane, I know) a fairly consistent border. You can see four of the finished envelopes along the top there.

I tried using a sharpie for a thicker border line but it just bled through the paper too much so I think a thinner and crisper felt tip pen line works best. These have that personal touch and every envelope will be unique as the lines and stamp will naturally vary. I think it's better than just sticking the cards in a plain white envelope.

Here are some finished envelopes.

KITT/KARR "KIT Sets" are here (still in the plastic wrap in the pic). KITT/KARR kit - $10.00 a set while supplies last and limited to 100 sets. They're done gloss and are 11x17. The KITT kit IS NOT exactly the same as the version availible anywhere online. There are some differences. If demand is high enough I might do a second run of sets but I would put something like "second edition" on there so the original run maintains its limited edition status.

These will be availible at KRF III on a first come, first served basis. I will have a limited number availible at the VIP party and the rest on Sat. When they're gone, they're gone.

Enjoy.

=VK=

Knight Ind.2000
Recruit

Post by Knight Ind.2000 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:19 am

I will not be able to attend the festival this year :( . Is there any way I can purchase one of the glow in the dark posters without attending? They look amazing! :good:
:kitt:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:46 am

The glow in the dark posters will be availble for order at the Knight Rider Festival store (when I update it later in the month) while supplies last. The rest will be sold at the event. Anything left over will go back into the store allotments.

Each mail order poster set will be $15.00 plus shipping/handling ($10.00 domestic, $30.00 international). If you're lucky enough, you will get the KRF II event poster with the gold ink as a bonus (while supplies last). When I run out of KRF II posters to bundle together, it will just be the one KRF III poster until I sell out.

=VK=

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:44 pm

Awesome work there Nick :good:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:59 pm

Here's some shots of the final printed "KRF Event Poster" card set (pardon the dust in some of the pics)

Here's a good shot of the 3D Spot gloss in action on the KRF III logo on card #3

More photos are availible here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5 ... a4018275c9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Each "KRF Event Poster" card set will retail for $7.00 and contain a custom stamped/bordered envelope containing 3 cards and are limited to 250 hand signed sets. Sets will be availible exclusively at KRF III and if any remain, on ebay. I may consider reprinting more sets if these prove popular enough/sell out but those would be marked with "second edition" as to preserve the collectibility of the original print run for the event.

All cards feature a high gloss full color finish and unique 3D spot gloss accents. This dimensional varnish gives a faux raised emboss look to select areas of the card with a raised thickness you can see and feel.

Partial proceeds will go to charity.

Like with the rest of my KRF III merchandise, when they're gone, they're gone.

:good:

=VK=

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:58 am

Wow those look great :good:

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:16 pm

Those look amazing Nick, I am consistently blown away at the level of quality that you sink into all of the projects that you do, whether it be big or small. My wife and I will be attending KRFIII and I am not going to be able to resist picking up the trading card set or likely any other collectibles I come across while we're there! Definitely looking forward to it and having the chance to meet you and everyone else in person. Keep up the tremendous work!
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:07 pm

I signed 250 cards (Card #3 in the set) and finished off stamping/bordering 250 envelopes. I rather admire this shot of some of my signed cards.

Thanks KFCreator, Slade, and everyone else. It's comments like yours that keeps me doing what I do. I think the road for an artist is full of highs and lows but at the end of the day the risks we take for the enjoyment of others is often the most rewarding. My dad and I have taken great steps (and risks) to make our KRF III merchandise offers the best yet at the most cost friendly price(s) availible. This venture never has been about money or personal gain but rather proof positive that we fans can still keep the spirit of Knight Rider alive by the creations we choose to share with the fans who take interest in them.

You can't pay banks in "passion" but I can at least invest in the fact my artwork is appreciated by people who understand it most and that has and continues to make all the difference.

Thanks again and I'll see you in Vegas.

This is not the last of my KRF III merchandise updates, so keep your scanners peeled as I get closer to wrapping production on the glow in the dark KRF III poster and of course the eagerly awaited t-shirts. When I have them in hand, pics will follow.

=VK=