Hot Wheels (Mattel) to release KITT in 2011!!!!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PBH
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Hot Wheels (Mattel) to release KITT in 2011!!!!

Post by PBH » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:11 pm

corlando52 wrote:I received a reply about the Hot Wheels ELITE KITT and the guy in charge of it. Here is a partial of what he said...
Just so you know he told me he wants much of the same things you wanted but a lot of comes down to being cost prohibitive.
If you do start a write in campaign, send it to Hot Wheels Marketing dept. try to get more than 20K people to write, then they'll listen.
ChrisO
I think you should start a new thread on this subject so that people find it directly instead of looking through this post to find it. Include the items that have been submitted and how we can all help.
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:11 am

Ladies and gents DRUM ROLL..........................................

KITT IS OUT on the 2012 Hot Wheels basic mainline 1:64 :good:

The case code is "G" Target,Toy's R Us,K-Mart are your best bet to get these at retail cost :wink:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Knight-Rider-Pr ... 2ebb31417b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A great start to the upcoming 30th Anniversary of Knight Rider !!!! :good: :mrgreen: :kitt:

Dave
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

My contact Dmcman108@yahoo.com

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:40 am

Cool! Gotta start looking for 1/64 KITT :)

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:37 am

What does the case code reflect on where the cars go. I'm a novice HW collector and haven't seen any rhyme nor reason how they distribute there cars in my area (Southern Missouri) I have a local Grocery store that maybe gets 2 boxes a year and then a display box every other year and 5 WalMarts and 2 Kmarts and 2 Targets I hit. I have found two 2012 Treasure Hunts looking for KITT though lol.

BTW KMart will be hosting HWC days at local KMarts around the country Feb. 11th. So if your all ready a HWC like me this is a great opportunity to find KITT :).

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/news ... ws_id=1313

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/HTML ... relist.htm
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:59 am

OK Well I went to KDay and no KITT but did find out the best way to find him. G Cases should be shipping mid Feb. this year. They will not be limited to certain stores so don't think WalMart isn't going to get any because here is how it works. If your store has ample stock now you might need to shop around because if they don't order any from Mattel by Late March there is a good chance he will get skipped. Since KMart has better runs with Hot Wheels special colors and KDays it is the best place to look for collectors. But expect to see them on shelves on any stores that carry 2012 editions no later than the end of March.The best thing about First edition is HW usually makes a ton of them and you should be able to find one eventually but of course we should be first and have a ample supply to play with :) I'm going for about 25 lol. If you run across a sister case car below you should really start hunting on the pegs.

Sister G case cars http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/Showroom/sneak/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2012 First Editions

Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 in Silver

2011 IndyCar Oval Course Race Car in Black

2012 Collector Series

68 Dodge Dart 426 HEMI® (Muscle Mania - Mopar) in Grey

’70 Plymouth Superbird (Muscle Mania - Mopar) in Purple with white trim

'66 Chevy Nova (Muscle Mania - GM) in Green

Bone Shaker (HW Racing) in HW Racing color scheme

2012 Code Cars

Tread Air in Brown

Semi-Psycho in Brown

Remember they have to have the colors matching the site for it to be a G case car. http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/Showroom/sneak/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck!!!!

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

KiTT316
Rookie

Post by KiTT316 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:12 pm

Completely confused...When should we start hunting? LOL

-Matt

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:29 pm

KiTT316 wrote:Completely confused...When should we start hunting? LOL

-Matt

"G" code cases with a KITT inside should start hitting stores early March

I recommend hitting Toy's R Us first :wink: :good: and next try Wal-Mart

Dave
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:35 am

ahhh yes 8) My local "source" is getting in 15 "G" case code cases this or next week,ALL the KITT's have my name on them :mrgreen:

Dave

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:30 pm

OKC KNIGHT wrote:ahhh yes 8) My local "source" is getting in 15 "G" case code cases this or next week,ALL the KITT's have my name on them :mrgreen:

Dave
15 cases huh?

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:43 am

MR2NR wrote:
OKC KNIGHT wrote:ahhh yes 8) My local "source" is getting in 15 "G" case code cases this or next week,ALL the KITT's have my name on them :mrgreen:

Dave
15 cases huh?

Yes 15 cases 8) ,ALL of them are spoken for.Some are going to my close KR buddies , Some lucky customers and the rest I'm keeping.

"Word around" these should be pretty common like the basic line BTTF Delorean which was a very common car or "Peg Warmer".

Dave

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:32 am

They sure aren't going to be a "Peg Warmer" around me. How dare you even say such a thing!!!!!

Season2Fan
Volunteer

Post by Season2Fan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Well I was able to finally snatch it, as I'm sure a lot of you already have... here's a pic:

It's basically the charawheels KITT with a standard hotwheels rim set. It's not bad IMO, the rims are very reminiscent of the original Kenner KITT with that chrome ring, which I'm very fond of. It does have a molded dash but it's not painted or labeled, so customizers will have a field day with that. I'd say hit up your local Targets to find this one. Their stock has been pretty low (at least in most of the targets I checked) so that's gonna be your best bet.
"I cut my finger. That's tragedy. A man walks into an open sewer and dies. That's comedy."

Tannim31
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Tannim31 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:56 pm

You sure season2fan? All the ones I have, have a printed/painted dash on then (not an accurate one but One non the less)

Season2Fan
Volunteer

Post by Season2Fan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:21 pm

I'll check it again, maybe I missed it. I wasn't planning on opening any that I obtain so I'll have to get a good look.
"I cut my finger. That's tragedy. A man walks into an open sewer and dies. That's comedy."

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:22 pm

Hey Season2Fan, what that cellphone logo on the package?
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

Season2Fan
Volunteer

Post by Season2Fan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:38 pm

It just references the QR code on the back where I think you can easily add this car to your online collection list at the hot wheels site by following the code with your smartphone. I'm not a HW collector so I haven't tried it.

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:27 pm

Is anyone else having lots of trouble finding these in stores? I don't need to buy 50 of them and put them on eBay at a 700% markup, so if anyone is hoarding these, stop and let casual collectors get a couple...

Tannim31
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Tannim31 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:31 pm

i am finding it virtually imposable to locate them anywhere but ebay in my are (south Texas) luckily I have a girlfriend that bought me a few on ebay (it was a variety pack, 2 kitt, 1 GB Ecto 1, 1 66 b-mobile and 1 a-team van) so my search is over. Good luck on your searches!

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:25 am

Lets see here :?

Within a 50 mile radius on my side of the region/area lol.I have 4 toys r us,3 Wal Marts and 15 Targets.NONE and I mean NONE had ANY "G" cases with KITTS !!! :shock: Only one Target 50 miles from my home had a "G" case but of course KITT was gone :x

BUT !!!,My "HW" source called yesterday and told me to stop by.I did and BAM 30 KITTS !!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: 8)

Now more intersting facts there IS a variation out of the 30 KITTS, 5 had a darker tan interior.The rest were light tan.These cars Have tampo red scanner,Tampo Dash electronics and ofcoarse KNIGHT rear plate :mrgreen:

Was a good day yesterday 8)

Today is back to "Work" lol Looking at 2 '82 trans am parts car :wink: :mrgreen:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh California 8) :kittconv:

Dave

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:43 pm

Well don't feel bad I still have not found any KITTS either and hit 12 stores this weekend. Over 100 mile radius. I even have a guy that works for Pepsi checking everyday at 4 stores also. I have found almost all of the G Case cars on HWC. So ya I think KITT must me one desirable HW around here :).

Season2Fan
Volunteer

Post by Season2Fan » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:02 pm

I'll keep my eyes open for more KITTs, if any of you need one.

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:36 pm

Finally found three. im happy

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:33 pm

Same here in the East Texas area. I've been through every store that should have them and nothing yet. I assume that eventually, the time will come that they'll be pretty common but that time isn't now. At least it's good to know that there is still such love for Knight Rider in the area. :-)

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Found a few in my local grocery store, interestingly enough, they are the 2012 HW Premiere international line, not the domestic 2012 New Models.

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:42 am

Scott Kirkessner wrote:Found a few in my local grocery store, interestingly enough, they are the 2012 HW Premiere international line, not the domestic 2012 New Models.
lol Thats great!!! I found some also now. My buddy brought me home a sack and had a couple Harley HW's in it and of course the last one I pull out is KITT. It was in a tiny town that has a dinky WalMart. He said he watched the guy put them up lol. I found my first one myself at Toy R US and have about 4 now. Also out of the blue DOLLAR Generals bought display cases with 2012 cars!!!! Every DG around me had brand new HW's which is rare for me has most only have old WalMart stock. I even pulled into a space which had a opened blister of KITT lol!!!!

If anybody wants to trade a Premier for a First Edition let me know. :).