Universal Studios Park KITT Timeline and Questions

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

james olden
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Universal Studios Park KITT Timeline and Questions

Post by james olden » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:00 am

greeknight wrote:"Last year, I purchased the steering wheel, TV frame and two dash panels from the season 3/4 car used here. This week, I purchased some items from the OTHER park car (Details to follow this weekend)."

So you are the one that outbit me at ebay auction for15$ if I remember correctly!
All this time I had the impression that the guy that bought the universal car won them.
are you sayin that the parts used in the series was only $15 bucks a piece ???
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

greeknight
Rookie

Post by greeknight » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:11 am

james olden wrote:
greeknight wrote:"Last year, I purchased the steering wheel, TV frame and two dash panels from the season 3/4 car used here. This week, I purchased some items from the OTHER park car (Details to follow this weekend)."

So you are the one that outbit me at ebay auction for15$ if I remember correctly!
All this time I had the impression that the guy that bought the universal car won them.
are you sayin that the parts used in the series was only $15 bucks a piece ???
No...my bid waw 600$ and his was $615! It still hurts but that's life.

GameMachineJames
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by GameMachineJames » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:29 am

I gotta ask because this is around the timeframe you guys are talking about. I heard that in 96-97 a screen-used Domino was put in KITT's place at the park, before TKR tanked. Does anyone have any information on this car?
Promotional Postcard Licensing Fair 1996
Series Bible
Style and Merchandising guide with original vectors.
"Get Ready To Ride" Poster
TKR Annual
SCREEN-USED TKR Sign from a Sky One Door

RenanrRinaldi
Recruit

Post by RenanrRinaldi » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:07 pm

n knight wrote: Image
This thing is so beautiful! Congrats for the replica!
Mike: Next time, calculate faster.
KITT: Were you injured?
Mike: No
KITT: Then my calculations were fast enough.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:08 am

GameMachineJames wrote:I gotta ask because this is around the timeframe you guys are talking about. I heard that in 96-97 a screen-used Domino was put in KITT's place at the park, before TKR tanked. Does anyone have any information on this car?
I remember there definitely being a Beast truck parked in front of the water where KITT used to be. I also remember seeing Domino at Universal, but my mind is blurry and I'm not sure if that was part of a permanent display or if it was just when I saw the cars at a TKR promotional event. I will try to dig through my photos, but they were all film at the time so I won't have many.

I'll also check what I have on the KITT moving around.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:41 pm

@Joe

I see there where some funny ground effects under the KITT car, was there a reason why they did this?
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:41 am

GameMachineJames wrote:I gotta ask because this is around the timeframe you guys are talking about. I heard that in 96-97 a screen-used Domino was put in KITT's place at the park, before TKR tanked. Does anyone have any information on this car?
I found my old photos... Attack Beast was parked in front of KITT's old pool, not Domino. And I only saw Domino in front of the park for a special publicity event. I had a season pass back then and went to Universal fairly often, but never saw Domino inside the park itself.
beast-universal.jpg
beast-universal.jpg (110.51 KiB) Viewed 13501 times
domino-universal.jpg
domino-universal.jpg (74.66 KiB) Viewed 13501 times
Unlike the other series, I don't think they had a lot of copies of all of the vehicles. The series finished production before the first episode aired, so they could have easily used the on-screen cars for publicity.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:28 pm

Knight Racer wrote:I have a bunch more pics from kitt at universal studios.I also have a video clip recorded by it in finland.I think I also have a universal studios guest spot by David and Rosie Odonell but I forgot where I left that in my archive.

Here's some of it

http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww28 ... ?start=all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cool! I don't think I've ever seen this video before :) The interviewer is Mikko Alatalo, I don't know what's the tv-show this clip is from though. In the 80's he was in tv-show called "Hittimittari" but it was about then current hit music, perhaps in some episode there was Hasselhoff's music and they did this KITT interview for it or maybe it's some totally different show, I don't know but it's great to look this clip now after all these years, thanks for sharing :)

Here's two clippings I found from my collection which look like they're the Universal Studios KITT with 2-tv dashboard. I don't remember anymore if these were from newspaper or some magazine as I didn't keep the article, just these 2 pics. Sorry about the childish KITT drawings in the background :lol:
ImageImage

stringfellow
Volunteer

Post by stringfellow » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:09 am

Found this by chance the other day. http://thestudiotour.com/ush/attraction ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is a shame that so many awesome attractions like this one are now gone.