Biggest mistake on KR movie

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Biggest mistake on KR movie

Post by Josch Schulz » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:01 pm

@ brentnall_KR

Everybody is easy with you do not be scared, nobody eats you :mrgreen:

Okay here we go :good:

Code: Select all

Keep the tradition, introduce the newer version of a Pontiac into the film.
Well there is the first problem. I do not know if you saw or read about that but Pontiac is gone. No more Solstice, no more Vibe, no more G8 GXP. Even when there is a chance to make something like that, they can not do it because Pontiac is gone :(

So what we have to come up with, that is right, is something what has the lines or style of a trans am but is something totaly new. It is not easy, but it is possible. Its like me, I built a replica of KR2010 car, names Hannah. My car is based on the movie but gets some modifications to get more Trans Am style in it :mrgreen: But it will be something different :mrgreen:

Anyway, the most what I like to see about KR would be something totaly different what brings up more with Michael and his problems about the Knight Industries and Jennifer Knight. I wrote a wonderful Book about Kr what comes out soon as possible...my version of the movie....more darker but still kr
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

Nicholas Knight
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Nicholas Knight » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:34 am

Brentnall, Welcome to kr online. You have a lot of valuable points, my friend. In my opinion only ONE car should be KITT in this movie. In the beginning, KITT was a 1982 Trans Am. The first with the newer design. This awesome car made the Firebird/TA well known. Sadly the Trans Am/Firebird is not made anymore. But it lasted until 2002, 20 years later. It only makes sense to me that the new KITT be the 2002 Trans Am. The unique style is current, and with some changes (Nose, digital gauges, blackened taillights, etc.) it would definately have homage to the original!!!! It doesnt matter that Pontiac is outta business. I see Pontiacs everyday, so its a common vehicle. KITT was known as the "Black T-Top" anyways, not as a Pontiac in the series. When KITT was hit by Goliath, Micheal didnt pull out the Pontiac Manual, he pulled out the Knight Industries Manual. So maybe in their reality, there was no Firebirds/TA's, only Camaros, as seen in an episode.
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

musicmaniac1965
Volunteer

Post by musicmaniac1965 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:42 am

@brentnall_KR : wow, huge first post. first of all, welcome to the knight rider forums. it's nice there are still knight rider fan's out there who haven't discovered the forums yet, so there's new members every once in a while :-D

i think the biggest mistake is not to try and make a new knight rider movie. the concept of a car that can help out fighting crime, has humor, and builds a band between him and the driver, while still arguing with each other (the tv series), it's a concept i like. the new tv series just does not have the same mood as the old school one. somehow i just can't get used to it. the strange thing is that the stunts, and the special fx are hugely improved, but still, i find the band between the driver and car more important. also the voice of the car. but i know there are also fans of the new series, so i guess it just has something to do with me. i'm just to used to david hasselhoff and the old kitt, to let someone else take over the rolle of "one man can make a difference" :-D
Kind regards,

musicmaniac1965

:kitt: :karr:

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by WIBoomer1 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:01 pm

brentnall, welcome to the party!
brentnall_KR wrote:Hi Guys,

This is my first post, so go easy on me.

Im 21 Years of age and im from the UK.. To be honest, as a fan of all the shows & movies (apart from the movie that was nothing to do with the usual story lines) this is the first I have heard of a motion picture to be produced.
brentnall, please note that there is no Knight Rider movie currently in production. This thread and others like it discuss what we as fans would like to see in a KR movie. There has been many rumors/false starts to a motion picture, but as of this date, no actual production has begun on a KR movie. So please don't hold your breath thinking that there will be a new movie coming out in the next year or so. It simply takes a long time from when a movie is "greenlit" to when it is actually completed and ready to be shown to the public. My guess is that if a KR movie was greenlit today, 1/7/11, that the earliest we would see it would be Winter 2012, more like Summer Fall 2013. Do a Wiki/Google search for some of the larger films that have come out over the last fer years, and you can see it's not a quick process.
brentnall_KR wrote:From reading the above, I can see all different points being made and know exactly what everybody is on about. - The only thing that I have a problem with is.. Its ok saying that the movie needs/would like to be based around the first ever pilot (as if KR never existed, and this movie would be the first we had ever heard of KITT or M.Knight).. But what we have got to take into consideration is that its almost 30years since the first original series hit the screens & also "the car of tomorrow's" technology needs to be mass-updated. Bare with me - relating to Ian Flemings James Bond - Die Another Day, the Aston Martin Vanquish(British) that was used had up-to-date technology, but still not available to vehicles today. ie, camaflouge/invisibility. Although its not available to todays cars or anybody for that matter, it is still beleivable just like in the original series KR. - As much as I enjoyed the new series of KR Series 1 (wished they'd make a series 2), having a car that is basically the fastest in the world to be shown as a Shelby Mustang was insane. I mean, it weighs over 1.75tonne, no sporty looks at all, no sleekness, it didnt merge into todays view of cars.. Saying this though, I wouldnt want to see a Corvette or a Nissan Skyline acting as a supercar either. Keep the tradition, introduce the newer version of a Pontiac into the film.

The story plot does not bother me at all, because i know deep thought will be taking into mass consideration into making this one hell of a big hit. The car needs to stand out though, it needs to have street credit, it needs characteristic, it needs to be realistic, its a must. Nissan GTR? And for goodness sake, not a Prius..
I understand what you are trying to say, have a car that exemplifies the quailities and looks of a Pontiac to be KITT. To go back to the original KR mission, you need to remember that there was no car on the road that was as aerodynamic as the 82 Pontiac Trans Am. This was one of the first cars to be designed from the get go to use the air to help with mileage efficiency, as well as the overall look of the car. Before that, there was a ton of boxy vehicles out there. It only made sense that the car of the future be a TA. Fastforward 30 years, and there's a ton of cars that have the aero look. Today's sportscars do not all share that same look, as the retro look came back into style a few years back. That's why it's so hard for any one current production car to be nailed down as KITT.
brentnall_KR wrote:The new series of KR - KITT was invaded with CGI, scrap the self repairable ex-o-skeleton shell, go old school, replace it back to the old molecular bonded shell metal compound. At least that is in existance - but then again, it needs to be something new? Maybe combining the two car protection systems together maybe more new generation? The car takes damage to the visual eye, but actually its the shell that computerises damage, not phsical? Once damage occurs, camaflouge can not be used etc etc. I know there are loads of ideas out there, but from a boys perspective that grew up watchin all the shows continuously, ideas are always noted onto how to make it better. Needs to have a good dash, maybe again old skool like this.. :dash4: ? The saying "what is this looks like Darth Vaders bathroom" is a classical phrase, so that has got to be used?

Chers, Ash
Who know really how the indestructibility of KITT will be explained. It needs to meet the requirement that it will be exotic by today's standards. The same with the dashboard. It needs to be like nothing ever seen in a car before...and that's hard with the development of GPS navigation and other modern tech built into most of today's new cars. That was a big deal in the 80's...who had a TV or electronics in the dashboard? And we take mobile internet as common too, so the level of technology needs to be above what it out there. James Bondish, why not? The goal is that KITT is the tool that Michael Knight uses to fight crime that operates above the law. KITT needs to be outfitted to achive that goal. KITT needs to be able to erase existence of people in digital media, to manipulate and simulate networks to shield Michael's existance and missions. We'd only get to glimpse some of these systems at work in the first movie, because what reason would there be for a sequel?

As a fan, I'm just hoping the movie eventually gets made. As a movie fan, I want a film that entertains a wide audience so that there's more want for a sequel, and series of films. KR is really more suited to a Television scale, since there's more stories to tell then just what 2 hours could do...but I don't think we'll get that any time soon.

One fan can make a difference...be that fan! Take Care, Boomer!

brentnall_KR
Stranger

Post by brentnall_KR » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:34 am

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

I just hope that eventually this all gets the go-ahead. I'd rather wait another five years and some really deep thought gone into absolutely every bit of story line than it be a-shamble of a movie like A-Team. (Dukes of Hazzard only just got my vote (Jessica Simpson hehe) ) I was speaking to a very good friend of mine that works for Toyota. He says that he has seen blueprints and heard about technologies that are going to be implemented into cars over the next 15years. I beleive in Japan, prototypes of all these new weird and wonderful peices of technology have been implemented into vehicles. If that sort of technology has already been thought of and is ready to be used in cars of today, who knows whats to be expected :)
Who thought of the car detail in the 80's shows?

iKITT
Recruit

Post by iKITT » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:36 pm

Nicholas Knight wrote:Brentnall, Welcome to kr online. You have a lot of valuable points, my friend. In my opinion only ONE car should be KITT in this movie. In the beginning, KITT was a 1982 Trans Am. The first with the newer design. This awesome car made the Firebird/TA well known. Sadly the Trans Am/Firebird is not made anymore. But it lasted until 2002, 20 years later. It only makes sense to me that the new KITT be the 2002 Trans Am. The unique style is current, and with some changes (Nose, digital gauges, blackened taillights, etc.) it would definately have homage to the original!!!! It doesnt matter that Pontiac is outta business. I see Pontiacs everyday, so its a common vehicle. KITT was known as the "Black T-Top" anyways, not as a Pontiac in the series. When KITT was hit by Goliath, Micheal didnt pull out the Pontiac Manual, he pulled out the Knight Industries Manual. So maybe in their reality, there was no Firebirds/TA's, only Camaros, as seen in an episode.
They may be a dime a dozen, but Firebirds/Trans Ams are hardly unlimited. How many owners with pristine cars or even very decently upkept cars are going to lend it to a movie production only to have it destroyed doing jumps or something? They would certainly have stunt cars in some shape or form and for that I suppose they could raid junkyards and build bare-bones models like in the original series for stunts (and that couldn't be relied upon a hundred percent much less dealerships) but there's still the part where they'd need to rip out the interior and modify it and the exterior to some extent. I don't see many being gung-ho about that kinda thing unless the car needs a fair amount of work or it didn't damage anything in the process. But maybe that's just me. And if they were willing to lend the car out and they let it get destroyed in an action sequence such as turbo boost or what have you...that's one less Trans Am left from the final run.

Sybaris
Volunteer

Post by Sybaris » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:22 am

The biggest mistake on a new KR movie would be getting GST to make it