That Crazy Doomsday Weapon

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

That Crazy Doomsday Weapon

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:10 am

I happen to have caught the rediculously cheesy Suburban Commando (with Hulk Hogan and Christopher Lloyd) on HBO one night and I noticed a recognizable part of Shep Ramsey's ship console - none other than the doomsday weapon from V: The Final Battle (and the PKE meter from Ghostbusters shows up in the movie as well).

Turns out not only has this famous console appeared in made for tv mini series and low budget movies but yes, even in two episodes of Knight Rider! I thought it was interesting to document the chronological changes of this device from 1984 to 1991. I'm sure it's probably popped up in other things as well.

Here it is in Junk Yard Dog and Sky Knight.

Always fun tracking where props turn up from our favorite show! I mean we know about the computers in the semi showing up in Star Trek and the season 4 electronics in Seaquest, so here's another one to add to the collection.

Also I am pretty sure this also appeared in Knight Rider inside the semi, but I can't seem to recall which episode(s) it was in!

Just thought I'd share that little find with the fans out there.

=VK=
:dash:

hoffman95
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: That Crazy Doomsday Weapon

Post by hoffman95 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:46 am

I am a big V fan so I recognised the console straight away.I love it how props are reused all the time.In fact In was reading the UK newspaper The Sun and there was an article about a newspaper prop that has been used for FIFTY years take a look http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... years.html
:kittconv:

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:42 am

Victor, good job. 8)

I really like to see the spaceship V: The Final Battle and Suburban Commando with fantastic actor Hulk Hogan, because he is big and strong...but the movie Suburban Commando in 1991 is very good and it's comedy. :P

Here's the videos V: The Final Battle and Suburban Commando:

V - the final battle - last chapter 40 :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiUBWfz7niY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Suburban Commando (1991): Film Clip - "What game?" :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VPM9Ul5ZSM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:good:
Alex

jyd85
Operative

Post by jyd85 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:54 pm

Also I am pretty sure this also appeared in Knight Rider inside the semi, but I can't seem to recall which episode(s) it was in!
Wasn't it part of the gizmo Bonnie uses in Many Happy Returns, to tap into the hovercraft's frequency? I think you can also see it briefly in The Wrong Crowd.
If you'd be so kind as to put me down.

Down?

My dear, I'm a car. Not a plane.

tebeleza
Stranger

Post by tebeleza » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:42 am

Why do people believe this doomsday 2012 crap? I understand why people believe in certain religions that make them feel good or comfortable. But why in whomever's name do so many people believe in all these doomsday prophecies?
keyword research ~ keyword tool ~ keyword tracking ~ affiliate elite

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:52 am

tebeleza wrote:Why do people believe this doomsday 2012 crap? I understand why people believe in certain religions that make them feel good or comfortable. But why in whomever's name do so many people believe in all these doomsday prophecies?
I'm one who doesn't believe in it but still some big scary disasters have happened lately, the huge oil spill, earthquakes, tsunamis and the latest which really became close to the description of a doomsday device called Fukushima Daiichi so I don't know what to think...

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:22 pm

Heh, Suburban Commando... Come on, you got at least a slight chuckle out of pre-promo speaking Undertaker, speaking and having a little kid like voice. Or how about Lloyd's yelling "I WAS FROZEN TODAY!" I still say that from time to time..

tebeleza wrote:Why do people believe this doomsday 2012 crap? I understand why people believe in certain religions that make them feel good or comfortable. But why in whomever's name do so many people believe in all these doomsday prophecies?

Ummm... Who was talking about the 2012 crap? O_o You joined specifically to post something that was completely irrelevant to the topic.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:12 am

I reckon that post is canned spam brought about by a google search. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:19 am

Matthew wrote:I reckon that post is canned spam brought about by a google search. :good:

Matt
Yes Matt.

I also think I hate spam. :?

:good:
Alex

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Wed May 25, 2011 5:34 pm

tunitha wrote:Why is everyone so hyped up about 2012 doomsday? I mean, who came up with this doomsday stuff. The Mayan Calender just ends at December 21st, 2012, they never said anything about a doomsday, did they?
Loool they show something on TV last night about that and they ask a Maya about 2012 world end and he says: "Get away with this...who ever starts with this crap needs a doctor" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Wed May 25, 2011 8:20 pm

By the looks of things, that post is more canned spam brought about by a google search. Still, this is as good of a place as any to talk about the absurdity of certain doomsday theories. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?