Gaffs and Goofs

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Gaffs and Goofs

Post by simon_a6 » Fri May 07, 2010 2:38 pm

KnightHawke24 wrote:Sure...I just figured out a way to do some screen shots.

Here are the ones you are probably asking about, from just after the chase in Knight of the Drones:

(Now that I know what I'm doing, I'll try to post the others as well)
Sorry - you said his nose is missing during that chase.
I can see it in those pictures.

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit

Post by simon_a6 » Wed May 12, 2010 6:24 pm

NEW KNIGHT OF THE PHEONIX ERROR
When Michael enters KITT into the demolishon derby. They arrive for the first time with the girl and son in the car.

Michael's arms are inside the car, and he looks around. Next they look back at him and still as before. Next scene is her talking to him, camera angle from her side and his left arm is on the door.

He looks outside again, and his arm is inside, and look back to her, and his arm is on the door again!

Bit of a continuouty error I think!

AND ANOTHER NEWBIE
After Michael leaves Comtron in the cops outfit, KITT starts up to surprise the copper pointing a gun at him. Pause it frame by frame and you see that the driver is not behind the seat. I'd swear it has put a beige blanket over himself with eye holes, and waht looks like a white teeth to look 'face like'. It's a split second you'd never have notice on TV or in a VCR.

peterp&j
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by peterp&j » Sun May 16, 2010 2:39 pm

this is a scene from kotp during the derby when micheal says to kitt that he needs to knock out about 4 feet he says "i'm going to put you on to pursuit you figure out the rest" kitt is in normal
then he presses the auto button instead of pursuit
strange they didnt correct it later
here's the scene with the ghost in the front seat
this is a scene from white bird when kitt comes to the rescue after steve is shot he turns and opens his door you can see a hand let go of the door
michael;i've got a problem.
devon;my dear boy,dont be so modest,you have a wide range of problems.

peterp&j
Operative

Post by peterp&j » Sun May 16, 2010 2:54 pm

heres a couple of stills from topaz the first is when micheal falls on kitt after failing to stop the plane as we know the seats in kitt are fabric but the seats here are vynil and shiny clearly a stunt car if you look you can see the mock curve dash sitting on top of the stock dash this was done often in the early seasons
this still is from the turbo(my all time fav)over the ravine if you look just off kitts wheel you can spot all the crew trailers in the distance

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sun May 16, 2010 5:37 pm

peterp&j wrote:this is a scene from kotp during the derby when micheal says to kitt that he needs to knock out about 4 feet he says "i'm going to put you on to pursuit you figure out the rest" kitt is in normal
then he presses the auto button instead of pursuit
strange they didnt correct it later
Hi Peter,

In that particular scene, Michael actually says that he's going to put KITT on Auto Pursuit, thus explaining why he hits the Auto button rather than the Pursuit button. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

peterp&j
Operative

Post by peterp&j » Sun May 16, 2010 5:50 pm

thanks matt i stand corrected i watched the scene over and over yep indeed he says auto pursuit ive lost count how many times ive watched the pilot just goes to show cheers :good:

peterp&j
Operative

Post by peterp&j » Sun May 16, 2010 5:57 pm

Crumbling Down wrote:dont remember which episode it was but in one episode mk gets out of kitt and goes to shut the door. You see a hand pop out from the back seat and reach towards the door almost like he was trying to keep the door from slamming. there was someone laying in the back seat. Also in Knight of a Thousand Devils when michael gets knocked out and thrown into the pit you can see a hand reach out of the pit to help support him when he is falling. In that same scene when RC3 rides up on his dirtbike the rider is clearly white skinned. When it cuts to the scene where he is getting off the bike his skin color changes to black.
here is the scene its from speed demons

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Mon May 17, 2010 1:08 pm

Not really a gaff or good but proof of integrity. I watched Halloween Knights the other day. I recorded the strange message that is played when the pumpkins face is in the mirror which kitt later determines to just be a recording played backwords. I recorded it on my pc with sound recorder and reversed. The message does indeed say 36 fairview road when played backward. I have it saved on my pc if anyone wants to hear it.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

spooky
Recruit

Post by spooky » Mon May 17, 2010 2:13 pm

this is such a great and funny thread! i'm glad i'm not the only one who picks up on all this stuff. :mrgreen:

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit

Post by simon_a6 » Mon May 17, 2010 3:43 pm

Crumbling Down wrote:Not really a gaff or good but proof of integrity. I watched Halloween Knights the other day. I recorded the strange message that is played when the pumpkins face is in the mirror which kitt later determines to just be a recording played backwords. I recorded it on my pc with sound recorder and reversed. The message does indeed say 36 fairview road when played backward. I have it saved on my pc if anyone wants to hear it.
Yeah - can it be uploaded to here?

---
peterp&j wrote:
Crumbling Down wrote:dont remember which episode it was but in one episode mk gets out of kitt and goes to shut the door. You see a hand pop out from the back seat and reach towards the door almost like he was trying to keep the door from slamming. there was someone laying in the back seat. Also in Knight of a Thousand Devils when michael gets knocked out and thrown into the pit you can see a hand reach out of the pit to help support him when he is falling. In that same scene when RC3 rides up on his dirtbike the rider is clearly white skinned. When it cuts to the scene where he is getting off the bike his skin color changes to black.
here is the scene its from speed demons
I am watching that as we speak, and even when not on slo-mo, you can see the hand so clearly.
Why the heck is it in there?

It's damn spooky too.

---

This isn't really a gaff, BUT - the bit at the end of Speed Demons when Devon's on the bike.

His motorcycle helmet was used elsewhere in the same series..... Slammin Sammy's. Michael wore it when he was standing on KITT during their show, when KITT has the stars on him.

---
knightbas. wrote:Also in this sequence from No Big thing, there is a shot from the rear of KITT, and through the back window you can clearly see the stock dash in the stunt car.
Sorry what sequence...?

---
Victor Kros wrote:
The funny thing about this reference in the script is that if John repainted K.A.R.R. with the silver to help alter his appearance, how would he do that and still have the protection of the Molecular Bonded Shell? Clearly if he just painted silver over the top of the MBS black, the paint would have chipped and scrapped off during K.A.R.R.s battle with K.I.T.T. yet the paint magically remains unscathed even after crashing through a concrete support pillar.

I find that a blooper in itself unless we are to believe that somehow Bonnie was able to reapply the MBS over the new paint scheme? If so that would imply that either Bonnie or K.A.R.R. know the formula for the MBS which would be unlikely if it was established in Goliath that only 3 people knew the three parts to the formula and no one person had the complete recipe.

Even when Bonnie repairs K.I.T.T. in Knight of the Juggernaut, she is not able to reapply the MBS until after they've returned to the Foundation facilities.
thetruckdriver wrote:ok, how about the one where MK has to grow a tiny beard and moustache in order to look like Garth - but he manages to do it in 1/2 a day! Then, once he get's rumbled, MK manages to get a shave in the middle of the set - but we don't see it!!
It was probably meant to be a stick-on one. Just so happened that it was identical to Garth's. Along with the slight change in hairstyle.
Makes you think doesn't it? I guess it's one of those things you just overlook for the coolness factor. I really like how they altered K.A.R.R. in the episode and it was brilliance on the part of producer Ron Martinez who modeled K.A.R.R.'s two-toned look from the paint styling of a corvette.

=VK=
:dash:
I beg to differ actually.
Remember in Junkyard dog? He still has his 'shell', they apply an undercoat, then spray the black paint on.

And that's him complete. However, in the Pilot, when Devon smacks the hammer on the bonnet, not a sign of it.

So is the PAINT the shell with MBS or is the shell the MBS?

There's a quandry.............

---
thetruckdriver wrote:ok, how about the one where MK has to grow a tiny beard and moustache in order to look like Garth - but he manages to do it in 1/2 a day! Then, once he get's rumbled, MK manages to get a shave in the middle of the set - but we don't see it!!
It was probably meant to be a stick-on one. Just so happened that it was identical to Garth's. Along with the slight change in hairstyle.
Last edited by Matthew on Mon May 17, 2010 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To merge six consecutive posts. Please either reply to all the posts that you choose to at the same time, or use the edit feature on your first post, which is available for 15 minutes. Many thanks.

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Tue May 18, 2010 12:26 pm

i am not sure how to upload it here. I could email to someone who knows how to upload it.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

Kitt_24
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kitt_24 » Wed May 26, 2010 5:55 am

Here's a scene in the episode blind spot kitt as a dent in the rear quarter panel.

peterp&j
Operative

Post by peterp&j » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:34 am

i just watched "out of the woods" check out the first scene between micheal and jerry nash at the lumber yard when nash is being asked about the wood tickets theres a camera over mk shoulder and one over nashes when mk is talking to nash its pouring with rain but when nash is talking to mk its dry this goes on for the whole scene with nashes shoulders getting wetter and wetter but mk is bone dry no point in posting stills better of watching again funny after nearlly 30 years of watching these episodes there is always something you never noticed(also watch closely when nash points to the wall and mk turns his jacket is zipped up but the rest of the scene the jacket is open) :)

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit

Post by simon_a6 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:34 am

Are you sure about that?
I've just watched it and didn't see a camera.
Also with the rain, Nash's jacket is likely to be more wet as he has been outside; MK has been in the car.
You do see the rain falling a bit, and when MK has his left arm up, holding his hip, you see some rain fall on his arm.

Difficult to see the zip on his jacket from the back angle, but I'd say it was open.

Nice jacket tho. I have a MK > < style jacket now myself. Replica!

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:05 pm

"I beg to differ actually.
Remember in Junkyard dog? He still has his 'shell', they apply an undercoat, then spray the black paint on.

And that's him complete. However, in the Pilot, when Devon smacks the hammer on the bonnet, not a sign of it.

So is the PAINT the shell with MBS or is the shell the MBS?"

I'm sorry I cannot quote this exactly since my S. 1 set is loaned out at the moment, but I seem to remember that when Michael first sees KITT, just before the hammer strike on the hood(bonnet), he says something to the effect of "Wow, those guys did a great job on the paints. There isn't a ripple in it. It's as smooth as a baby's skin..." And Devon says "It isn't paint. It's a molecular shell bonded to the metal alloy." So it would appear, at the time of the pilot, that the black color was part of the MBS. Based on the, VK is correct. The silver paint stripe shouldn't have been able to go on top of the MBS. But in Junkyard Dog, it does appear that the black is sprayed on as a paint. Of course, when they filmed these shows in 1982-86, they probably never imagined that we would one day possess DVD players and the entire seasons to watch over and over and come up with questions like this. :-D

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit

Post by simon_a6 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:43 am

At the time, there was VCRs. So I am unsure of your argument about they never thought we'd come up with this.
We recorded them all.

Did they say it was paint in JYD?
I know it appears to be paint. And I agree that it is a very loose argument about that, and I do kind of agree with you. But if you said to the producers that they were spraying paint, they'd say "the word paint isn't in the script".

But - if they then hammered the car with that "spray" on, I bet the "spray" would come off!

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:40 am

simon_a6 wrote:here is the scene its from speed demons
I am watching that as we speak, and even when not on slo-mo, you can see the hand so clearly.
Why the heck is it in there?

It's damn spooky too.
Michael's return to K.I.T.T. (when he runs back to the car chasing the biker) was filmed as part of the same camera set-up. The guy in the car would push the driver's door open for David, to give the illusion of K.I.T.T. opening the door himself. Strange they didn't use the same angle - maybe he was visible in that shot too.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit

Post by simon_a6 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:43 am

Fair enough, but why stick your hand out when he is getting 'out' of the car?

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:49 am

My guess would be to stop the door from actually closing - that way he could just give it a shove to open it up :)
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit

Post by simon_a6 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:54 am

Interesting thought, but it did close.
It's these sorts of things, that when you watch how they film shows, the director normally sees it happening on a small screen. Makes you wonder how he missed the hand.
That said - I never saw it in the first place! But now I know it's there, when I watch it back, it's a bit spooky.
I saw the other day a journey MK and KITT make to the Semi.
One scene around a corner you can see the round steering wheel, the next bit it's not round, and they pull into the semi.
MK wearing a grey suit jacket (Good Knights Works - with the talking bear).
Then he reverses out, and you see MK driving with a black leather jacket.
Continuity...!! Tho doubtless those entry/exit scenes were used at other times too, and obviously they weren't filming in the truck.

TurboBoostMan
Operative

Post by TurboBoostMan » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:51 pm

dont know if it was mentioned or not, but in Trust Doesnt Rust, towards the end when KARR Turbo Boosts over KITT and he crashes through the wall, he clearly didnt land on the ground. he landed on some sort of platform or someting.
"One Man Can Make A Difference" - Wilton Knight

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:44 pm

in lost knight when Kitt is following Doug, the passenger side seat sits up a lot higher than the drivers seat. It is out of place high up. I know they modified the drivers seat for someone to sit behind but the passenger seat was definitly up higher than it should be. As the camera changes, the passenger seat switches between a normal looking seat and one that is elevated off the floor way to high.

aussie muscle
Recruit

Post by aussie muscle » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:18 pm

youtube video of blooper reel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYB_iykyEK0