My 3rd KR GPS Mod

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

OldTech57
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: My 3rd KR GPS Mod

Post by OldTech57 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:51 pm

Hey taoworm2323....the GPS is back to original status. My authentication code for the unit was missing from the box(packaging) and with a bit of exploring of the Miomore program files I found a file containing two codes. I tried one of the codes and then did a restore(thank goodness I did a backup) and voila it is now alive...When I meant dead the unit would power on then do its Knight Rider thing, then it would ask what I want to do, then the screen would go blank then cycle again asking what do I want to do and so forth....I thought I made this unit a door stop...lol...thanks for your reply and for being here for help when need be. To be honest I think it is the best twenty bucks I ever paid for a new toy....tnx Bill

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:59 am

No problem Bill! Glad everything worked out! :good:
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

OKC KNIGHT
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:10 am

Ok I'm very confused lol ,I have the KR GPS,How do I get all these "mods" and 2009 map update ??
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

My contact Dmcman108@yahoo.com

knightrdrx
Stranger

Post by knightrdrx » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:46 pm

thanks for the work done! I can't wait to play around with mine. I can't believe these didn't sell better!

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:02 pm

hey Taoworm is this the Kitt voice box you use from jupitor electronics? http://www.jupiterstore.com/servlet/the ... box/Detail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; As soon as I get the orb and install kitt to my pc I'm working on the gps part of the project. Give me heads up later on it. As the KR GPS is going to be hella cheap for me when it hits april 3rd. I got $20 bucks ebay bucks to spend when that day arives and the Knight Rider GPS is now $99 free shipping so awoot on that part Heh.

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:25 am

Hey Josh, Curious can i get the Knight Rider GPS mod it took me a long time to find one of theses GPS and if ind it great for use. Another question that you might know. Can i add more names into the Gps by editing what's on there I probably can add like 100's more names even that of the asian stature. So that's my plan to do that for all my friends to trip out on the gps by adding there names in so let me know if that's possible and as well as can i get the mod if possible as well thanks bro. Also are you ok bro as I haven't heard from you in ages.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:20 am

That's because I haven't been on in ages. :lol: (Just logged in)
I have been dealing with some medical difficulties after my car accident a while back. I am going into surgery the 19th.
Hit me up on my youtube e-mail and I will e-mail you my GPS mod, no problems bro. :good:

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:27 am

man still having side effects bro I understand your situation the pain. You may want to look into Kangen water bro that stuff got rid of my limp and pain i had on my left foot. for 2 years. and 3 weeks of drinking that water healed it :D. it may do wonders for you as well. I drink this as much as i can. basically it builds up your immune system and takes away all the bad acidic in your body so your body can naturally heal and bring sup your ph balance as much as either 8.5 or 9.0 witch is what your body once had when you where a baby. the higher the ph balance in your system the better your health. It can help toughs with diabetes shrink down cancer cells and even chronic pain bro. http://www.justkangen.com/about-kangen-water/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; here's one of 1000's testimonies http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTFfZg6HcE4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Hawaii has a big source in this machine as in japan its biggest ting it even helps people save there leg from gan green in japan there's videos all over about that too. So yeah you may want to check on that bro. if you curious i can help you with the with witch machine to trust.

saintcar
Volunteer

Post by saintcar » Wed May 25, 2011 6:08 am

I have a KR GPS problem but first:

Cesium chloride is also a massive help for cancer sufferers and to help with the Ph balance. Blackthorntk you are so right about getting the Ph balance correct. Unfortunately as all the Doctors are trained in contemporary medicine very few know about what you are talking about. These are some great sites that if you can spare the time to read them tell you far more about it all here. It helped with my father in law who was given 6 months to live and is still with us 4 years later thanks to the cesium. He could not be treated with contemporary medicine due to other illnesses, so his Doctor was happy for him to try anything and monitored him. This stuff worked much to the surprise of his Doctor and indeed us. But thank goodness it did.

http://www.cancer-coverup.com/fighters/ ... cience.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

further details for the product:
http://www.essense-of-life.com/info/potassiumfoods.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyway back to KR GPs problems. Just got mine here in the UK from the USA. I have followed the leads and advice you guys have posted on this site, to make sure I purchase the correct Mio one. However, can someone post or pm me the links to the great upgrades you have created? Also is there any way to get the UK maps to work, even if they are the 2008 versions?
Many thanks

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Sun May 29, 2011 10:23 am

yeah; Diabetes is curable if type 2 but what they don't tell you the insoline shots causes a type two person to become type 1. If diabetic by over weight high ph balance and certain herbs that you have to order online due to fda shutting down all the natural cure guys left and right with threats and what have you. You can cure yourself. 85% of cancer is curable as well. Brain tumors can get reversed among many other things with the proper PH balance in your system and natural herbs. Even regaining your hair color back to normal is possible with young coconut oil with other things involved just look here. http://www.ehow.com/how_6619574_natural ... color.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . Who wants to get white hair I don't and has worked for me. Any how back to the GPS topic:
Saintcar I just replied to your P.M so check your inbox other then that Taoworm How have you been I've not heard from you in awhile hope things are going ok with your health bro.

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Sun May 29, 2011 10:26 am

yeah; Diabetes is curable if type 2 but what they don't tell you the insoline shots causes a type two person to become type 1. If diabetic by over weight high ph balance and certain herbs that you have to order online due to fda shutting down all the natural cure guys left and right with threats and what have you. You can cure yourself. 85% of cancer is curable as well. Brain tumors can get reversed among many other things with the proper PH balance in your system and natural herbs. Even regaining your hair color back to normal is possible with young coconut oil with other things involved just look here. http://www.ehow.com/how_6619574_natural ... color.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . Who wants to get white hair I don't and has worked for me. Any how back to the GPS topic:
Saintcar I just replied to your P.M so check your inbox other then that; Taoworm How have you been I've not heard from you in awhile hope things are going ok with your health bro. I also sent you the reply on youtube to get the GPS mods thanks again bro.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue May 31, 2011 3:20 am

My mods are out of date now bro but I will be working on a new KR GPS project that I will e-mail you about later today. Hit me up on my youtube e-mail bro.

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:28 am

Hey Taoworm I bene trying to help him out finding the files for the uk maps and I think he got it so far and is about to test it as the Knight rider Gps is totally missing the uk m and asia maps. But when saint car goes to try access them he gets this missing file error and I think he found the files. So hopefully he gets it to work soon.

saintcar
Volunteer

Post by saintcar » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:21 am

This KR GPS has been a total nightmare. On the recommendation of Mio Navman I have brought two sets of unlock keys and one complete new set of maps. The unlock keys did not work. Mio Desktop keeps on wanting to load files from the KR DVD in my E drive. I get these messages saying it “could not find”:
E:\TMC\UKF1808.TRF
E:\maps\UK99R080.MAP
E:\POIs\UK9AIC81.MAP

I created false files on the burn KR DVD, but that did not work

With the complete new map download the Mio Navman insist I buy (as that would solve the problem according to them) I managed to get the maps on to my unit but it would not read them I think because the map data is stuck in ISO files where as we now know there are only. Map files that work on the KR GPS

HELP anyone please!!!!

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:24 pm

if u have iso problems use winrar to extract all the files out of the iso.
then add your files then use another program to remake the iso.

jeffsbat
Stranger

Post by jeffsbat » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:10 am

I just bought a Knight Rider Mio Navman from Hong Kong it worked fine until I plugged it into my pc and and ran the Miodesktop program and now when I turn on the unit it says "Warning the product key is not valid please recover your product key via Miomore Desktop" I've tried that several times now no luck anyone out there can help me fix this problem?

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:15 am

Hey jeff get back on chat room and oh try pm Saintcar he has a post about the knight rider GPS and had some similar problems but any how I think he resolved the part about the product key.

Mr Mayor
Stranger

Post by Mr Mayor » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Newb trying very hard to locate the first 2 software mods for my MIO KR GPS.. Anyone have these files anywhere and how hard would it be to hack? Is it a matter of replacing existing files (I've done a bunch already on my own) or something else?

Not really interested in modding to a new version.. these would be fine...

Sorry to drudge up such an old post...

MM

jknightgr
Stranger

Post by jknightgr » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:55 am

I'm looking for the same files as Mr Mayor. i've send a PM and email to taoworm cause i remember that he did it, but no answer. please anyone that has these files or knows where to find them send us a PM or post it here.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:28 pm

I'm sorry, I no longer have the files I made. :(

jknightgr
Stranger

Post by jknightgr » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:11 pm

can you tells what you did? what file you changed and which program you used?

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:11 pm

I didn't use a program. I hand wrote the files myself.

jknightgr
Stranger

Post by jknightgr » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:18 am

the only files I changed are the greeting files. the rest (turn left, right, etc.) I can't. I only want to changed the pitch of the voice. is that possible?

grknight
Stranger

Post by grknight » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:39 pm

Hi everyone. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. I picked up a used KR GPS in the U.S. and now that I got to Canada it does not have the Canada maps portion installed although the seller said that it did. Under the maps directory I have the following:

US95R083.map 4,212 kb
US96R083.map 255,978 kb
US97R083.map 267,945 kb
US98R083.map 70,905 kb
US99R083.map 90,948 kb

Can someone please send me the CA99R082.map 45,576 kb file so that I can get this unit working.

Fingers crossed someone will take the time to help me out with this.

Thanks,
George.
:kitt: :karr:

Sean1242
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Sean1242 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:19 pm

Hello I recently got a hold of Knight Rider GPS By Mio And like it
Very much only I cant seem to get the unit to talk
While giving driving directions I have gone thru
All the instuctions called for tech support reset it with
Tech support and still nothing so my question is
Does anyone on the forum have any experience with this
Problem and no anyone how could possably fix it please let me know ?????????

Thanks
Sean :kitt2: