So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FordFilly82
Operative

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by FordFilly82 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:08 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
Knight007 wrote:Dont take this in a nigative way, but whats your point?? what are you trying to say???
Yes, we all know KR08 is over and YES no glen film in the near future. now what??? should we all just close this site and go home? should we all stop coming here and never talk about KR unless we have some comfirmation about a new project??? clear that for me please Image :kitt:
Not at all I'm just saying that there is nothing new on the horizon to look forward too except maybe just maybe fan films and online series.
And is that such a bad thing?
So there''s no new eps or movies, big deal. I didn't join this board solely b/c of KR08. Yeah it was the spring board, but I was also interested in learning more about the Original Series. BOTH series have their flaws, but that doesnt make them any less fun to watch. And fan films/online series can actually be pretty cool. I found one for Star Trek that the TOS actors have if not full on approved at least nodded at the effort.
So If it's done well, even a fan-based KR series online would be something to look forward to.....
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

k.i.t.t2k
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by k.i.t.t2k » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:18 pm

i don't see what the big deal is ... I'm sure that most people ain't here because of the new kr, team knight rider KR2000 its because we all love the whole thing ... we have gone years with "nothing to look forward to" yet this site is still thriving . as a newbie on here all i seem to see are negative posts from you punk and it seems to me you just want to rub people up the wrong way and i don't see why ? Why are you here ? is it because you love Knight rider or is to see how many people you can wind up . I don't care what i need to look forward to because i can always look back as I'm guessing most people on here do to .

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:19 pm

FordFilly82 wrote:And is that such a bad thing?
:? :?: :? Now why do I get this nagging feeling we are having communication problems...
I do not understand the context of the question. But if you mean not having anything to look forward too being a bad thing. Well yes is a bad thing. Now if you meant a fan film or online series being a bad thing I never meant anything even remotely like that as that would be something great too look forward too but is all a big Maybe now...
FordFilly82 wrote:So there''s no new eps or movies, big deal. I didn't join this board solely b/c of KR08. Yeah it was the spring board, but I was also interested in learning more about the Original Series. BOTH series have their flaws, but that doesnt make them any less fun to watch. And fan films/online series can actually be pretty cool. I found one for Star Trek that the TOS actors have if not full on approved at least nodded at the effort.
So If it's done well, even a fan-based KR series online would be something to look forward to.....
Again I never made any statements that read that either of those things would be a bad thing or something not to look forward too but that it is a maybe for the time being...

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:41 pm

PunkMaister:
I don't think its necessarily in what you have typed but the way the words you have chosen have come across.
It can be very frustrating to type how you feel since there is a lack of facial expressions and such, which we use to help us decide what one means.
For me, I get the feeling from your posts that you have a lot of negative feelings about the franchise right now. I can say that I do too. But that's me.
The tone I am getting from your posts I feel is coming across as pessimistic. And that could be where the problem lies.
You are not pessimistic about KR in general just in the lack of new material produced? If so, I share that frustration.
However there are lulls in in most fandoms, look how much time there was between the recent Star Trek films.

I think the communication error may be in that members here (including me) are getting the feeling that you are not happy with the KR franchise as a whole, and having a general "what's the use?" kind of attitude towards the entire fandom.
Please correct me if I am wrong......I wish to understand.......
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.

Petition #2507

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:51 pm

FordFilly82 wrote:PunkMaister:
I don't think its necessarily in what you have typed but the way the words you have chosen have come across.
It can be very frustrating to type how you feel since there is a lack of facial expressions and such, which we use to help us decide what one means.
For me, I get the feeling from your posts that you have a lot of negative feelings about the franchise right now. I can say that I do too. But that's me.
The tone I am getting from your posts I feel is coming across as pessimistic. And that could be where the problem lies.
You are not pessimistic about KR in general just in the lack of new material produced? If so, I share that frustration.
However there are lulls in in most fandoms, look how much time there was between the recent Star Trek films.

I think the communication error may be in that members here (including me) are getting the feeling that you are not happy with the KR franchise as a whole, and having a general "what's the use?" kind of attitude towards the entire fandom.

I agree and tv sucks today

I want to unstand you pain as well
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:05 pm

I'm pessimistic. I find it very hard to be upbeat when there is nothing fresh to look forward too...
FordFilly82 wrote:You are not pessimistic about KR in general just in the lack of new material produced? If so, I share that frustration.
Give the man a Cigar!
FordFilly82 wrote:However there are lulls in in most fandoms, look how much time there was between the recent Star Trek films.
Actually there was an animated TV show of Trek followed by a few novels up 'till the time Trek the motion picture came along and even between the TV shows comic books and novels have been forthcoming in Trek so is not like they ever ran out of any kind of fresh material.
FordFilly82 wrote:I think the communication error may be in that members here (including me) are getting the feeling that you are not happy with the KR franchise as a whole, and having a general "what's the use?" kind of attitude towards the entire fandom.
Let me surmise it for you. I love the franchise and I don't want it to stagnate. The only way for that to happen is for new material to emerge be it in novels, comic books, fan movies or online series etc. you name it. Because just going down memory lane for this franchise will never cut it for me as it won;t for similar Scifi franchises. Now there other franchises that had very specific sets of characters and could only go on for so long such as Charmed for example but that is not the case for K.R not too mention that Charmed had a pretty terrific run and a really great ending. We did not get either in KR08 so I feel cheated to the 10th power. Add to that that there is no Novels, comics books and well you get the picture (Well I hope you all do)
To me shows like Knight Rider, Stargate,The 4400, Dr Who,Primeval etc are a escape valve! They are shows in which I can sit for an hour and inmerse myself in fantastic words of good vs evil be it Aliens, monsters or thugs. To have TV characters that one can look up too whether is Michael Knight or Jack O'Neal saving the day so one can say Wow I want to be like that, I want to be able to aply that kind of courage in whatever small way to my everyday life. That's what K.R and similar shows represent for me...
Hope that helps!

probe2006
Volunteer

Post by probe2006 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:58 pm

i heard theres an alleged rumor going around that kr will be back in 2010 on syfy so there is your answer to your question. we have an answer to wether or not that rumor is real or just a rumor to look forward to.

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:14 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
I'm pessimistic. I find it very hard to be upbeat when there is nothing fresh to look forward too...
Well, at least we have it on record now! LOL
PunkMaister wrote:
FordFilly82 wrote:You are not pessimistic about KR in general just in the lack of new material produced? If so, I share that frustration.
Give the man a Cigar!
Actually I'm a girl, hence the "filly" in my name, LOL :P
PunkMaister wrote:
FordFilly82 wrote:However there are lulls in in most fandoms, look how much time there was between the recent Star Trek films.
Actually there was an animated TV show of Trek followed by a few novels up 'till the time Trek the motion picture came along and even between the TV shows comic books and novels have been forthcoming in Trek so is not like they ever ran out of any kind of fresh material.
Ah, yeah, that's true. I forget about the animated Series! LOL
FordFilly82 wrote:I think the communication error may be in that members here (including me) are getting the feeling that you are not happy with the KR franchise as a whole, and having a general "what's the use?" kind of attitude towards the entire fandom.
PunkMaister wrote:Let me surmise it for you. I love the franchise and I don't want it to stagnate. The only way for that to happen is for new material to emerge be it in novels, comic books, fan movies or online series etc. you name it. Because just going down memory lane for this franchise will never cut it for me as it won;t for similar Scifi franchises. Now there other franchises that had very specific sets of characters and could only go on for so long such as Charmed for example but that is not the case for K.R not too mention that Charmed had a pretty terrific run and a really great ending. We did not get either in KR08 so I feel cheated to the 10th power. Add to that that there is no Novels, comics books and well you get the picture (Well I hope you all do)
To me shows like Knight Rider, Stargate,The 4400, Dr Who,Primeval etc are a escape valve! They are shows in which I can sit for an hour and inmerse myself in fantastic words of good vs evil be it Aliens, monsters or thugs. To have TV characters that one can look up too whether is Michael Knight or Jack O'Neal saving the day so one can say Wow I want to be like that, I want to be able to aply that kind of courage in whatever small way to my everyday life. That's what K.R and similar shows represent for me...
Hope that helps!
I agree! I felt/feel SOOO cheated! BUT, I am also content, for the most part, with what there is. Yeah it sucks that there are no novels, comics, or other material like there is for other franchises ( Buffy, Star Trek, etc...) but I will take my escape any way I can! LOL
It was nice for that short time during KR08 to escape into that world where good fought evil and always won! LOL
And yeah I agree the franchise can feel "stagnate" as you say, I have spells of that with Angel and Buffy, (but that's b/c I dont count the pre-Joss comics which for another forum ;) )so you're not alone in your frustrations. Hey that's what fan fic for! :P This from one who is VERY picky about what fan fic I read HA!
Anyway, I feel better about you have said...and are trying to say. :good:
:kittspin:

Petition #2507

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:27 am

probe2006 wrote:i heard theres an alleged rumor going around that kr will be back in 2010 on syfy so there is your answer to your question. we have an answer to wether or not that rumor is real or just a rumor to look forward to.
But how because if it's just as syndicated rerun TV show is worthless...

probe2006
Volunteer

Post by probe2006 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:18 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
probe2006 wrote:i heard theres an alleged rumor going around that kr will be back in 2010 on syfy so there is your answer to your question. we have an answer to wether or not that rumor is real or just a rumor to look forward to.
But how because if it's just as syndicated rerun TV show is worthless...
it didnt say any thing about reruns and stop being sutch a negive jerk!!!! Think positive as far as i know (and i could be wrong) i havent herd any thing about the cast being released and if im wrong or havent been informed pleas corect me(i dont wanna hear a word from u punkmaister)i want a legit answer and i dont want some sarcastic negative answer or attitude.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:41 pm

probe2006 wrote: ...stop being sutch a negive jerk!!!!...i dont wanna hear a word from u punkmaister... i dont want some sarcastic negative answer or attitude.
If you don't want people to reply with a negative attitude, then don't post with a bad attitude. Please.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com