iKITT iPhone app in App Store

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Thaurin
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

iKITT iPhone app in App Store

Post by Thaurin » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:46 am

Hi,

I'll try to make this sound as little as a promotional message as I can. I just wanted to let Knight Rider fans that own an iPhone or iPod know and see if they might like my app iKITT that has approved in the App Store a few days ago. If this is not allowed, I'll remove this post immediately.

The app features a KITT sound board with 24 of KITT's lines and the LED equalizer in real-time. It also has a speed-o-meter that gets the current speed from the GPS chip in landscape mode that looks like the KITT dashboard.

I'd really love to hear what any of you think and how I could make it better.

iKITT, free

AZKNIGHT
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: iKITT iPhone app in App Store

Post by AZKNIGHT » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:00 pm

I love it! I just came across it last night when browsing through the App Store. Great job! By far one of the best KR apps yet!
Long live Knight Rider! Check out my conversion in progress at [url]http://www.azknightindustries.com[/url].

Thaurin
Recruit

Post by Thaurin » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:57 pm

Yeah, maybe it will be helpful to those without the money or will-power to build their own replica. ;) There's also Phone Rider if you had not seen that one before. This guy beat me to the App Store, I'm afraid, but uses the mic as input for the voicebox and not KITT samples. I'm going to have to add that in an update. I have lots of ideas I'd love to add, really.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:56 am

I love the screen shots. up to this moment Iphone is not legaly available here. I have to wait for another 2 months till I can by my own and apply this application to it. Image :kitt:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:29 am

I feel like I'm the only one on the board with a G1 phone by google.I bought a soundboard making program on the marketplace.If I could upload the sesults of my work to a program online I would.This is what I came up with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfsiIAiDvpY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also have a few alarm systems for the G1 where if you move the phone it can sense it with the inner machanisms and ring as a bart simpson or knight rider theme song.There's another alarm where you see kitt's voicebox as a picture and you here the phraze"Michael,is that you?" with turbo boosting sound in the background.That 1 I have on my phone its called Siren.

I do hope someone makes a kr visualization app for Android one of these days.To me the I phone is like Karr silver backside black front.The g1 is the second car made in all black lol.

Thaurin
Recruit

Post by Thaurin » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:49 am

Hey, I could try porting iKITT to the G1 one day. :D I don't have one, but it might be fun to try. Although I don't know if you have to pay to be able to put apps in the Marketplace like you have to pay Apple to put your apps in the App Store.

My black 8GB iPhone is like KARR? COOL!! ;)

bbgraphix023
Stranger

Post by bbgraphix023 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:08 am

I JUST DOWNLOADED IT... & I LOVE IT... YOU SHOULD DO A KARR VRSION AS WELL... & IF ITS NOT FOR FREE... I WOULD PAY FOR IT!!! MY ONLY SUGGESTION IS TO USE THE KNIGHT RIDER FONT FOR iKITT ON THE DISPLAY... OTHER THAN THAT... I HOPE YOU DO MORE...

Thaurin
Recruit

Post by Thaurin » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:18 pm

Yes, I really want to add KARR in the next version. I will have to find lots of good quality samples by KARR, though, because it'd be silly if KARR would say KITT stuff! This means watching those two episodes carefully again. :)

The logo actually was the Knight Rider font originally, but I didn't like the look of it in the app. I may try that again and Photoshop the hell out of it to see if I can get it any better. The font I used is much wider and fills up more of the screen. We'll see!

And if I'll ever put a price tag on it, I'll probably hand out as many promo codes as I can here so everyone that wants it (the fans) can just get it!

::Jon::
Recruit

Post by ::Jon:: » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:13 pm

That's pretty cool. This and the Phone Rider is enough to make me wanna go buy an iPhone.
Does it have the option of showing the speed in KPH?

Thaurin
Recruit

Post by Thaurin » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:22 pm

::Jon:: wrote:That's pretty cool. This and the Phone Rider is enough to make me wanna go buy an iPhone.
Does it have the option of showing the speed in KPH?
Yes, it does. You can just tap on "mph" and it will switch to km/h.

Pct1theory
Rookie

Post by Pct1theory » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:55 pm

this app is so cool. I just wish you have plans to do KI3T :good:

Thaurin
Recruit

Post by Thaurin » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:24 am

Pct1theory wrote:this app is so cool. I just wish you have plans to do KI3T :good:
There is only one true KITT. ;) In the next version I want to have at least KARR and text on the buttons, though!

Pct1theory
Rookie

Post by Pct1theory » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:25 am

Thaurin wrote:
Pct1theory wrote:this app is so cool. I just wish you have plans to do KI3T :good:
There is only one true KITT. ;) In the next version I want to have at least KARR and text on the buttons, though!
You are correct. One true Knight Industries Two Thousand & One true Knight Industries Three Thousand. :D

Thaurin
Recruit

Post by Thaurin » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:55 pm

Hi. What features have you never seen in any Knight Rider application in the App Store before that you really want to see in an app?

Knight2007
Volunteer

Post by Knight2007 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:52 pm

A turbo boost app would be pretty cool where either kitt turbo boosts into the screen complete with sound effects or something, or even a mini game where kitt can race karr or vise versa. The graphics wouldnt have to be intense but maybe something along those lines.
Kitt: What`s the matter, Michael?
Michael: What makes you think something's the matter?
Kitt: When music like this is on the radio, my steering wheel usually takes a beating.

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:13 pm

Hey, Knight2007, I know this has nothing to do with the current conversation, but what episode is your signature from?

Knight2007
Volunteer

Post by Knight2007 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:02 pm

Hi KITTANDBILLYLUVER, thats ok, it is from the epsiode Voo Doo Knight in Season 4. :kitt:
Kitt: What`s the matter, Michael?
Michael: What makes you think something's the matter?
Kitt: When music like this is on the radio, my steering wheel usually takes a beating.

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:11 am

Thanks Knight2007!

MKnight1984
Rookie

Post by MKnight1984 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:04 am

Man I am loving all of the new apps... I just bought an Itouch today and had it engraved "Knight Industries" along with my name lol... I hope this will work with that... On a seperate note does anyone know where I can get that "Knight Lite" app?? What does it do?? Thanks...

Thaurin
Recruit

Post by Thaurin » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:08 am

MKnight1984 wrote:Man I am loving all of the new apps... I just bought an Itouch today and had it engraved "Knight Industries" along with my name lol... I hope this will work with that...
It should work, except that the iPod Touch doesn't have GPS, so the speed-o-meter will not work properply. By the way, I added text on the buttons. Now it finally looks really authentic! I'll put up an update on the app store soon.

coondawg45
Volunteer

Post by coondawg45 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:05 pm

Thaurin,
Your app is amazing! I LOVE the speedometer setting! I have been using it nonstop the past couple of days. I noticed that you mentioned that one of your updates might consist of the use of the microphone. I have to say that if you are able to do that, the phone rider app will be ancient history on my phone. If you could get the app to mimic KITT's voice modulator through the mic, then this app will be the best thing to hit itunes, in my opinion. Also, are you going to include the original modulator that is one single red light? My wife absolutely loves that look (although I don't care much for it) but if you were able to come out with that, it sure would save a lot of nagging and complaining towards my end :D You're doing a great job and I'm looking forward to your future updates.

Thaurin
Recruit

Post by Thaurin » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:02 am

coondawk, I love reading that you like it! At least I did something right, then. ;) I've been working to fix some of the issues that slipped through, such as some meters staying on top if you double-tap the speed in speed-o-meter mode and an issue with a low memory warning that I fixed. I also wish the text on the buttons had been in the app at release, because it looks much cooler.

All the rest of the things you mention are indeed things I have on my list. Hopefully, they'll all end up in the app some day. Knowing that some people really care about having it really helps!

MKnight1984
Rookie

Post by MKnight1984 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:22 am

My iTouch should be here either tomorrow or Thursday and to be honest i'd download this before the other one... Just reading about the features has gotten me even more excited for it's arrival... Keep up the good work... I wouldn't even know how to begin to make an app so it's my hope that the fans will keep them coming...

MKnight1984
Rookie

Post by MKnight1984 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:03 pm

I would luv to collaborate on some Knight Rider Apps with somebody... I don't know how to make them but wold luv to fund an app i've been thinking about if anyone is interested... Thanks...

Thaurin
Recruit

Post by Thaurin » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:24 pm

If you have anything specific in mind, you should post your idea, or if you don't want to do it publicly, send a private message. Maybe your idea isn't that hard to make and we're finished really quickly. ;)