Knight Rider: The Fan Game

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

msKEN
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider: The Fan Game

Post by msKEN » Wed May 06, 2009 9:44 pm

Its coming.

Direct Link: http://www.theknightrider.com/images/teaser.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightprowl
Operative

Re: Knight Rider: The Fan Game

Post by knightprowl » Wed May 06, 2009 11:14 pm

OMG, COOL!!!, so when is the first/beta version gonna be released man???, sounds very cool, and looks very cool too, plz keep me and everyoner posted, ive always wanted a fan KR game thats 3d and looks good, and plz make it better then them crappy davilex games, PLZ!!!, anyways, im here for support, as im done modding video games, and would love to be able to play something like this, as always your work is awsome, keep it up man!, ttyl, peace

KP

PS: i added you to my yahoo again, come on soon so we can chat, anyways, peace man

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Thu May 07, 2009 1:02 am

Awesome...when can we start playing :D
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu May 07, 2009 3:33 am

It looks sooooo gooood. Love the screen shot. any Idea about a release date???? and it will be available for what? PSP, PS3, XboX Image :kitt:

DavidKnight
Rookie

Post by DavidKnight » Thu May 07, 2009 4:31 am

It's getting better and better. Hope i'll come soon. :kitt:

Jay
Rookie

Post by Jay » Sat May 09, 2009 11:57 am

Very excited about this. I'm surprised there hasn't been a slew of replies since you posted this...

Anyway, a sandbox-like Knight Rider game with excellent models? Count me in...
"Alright Mr. KITT, let's burn some rubber!" Knight Song

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat May 09, 2009 8:08 pm

We (Tobie, Knight Racer, and myself) have a lot of plans for this game, we really hope you guys like it. As you can see we have gone with a darker gritter vision. It will still have the light hearted banter between Michael and KITT, but the story line is very sinister and serious and will include most of the memorable bad guys coming together for a plot against flag and the city. My vision sort of ties all of the KR series together, but is focused from the classic Knight Rider era. But later on you will have an opportunity to unlock KR 2008/2009 missions.

The 3d world is huge. This is just the downtown area. You can ride the highways clear to industrial parks, the desert, the las vegas strip (which is not done yet) and the Flag Mansion and museum where you will find (and drive once unlocked threw game play) every KITT you can think of. Including KI3T. We have over 100 unique NPC's ranging from young men and women, to older mature men and women, and of course what would a Knight Rider game be with out rescuing Davey Benson from a motorcycle gang? (yeah we have motorcycle gangs and a few children) The pedestrian cars are plenty as well, with 74 unique models. This wont be GTA though, you wont be walking around stealing cars, you will have to call KITT who will come to your aid should you get lost from him.

This has been a while in the making and ALL of the art work is close to being completed. In other posts you can find KITT, Goliath, and Michael & Garthe Knight models. We are working on Devon, Bonnie, April, and Mike Knight (yes new knight rider Mike. Also Rc is done but I haven't posted pictures yet) Tobie is working on a new KI3T model based off of a GT 500 model I had been working on, and we will be using all of his KITT, SPM Mode, KIFT, and other models as well.

Keep your scanners peeled here we will let you know when the website is ready, where we will release more information and a teaser trailer for the game. :) Thank you everyone for the comments, your opinions matter since we are making this for you!

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Sun May 10, 2009 2:31 am

Awesome stuff...cant wait :good:

Jay
Rookie

Post by Jay » Sun May 10, 2009 6:17 am

Ah, wouldn't be complete without the desert! :D
Sound even better now.

I'm pumped about this because it very much follows how I have imagined a perfect Knight Rider game...

Also, so much artwork being done is so impressive I'm not sure how to describe it.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Sun May 10, 2009 5:04 pm

What about the Intro, is there a Chance that we can see the Intro like TV Series Style :good: :mrgreen:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon May 11, 2009 6:17 am

Very Very Very excellent job guys. well done. I Thank you for all the effort and time you invested in this project. I am sure it will be great and fun to play with. but there is no answer about if it will be available for PS, PSP XboX or PC. anyway, Love your work and keep us updated Image :kitt:

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Mon May 11, 2009 9:52 am

It will first be for PC/MAC. Since this is a fan game I don't think it will be able to come to other consoles officially. We can compile to wii, iPhone, and 360 but we have to have developer licenses for each. Out of the 3, Xbox is the cheapest but I don't think they would allow unlicensed material like Knight Rider to be on there. Same with the iphone though I do see a few Knight Rider apps in the app store and wonder how long it will be until they get taken down. I would personally love to see a lower poly version of our game on iphone for 99 cents. But that's just me!

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Tue May 12, 2009 12:07 am

Hey guys, here is a teaser wallpaper if anyone is interested. We made a lot of progress today and just thought I would show off Michael Knights thumbs up animation which is not quite done just yet! Click the image for the full size!

Jay
Rookie

Post by Jay » Tue May 12, 2009 10:06 am

Looks really awesome. Never mind KITT and Michael, that Goliath model is looking even better than before...

RenanrRinaldi
Recruit

Post by RenanrRinaldi » Tue May 12, 2009 12:42 pm

That Michael model looks really nice! Cant wait!
Mike: Next time, calculate faster.
KITT: Were you injured?
Mike: No
KITT: Then my calculations were fast enough.

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Tue May 12, 2009 2:31 pm

I dont have xbox but perhaps I could try it on my new PC when I get it...super excited :good:

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Tue May 12, 2009 6:10 pm

OMG :D :D :D, i must wsay this is a well made game!!!, so far its looking so good i could about die for it, plz msKEN, plz tell me when this is done by yahoo, im so crazy about this now that ive seen goliath, btw, that goliath looks freaking great!, im so excited, plz keep us posted and try and release something as soon as you can, and best of luck man, oh and btw, will this be a huge file to download???, how big will this be, cause im on dailup and id have to go out moms just to download, so im just curious, takes me 30 mins to download 100MB outs moms, shes on DSL, but hey its worth the wait :D, anyways, ttyl, peace man, and hit me up on Yahoo, cheers :D

KP

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Wed May 13, 2009 8:34 am

Thanks so much for the comments guys! Tobie and I have a huge surprise to show you guys very soon! We are going to reveal the new KITT models that you wont find anywhere else (Like GTA or any other mod) but will be exclusive to Knight Rider: The Fan Game (Pending title)

KnightProwl, I have a bad feeling the game will fit on a DVD.... it should hopefully be around 1.2gb when fully compressed but it wouldn't surprise me if it was bigger. You have to figure we have 5 separate levels which are massive cities/desert/and industrial areas. My brother has a sound studio with professional recording equipment so instead of a text dialog we are going to do our best to find local talent to supply the voices for the game.

Jay
Rookie

Post by Jay » Wed May 13, 2009 10:03 am

Knight Rider - Shadowy Flight
Best title possible...

I don't mind a big download, actually. Sound tracks have to take their space.

Do you want to reveal anything about the music aspect? :D

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Wed May 13, 2009 11:03 am

OMG, thats awsome msKEN, and i think i can download it out moms, would take a long time, but its worth that wait, btw, it sounds like its gonna be a brand new game out on the market, the way that i mean is, if you ever do release this game as a real game and sell it, and plp buy it, you will be rich as heck, thats the cool part about this, you and whoever is making it, will be rich more then likely, so if i was you, id release it on PC or w/e first, and see how it works out, then try and get a licence and then try and make it into a real game for plp to buy in a store, just think of the money you and your team will make, OMG i wish i was you right now, anyways, to a good friend and to the best of luck, may one man keep making a difference msKEN, anyways, thanks for the heads up, anyways, ttyl, peace

KP

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Wed May 13, 2009 11:15 am

We are working out deals with the music. We hope to have the fans who have made custom tracks and the such come forward to allow us to use the music they have made over the years. Personally I would love to use Sylvain Cloux's Rock theme for the intro to our game. As for KITT's radio you will be able to plug in your own mp3's!

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed May 13, 2009 11:47 am

This will be epic...this how the KR games should of been :good:

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Fri May 15, 2009 5:47 pm

Is there an Intro like in the original TV Series ??
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon May 18, 2009 7:12 am

Very good news. the games looks to be more promising by the day :lol: I will be waiting for your suprise to see KITT in many models. best of luck :good: Image :kitt:

wez
Operative

Post by wez » Mon May 18, 2009 7:57 am

omg this looks gr8..

cant wait to see ya work guyz..