Page 3 of 3

Re: KR Cancelled???

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:44 pm
by Slim_Knight
One thing that could save KR08 is to send it to SciFi. Look what happened with Stargate SG-1. That is the hope of a die hard fan I guess.

Re: KR Cancelled???

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:21 pm
by KnightCrusader99
Slim_Knight wrote:One thing that could save KR08 is to send it to SciFi. Look what happened with Stargate SG-1. That is the hope of a die hard fan I guess.


That would be nice. It would give me a reason to watch SciFi again since those b******ds cancelled Atlantis right as it was getting good again....

Leave it to NBC to give a show a chance to do better, succeed, then cancel it...

Re: KR Cancelled???

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:34 am
by KITT
maybe they will see the steady increase in ratings this past month and give it a chance.

Re: KR Cancelled???

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:10 pm
by WIBoomer1
Dee_Jay77 wrote:Every time I see something about Chuck it makes me want to go to best buy and beat the snot out of one of the geek squad guys. (thats how much I can't stand the show) if knight rider is cancelled I'll never ever turn my tv to nbc ever again I don't care what they remake or bring back. they do this everytime I get to liking something worth watching.


First, I'd love to say that I'd be crushed if we don't get another season (and then therefore the chance for more viewers for more seasons) of KR 08. But I won't. I'll simply hope that Glen Lawson will be able to get his version onto the silver screen. For sure it will be more closer to the mark of the original.

Dee Jay, here's the thing that Chuck has that we didn't...consistency. It has something for everyone, smart writing, comedy, action, adventure, romance, and geekisms to top it all off! It's main plot line may not be realistic, (a regular guy with a computer database in his head) but the main thread continues, unlike what we got 3 times over. Of course, it didn't have the added luggage of any pre-existing original show. But heck, it even has our beloved comlinks that the characters use to communicate with. If you are a KR fan, you have a geek inside you too, and I think you should give Chuck another chance.

I know I'm crossing this thread with another, but don't wish to post all over the boards on the same topic. Victor Kros, or Nick Nugent, or whomever he is supposed to be...I've read the Companion book, cover to cover. You make an interesting comment in the thread "Knight Rider might have been cancelled: two sources":

Victor Kros wrote:Drop the reliance on modern trends, drop the reliance on CG, and make a show that is created in a more cost efficient manner that makes the story stronger, then worry about the effects. This is what made Knight Rider work...stories with HEART as well as action. It's not just about the gimmicks, it's about using KITT's technology to progress the story, not just to show off a new feature or to flash some product placement moment.


I agree with you about the show's heart, one man and car vs. the world of criminals who operate above the law. I can even go a bit further and then have Billy, Zoey, and Sarah play their parts into a team, just as long as Michael and KI3T handle the brunt of the work. But you can't go backwards in time. CGI is more cost effective in the long run vs. actual physical car stunts. How many General Lees and T/A's were destroyed by their shows? You could keep going with Viper as well, and the list could go on. Even though the rendered graphics started by looking fake, they did seem to get better as the show progressed. A remote controlled 2010 Mustang GT500 for KI3T's next shell would be cool, for real interaction between KI3T and the road. But there's so much freedom within CGI to do these effects, then it becomes why would you want to do things and possibly harm people by doing them IRL??? Does the show not go on until the time comes for more realistic graphics become available / are able to be realized on a network television show's budget? I don't think so.

I'm hoping for 2nd season, but not holding my breath on it. 5 Hours of programming will be lost due to Leno. Our ratings have done ok with no advertising, and with the retooling. But NBC wants numbers, plain and simple. It hasn't performed to their expectations ( & our ours for the most part until the last 5 eps), and I wouldn't be surprised for a second if a pink slip quietly slipped under KI3T's wipers come April...

Re: KR Cancelled???

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:44 pm
by whet
Well I have said it here before, and I think it's worth saying agian.

5 post reboot episodes are not enough for it to establish itself.

It needs a Second season, then fair enough if that don't work.. but please NBC at least give it a fair go.

Re: KR Cancelled???

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:12 pm
by MTigers006
Hopefully if they dont want it anymore (NBC) thier sister station SciFi can pick it up. Thats one thing I wouldn't mind seeing.

Re: KR Cancelled???

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:36 pm
by skikkie94
May I know the titles of the cancelled episodes? I'm curious, because I've read something on Wikipedia. It was about episode 18: Revenge of Knight. This was the episode:
"Mike and KITT take revenge on an old enemy of Mike. Mike is during this against his old friend Dylan. Sarah is Mike is during this against his old friend Dylan. Sarah is also a friend of the former against which she sat on the Univ."
Is this one of the cancelled episodes?

Re: KR Cancelled???

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:14 pm
by GT500KR
skikkie94 wrote:May I know the titles of the cancelled episodes? I'm curious, because I've read something on Wikipedia. It was about episode 18: Revenge of Knight. This was the episode:
"Mike and KITT take revenge on an old enemy of Mike. Mike is during this against his old friend Dylan. Sarah is Mike is during this against his old friend Dylan. Sarah is also a friend of the former against which she sat on the Univ."
Is this one of the cancelled episodes?


That kinda sounds a storyline that would involve the 1st couple of episodes, not with connection to the "reboot"

Re: KR Cancelled???

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:42 pm
by Nicholas Knight
I wouldn't mind seeing the cancelled episode info myself. That's kinda funny, nothing is mentioned about Dylan the whole season. Maybe he is the real "Man That Does Not Exist". :lol:

Re: KR Cancelled???

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:01 pm
by WIBoomer1
I went to the Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight_Rid ... _series%29

There's no mention of the episode that skikkie was referring to. I'm thinking someone was pulling KR 2008 fans legs with that one...

Re: KR Cancelled...

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:25 pm
by T.A.H.O.E.
WELL, HERE IT IS 2011....NOT MUCH NEWS PERTAINING TO THE MOVIE or the series in syndication or sent to Syfy or on HULU... ( retro tv & Classic series aside, yep I looked...) but I gotta say,aside from bad scripting & lack of quality KR styled action....KR2K & Team KR had a ( very fleeting )few moments of possibility...

KR2008 was too much like VIPER & relied on skin,scene,spclfx rather than solid script that's what snuffed it & I am sorry to say, even a retooled,tweeked,Restored/reborn '86 Chrysler Laser XE would've been more a believable car than the 'stang { I defer to the Dukes of Hazzard tv movies being seriously better written/done than the Jessica Simpson versions for compare ) & ( I'm just throwin this stuff out for thot,Not opinion) Hey, Megan Fox would've made a better Daisy Duke -n- Willie was a bad choice for Jessie Duke...

Now, as I stated above...KR08 was a re-work/reliance on Viper=BAD.n/A Mustang Mach 1 would have fit the bill nicely...just stuff a Carroll Shelby Cobra motor in it /less CGI, use a few ramps & old school camera tricks & script writers from any CSI show & presto ! a better tho darker KR...!

STILL WE DARE DREAM & HOPE "...IN A WORLD FULL OF CRIMINALS WHO THINK THEY'RE ABOVE THE LAW "

Re: KR Cancelled???

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:30 pm
by whet
I think Sadly Gary Scott Thompson has killed Knight Rider..
He's made a joke out of the franchise single handed..

I doubt that after what he did there is ever going to be a film another series or anything ever agian.
Which makes me mad..

He ruined it and just walked away, the man is a complete moron..

Re: KR Cancelled???

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:36 pm
by kitt34
whet wrote:I think Sadly Gary Scott Thompson has killed Knight Rider..
He's made a joke out of the franchise single handed..

I doubt that after what he did there is ever going to be a film another series or anything ever agian.
Which makes me mad..

He ruined it and just walked away, the man is a complete moron..


It was killed before KR 2008, It started the downfall with Knight Rider 2000.

Re: KR Cancelled???

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:03 pm
by Vincent
Have to agree with kitt34. All attempts to revive the Knight Rider Franchise since the conclusion of the Original Series have ended in failure, whether it be continuation or remake - if you can consider Knight Rider 2010 a remake.

Knight Rider 2008 Pilot was the closest they came to bringing it back, but the 2008 series which effectively discarded it ruined the franchise massively. So now the only hope it has left is with a complete remake, taking it right back to the beginning. A lot like how Batman Begins restored that franchise following the Batman & Robin Box Office Flop.

Anyway, that's my two cents on the subject.


Vince

:dash4:

Re: KR Cancelled???

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:29 pm
by kitt34
Vincent wrote:Have to agree with kitt34. All attempts to revive the Knight Rider Franchise since the conclusion of the Original Series have ended in failure, whether it be continuation or remake - if you can consider Knight Rider 2010 a remake.

Knight Rider 2008 Pilot was the closest they came to bringing it back, but the 2008 series which effectively discarded it ruined the franchise massively. So now the only hope it has left is with a complete remake, taking it right back to the beginning. A lot like how Batman Begins restored that franchise following the Batman & Robin Box Office Flop.

Anyway, that's my two cents on the subject.


Vince

:dash4:


Although Batman & Robin made millions of dollars worldwide, KR 2008 was cancelled completely just like Batman & Robin it got bad reviews from KR Fans and most professional critics, I Compared this Knight Rider TV Franchise to the Jaws franchise.
and poor bruce davidson, just like michael caine in jaws the revenge, such a waste of legendary talent was on this mess.

Re: KR Cancelled???

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:27 pm
by james olden
To be honest in my opinion i think the show wouldve at least made it to another season if...

1.They would've cast the Hoff as a Devon miles character for the 08 series.
2.Would've just kept the show as a man and his car from the beginning,and not adding the F.B.I.
3.(Because kr2000 doesn't exist anymore) Have a cameo appearance from K.I.2.T.'s A.I. with William Daniels as the voice of K.I.2.T.,Bonnie and R.C.3. or At least spoke about the whereabouts of K.I.2.T.'s A.I.,Devon,Bonnie,R.C.3, and Mention What happen to F.L.A.G. after 1986.
4.Brought back the same F.L.A.G. headquarters from T.O.S.,instead of having the KITT cave.
5.Updated a new F.L.A.G. mobile unit.,and kept the C-130 Cargo plane for long missions.

Re: KR Cancelled???

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:18 pm
by Josch Schulz

Code: Select all

To be honest in my opinion i think the show wouldve at least made it to another season if...

1.They would've cast the Hoff as a Devon miles character for the 08 series.
2.Would've just kept the show as a man and his car from the beginning,and not adding the F.B.I.
3.(Because kr2000 doesn't exist anymore) Have a cameo appearance from K.I.2.T.'s A.I. with William Daniels as the voice of K.I.2.T.,Bonnie and R.C.3. or At least spoke about the whereabouts of K.I.2.T.'s A.I.,Devon,Bonnie,R.C.3, and Mention What happen to F.L.A.G. after 1986.
4.Brought back the same F.L.A.G. headquarters from T.O.S.,instead of having the KITT cave.
5.Updated a new F.L.A.G. mobile unit.,and kept the C-130 Cargo plane for long missions.


I had the same ideas, but: There are 2 other generations ouda there who never heart about the original show and David Hasselhoff as well, thats why they did it this way. It was made for younger viewers and that was the mistake.

Re: KR Cancelled???

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:00 am
by trav. knight
(looks at alll the broken pieces of something that held potential that lay on the floor)
is this how we let it end? is this the final point of knight rider?
not on my watch(picks up the pieces), it doesn't end here....
KNIGHT RIDER doesn't end here, it only alows for a new era to begin....


WE ARE THAT ERA!! IT DOESN'T END UNLESS WE(THE FANS) SAYS IT ENDS!
KNIGHT RIDER LIVES!

Re: KR Cancelled???

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:38 pm
by james olden
Josch Schulz wrote:

Code: Select all

To be honest in my opinion i think the show wouldve at least made it to another season if...

1.They would've cast the Hoff as a Devon miles character for the 08 series.
2.Would've just kept the show as a man and his car from the beginning,and not adding the F.B.I.
3.(Because kr2000 doesn't exist anymore) Have a cameo appearance from K.I.2.T.'s A.I. with William Daniels as the voice of K.I.2.T.,Bonnie and R.C.3. or At least spoke about the whereabouts of K.I.2.T.'s A.I.,Devon,Bonnie,R.C.3, and Mention What happen to F.L.A.G. after 1986.
4.Brought back the same F.L.A.G. headquarters from T.O.S.,instead of having the KITT cave.
5.Updated a new F.L.A.G. mobile unit.,and kept the C-130 Cargo plane for long missions.


I had the same ideas, but: There are 2 other generations ouda there who never heart about the original show and David Hasselhoff as well, thats why they did it this way. It was made for younger viewers and that was the mistake.


Yes you do have a point. But to be honest it would have been cool if someone would write kr:novels or have a cartoon series or movie to fill in the gaps from 1986-2008 with the hoff voice as michael knight. hey if Starwars franchise and Startrek franchise could do it then kr franchise can do it also.