KR Cancelled???

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KR Cancelled???

Post by weeezl » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:32 pm

We'll all know for certain soon enough, however I still remain optimistic.

Honeykitt
Rookie

Post by Honeykitt » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:44 pm

KITT wrote:no, it's called pessimism. optimists are ones that are hoping for a season 2. realism is you really don't know what's going to happen.
I will have to go with this one.

Pessimistic - It's not going to be renewed :cry:
Optimistic - Woot woot I think, I hope, I pray it's being renewed :good:
Realism - Nobody actually knows until NBC let's us know.

Just my 2cp

BTW I'm one of the optimistic ones :D

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Post by K.A.C.I. » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:48 pm

You ask me, it's looking bad for Knight Rider.
KDMatt over in the chat posted this link: http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/02/24/ch ... nted/13460
Now, I am worried, because of two rows specifically:

KNIGHT RIDER
NBC 2,403 3,340 0.72

MY OWN WORST ENEMY
NBC 2,636 3,340 0.79
cancelled

In other words, looking at the numbers, KR08 faces almost certain cancellation after the current season.
Though I pray and hope that I will be proven wrong.
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

Sty Knight
Recruit

Post by Sty Knight » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:19 pm

They say Friday Night Lights may be saved by DirecTV pulling out their checkbook again.

Is it possible that Ford may do the same for Knight Rider as well? I don't believe that this has been factored in, but I'm certain the sponsorship of Ford on the show brings in some big money for NBC. With the auto industry in dire straights, Ford needs all the promotion they can get.

Then again, they may be looking to cut costs, but KR gets a lot of people thinking about Ford again.
Save Knight Rider Petition Signed #5610

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:24 pm

Well I know what I saw (two times). I just wished other people had seen it. If there has been a big mistake. Looks like NBC could sue that tv station.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:33 pm

Sty Knight wrote:They say Friday Night Lights may be saved by DirecTV pulling out their checkbook again.

Is it possible that Ford may do the same for Knight Rider as well? I don't believe that this has been factored in, but I'm certain the sponsorship of Ford on the show brings in some big money for NBC. With the auto industry in dire straights, Ford needs all the promotion they can get.

Then again, they may be looking to cut costs, but KR gets a lot of people thinking about Ford again.
Interesting point. I'd love to see the stats on how well KR08 has done for Ford in terms of publicity. Everything I've seen and read indicates that Ford's sponsorship of KR is overshadowed by every blogger, journalist, talk show host arguing that KR sucks and questioning why its still on the air. Apart from KRO and a rogue blogger here and there who support the show. I don't think that's what Ford expected.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Hate to be a downer, but all the car makers including Ford are down 40%, so i don' think that'll be of much help. I'm wondering what Val Kilmer makes as a voice actor, and if someone else can do it for less, if KR gets a second season. That might help a bit.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:42 pm

K.A.C.I. wrote:You ask me, it's looking bad for Knight Rider.
KDMatt over in the chat posted this link: http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/02/24/ch ... nted/13460
Now, I am worried, because of two rows specifically:

KNIGHT RIDER
NBC 2,403 3,340 0.72

MY OWN WORST ENEMY
NBC 2,636 3,340 0.79
cancelled

In other words, looking at the numbers, KR08 faces almost certain cancellation after the current season.
Though I pray and hope that I will be proven wrong.

Did you read the comments there? Typical douchebaggery. Who's gonna go over there and defend KR and KRO?? :D
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

2K&3KKITT
Operative

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:09 pm

Hopefully they won't cancel KR. I love it so much. KI2T and KI3T give me something to look forward to. I hope NBC won't take it away.
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:43 pm

I hope they don't cancel KR, too...But all we can do is be a supportive fandom, and stay optimistic.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:02 pm

I hope they don't cancel either. Wednesday will really suck if the do :cry:

Dee_Jay77
Recruit

Post by Dee_Jay77 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:19 pm

Every time I see something about Chuck it makes me want to go to best buy and beat the snot out of one of the geek squad guys. (thats how much I can't stand the show) if knight rider is cancelled I'll never ever turn my tv to nbc ever again I don't care what they remake or bring back. they do this everytime I get to liking something worth watching.

rsagar
Stranger

Post by rsagar » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:28 pm

Hey Guys,

I was watching the biggest loser on the E! channel here in Ontario Canada and they had a promo for Knight Rider, they were calling the last episode as the series finale...did anyone else see this as well?

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:23 am

Mr.Marcus wrote:
Sty Knight wrote:They say Friday Night Lights may be saved by DirecTV pulling out their checkbook again.

Interesting point. I'd love to see the stats on how well KR08 has done for Ford in terms of publicity. Everything I've seen and read indicates that Ford's sponsorship of KR is overshadowed by every blogger, journalist, talk show host arguing that KR sucks and questioning why its still on the air. Apart from KRO and a rogue blogger here and there who support the show. I don't think that's what Ford expected.
I think the Question is, does ford has any other show on TV now that promots its cars? this is a weekly advertisment for its products (almost all of them) with a fixed budget. what ever new creation they have, they can just put it on KR. we have seen it happen before. I hope FORD comes to think this way about KR and talk to NBC about giving it another chance. Image :kitt:

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:09 am

rsagar wrote:Hey Guys,

I was watching the biggest loser on the E! channel here in Ontario Canada and they had a promo for Knight Rider, they were calling the last episode as the series finale...did anyone else see this as well?

Let me get this straight because I'm thinking I really don't get what you just said: E! Ontario actually mentioned "series finale," or did they just say "last episode?"

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:36 am

The one thing I keep thinking in all this is why haven't they said "it's cancelled" yet? If they weren't still mulling it over, they wouldn't be beating round the bush in the current climate I don't think.

rsagar
Stranger

Post by rsagar » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:36 am

they mentioned series finale, series finale was on the screen

Korris
Volunteer

Post by Korris » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:10 am

Canada does things the same way England does. Each season is a 'series', so yeah this is the 'series finale' in that it's the 'Season finale' here in the US.

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:16 am

I don't know how many of you pay attention to the news section, but there is a video from GST that makes it sound like there will most likely be a second season. Here is the video: http://knightrideronline.com/news/2008/ ... ys_gst.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

necrophilissimo
Rookie

Post by necrophilissimo » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:22 am

Korris wrote:Canada does things the same way England does. Each season is a 'series', so yeah this is the 'series finale' in that it's the 'Season finale' here in the US.
Same here in Finland, practically. Before days of Internet it was always confusing did the series end completely or was it just the season that ended.
TAGAP: The Apocalyptic Game About Penguins - Join the penguin apocalypse!

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:29 am

Slim_Knight wrote:I don't know how many of you pay attention to the news section, but there is a video from GST that makes it sound like there will most likely be a second season. Here is the video: http://knightrideronline.com/news/2008/ ... ys_gst.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's relatively old now - it was when the show went onto hiatus before xmas - and anyway, GST is the "King of Spin"...

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:45 am

I am just pointing out that people seem to have forgotten about that.
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:13 pm

It's not that we've forgotten, it's that it has no relevance over what's going on now because what was said only can applied to then, we can only say still that the cancellation or renewal hasn't been made official. It's almost like a weatherman saying that tomorrow will be sunny and then three months later you saying it'll be sunny because they weatherman said it would be three months for that time without looking at whatever weather report he's actually given for the actual relevant day.

We don't really know what NBC has been thinking from seeing the ratings since the show's return but while they've been stable (and could still be built upon if given a chance) they're still pretty poor for a broadcast network show, even with everything down. Not to mention the state of the economy.... Granted, NBC has stuff getting worse ratings but with Jay Leno taking up five hours a week soon in prime time, it's going to mean a lot of cuts. Plus there's the issue of there being zero promotion, if NBC was truly behind the show, they would have made at least an effort to advertise. It's not being pessimistic, it's choosing not to ignore the signs and being in denial, which isn't optimism. Unless NBC doesn't find anything appealing from the pilots or Ford sticks with it and gives money, the show, with it's lacking ratings is all but doomed. It doesn't help that Angela Bromstad doesn't seem to be a fan either. There's still a lot NBC could do with the show to turn it around but unfortunately, they're incompetent boobs who don't have a clue.

Besides, I'm sure GST actually knew the fate of the show back then or had a good indication and hasn't bothered to tell anyone because that's seems to be how he rolls. Gary Scott Thompson, keeper of secrets, master of the Kraft Mac & Cheese! :lol:
Last edited by PHOENIXZERO on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:17 pm

Slim_Knight wrote:I am just pointing out that people seem to have forgotten about that.
Understood, but things could have changed since then.

Here in the UK, one of the main channels ITV has just announced 600 jobs are going and that they made a £2.7bn loss for 2008. It's so bad, Emmerdale actor Chris Chittell said the cutbacks were a "dreadful state of affairs".

So it's a fairly nebulous situation, really.

I have everything crossed that it gets renewed but the realist in me thinks otherwise, sadly. It would probably be another credit crunch victim...

:cry:

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:25 pm

I hope that they don't cancel "KR08", it's only the show that I really watch on tv. :good: :spmgo:
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"