ws6air replica updates

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: ws6air replica updates

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:32 am

Love the turbojet engine cover.All it needs is a sticker that says knight 2000 on it in westminster digital font in red.

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:45 am

Thanks! Before long , the middle of the outside will be complete and yes, engine time!!!! Can't wait for this!!! Maybe have it going by the end of the year. I would think so(hint) Talk to ya soon, and again, thanks

Marc
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:31 pm

Just got my weatherstrips from Dave Sanchez and I do have to say I'm pleased with fit and quality. These fit great and I sealed it up as much as I wanted to, as I hope it stays out of the rain, but you never know right? I couldn't wait to put these on as I so wanted to see the car with T-tops in....Been awhile, To me, it looks funny now,weird huh? After putting the T-tops in, the more I have to do, as restoring the T-tops now, as they are not in great shape , but .... they are the glass ones, and I love these.... Anyway.

Also got the Countdown and Vbox working along with trying to wire stuff up slowly on the dash, making sure I don't miss anything....More to show on the weatherstrips, but I'm just excited to see the ride from rear to front, almost all the way together....Focusing now on getting it running....Cool pic....as it's starting to look like a car again.... LOL

Marc

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:04 pm

Picture EXPLOSION!!!! Got the Grilles in and the Plexi's permanently in....and I played with the tow bar a little just for kicks!! Hah! This projecet is DONE!!! Now I can move on to getting the car running! YES PICTURE EXPLOSION!!!!!! NOt everything is aligned perfectly, the scanner is not right, but, nor is alignment on things, but , it was a fast install and just a test fit.... Fit perfect....Loving it...Now for the engine!!!

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by krkitt1 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:28 pm

WOW!!!!!! That looks GREAT!!!!! It looks like a new car!!!! You have done such a great job!!!!!

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:21 pm

Thanks guys! Not done too much , but I CAN officially move on to getting coolant stuff done on the car now. It's kind of working out. Wifey wants same Pulley kit on her 82 , and also wants electric fan, so, we are trading cooling systems. My 88 electric into hers, and the fan blade/old school in mine. Should be cool. I am actually putting a 700r4 in hers at the moment, but I did have enough time to shoot a pic of the engine .....Almost done!!! Now to get hers back home, to get some goodies off of hers and put some goodies on her 82. Anyway. Here's a pic of what March has brought.... My truly March update....Hah! Don't know about the engine cover now.... hmmm, engine is looking really cool at the moment...we'll see!!!

Marc

P.S. Still have little things to get. Power steering cover and pump cap, etc.... now for the cooling stuff...Getting almost ready to fire up this bad boy!!!!

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:59 am

its always been a dream of mine to restore a Trans Am then creat a KITT/KARR conversion...i applaud you sir for doing such an awesome restoration project on your beautiful KITT! :good:

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:31 am

Thanks!!!! .... About done with engine, about ready to crank. Got Downpipe for Turbo, Heat and Cooling system re-routed under engine, New Carb, and lots of odds and ends. Will try to do wires, and vacuum stuff, this next month, along with Tranny stuff. Still need a starter, but it will come . Next month should be a wild one for this thing. Later.....

Thanks
Marc

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:04 pm

All is wired and plumbed!!! Wires, plugs, Steering, cooling....etc!!!! My goal was the end of the year, wow!!! I am pushing that for sure, but I think I will .... Hope all goes well trying to crank it for sure.... Next update will be it running hopefully ...Later!!!!

Marc

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:51 pm

Wish I knew what any of the things under the hood do besides for the windshield wiper fluid and oil i'm clueless.Looks clean.Are you still going to have the knight 2000 engine cover you had in the other pics? Is everything set up on the inside of the cars cabin? Looks nice in the photos.

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:25 pm

No , the dash is out , but ready to go in. I want to make sure regular gauges work and function properly. They have ohmed out okay, but just want to make sure everything is golden on wiring and such. Will not be long after the car is running to put dash back in. So, until then, I guess I can watch tv on the monitors and play with the video games, cameras and such...Hah

Marc

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:49 pm

There aren't words to express how in awe I am of your replica. You've done some awesome work here. I almost feel like I should be able to have a conversation with your KITT. Great job!!! :shock:

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:08 pm

Starting the year off nicely!!!! KITT is started and now to button up some loose ends on it (engine wise ) , FINALLY !, can move forward...Fenders , hood, nose, wheels, very soon!!!!! Shouldn't be long and I'll have an outside KITT completely done!!!! Can't wait!!!! Hope video works .... Engine Turbo was pretty quite , it's almost like my 301 turbo from my 80 TA. Quite until a load is put on it. It is functioning , can't wait to get on road for sure.... Year is starting nicely. I'll make a better video down the road for sure. These were quik Iphone vids... so anyway, later!!!! Happy New Year too!!! That demon carb and setup is probably the best performing and best overall I've had on an f-body..... A++++ guys at Demon!!!!! KILLER!!!!

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:26 am

I can't possibly fault your incredible hard work on this car. Fantastic job. It'll look like you have one of the best KITT
replicas anywhere. My only critique isn't about the car, but the videos that are poor quality because they're vertical!

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:50 pm

Hah!!! Yey, I agree, pretty crappy , but for an Iphone, not bad.... gets point across

Fixed most of all leaks on the oil side of things, and looking for my fenders again....Hah!!!! Can't wait to do this for sure !!!! Should look like KITT by end of month for sure!!! Have to put glass in and a battery relocation and this thing will be ready for sure!!!! Thanks for the support throughout this car guys. Means a lot . Been awhile also...Thanks again!!!!

Marc

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:14 am

ws6air wrote: Hah!!! Yey, I agree, pretty crappy , but for an Iphone, not bad.... gets point across
Well, flip your iPhone sideways for the next video(s) then, and especially when your KITT is complete.
:wink:

Other than that, keep up the good work.

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:08 pm

I have one little leak to fix on the intake side of the turbo going into intake. I took a video to see it better. It's when it's revving and dumps the fuel and air in. Need to compress clamps tighter... but here it is revving up. Runs the RPM range and secondary's do great!!! I'll have to make a test run now and see how tranny does with secondary's also. Have to put it together before that though...hah!!! Here's the video... When exhaust is put on , I'm sure you'll hear the turbo, as I can hear it now, when revving in 3,000 RPM area. Talk to you soon....and thanks guys!!!

Marc

P.S. Hope video is working... Just an Iphone vid, so , better quality coming.

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:06 am

Just putting this Knight Rider car together..... About time right? Better pics tomorrow, sorry for quality , excited!!! Been a long time since it looked like a car... hah. A lot of alignments , etc still, but for the most part, only a hood left.... can we say outside will be done soon... Oh yey!!!!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:48 pm

I can't wait to see it completed.This is one of the best conversions I've ever followed.Are you going to put back the engine cover that you showed in earlier pictures?

It has that tech look to it.Something not found under the hood of any production line car.

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:52 pm

Thanks! I'm back and forth with it . The scanner covers, oh yes, the main cover.... I've got another something in the works that is functional that might also be the ticket. I'm torn as I'm an old Hot Rodder, and love what I've done with the engine, but also want to stay Knight Rider, but it's hard because of all the hard work in bay. (engine wise) especially just to be covered up. Thinking of having this as a finished piece but also doing another one that is functional. Cool thing is, if I get mine done, it's a template for you guys to have one also. More details later on that. :) Again thanks!!!

Marc

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:58 am

Can't wait to see the new set of pics you're going to post.

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:17 pm

Just going to show my March updates. I have done a lot here lately.... first of all, I was picking up some pieces for my car at a local yard and saw this......

I wondered if the headlights would work with the angle of the nose's opening. Well, pulled part out and tried it.... guess what , was not a bad fit.....

That last picture shows that going with the angle of the fog opening. I found that going with the backing bumper looks better. The backing bumper is straight, so I made both sides parallel with the backing bumper. This piece off the Cutlass Surpreme (94-95 2 door model) is actually a 1 piece , both sides together, but I found that you could not center the fogs between the fog opening, so I cut mine into two pieces. Here's the fit with it being a 1-piece unit:

Really doesn't look bad this way as it leaves you room for cameras and such on corners. Not bad but I chose this route. Here is another thing I did to help make it look stock, a lot of times you can see the insides of the nose (backing , brackets, etc) not that it looks bad, but I'm just trying to go for a (it was built from a factory like that ) type look. So I added a piece on the bottom of both sides(fog area) and also put stuff on sides of units to fill it in for the sides. Here's a picture of both after centering and such.... Lots of cutting metal , and fabbing for sure!!!

Again, a lot of work , but looks cool when looking in on fog area........

Here it is centered and they are running parallel with backing bumper, it plays of where you are with camera, or if your not centered (lens wise) . Anyway. A lot of work. I went ahead and added my speakers too. No need to worry later, do everything now so you can run wiring was my thoughts... Think about future and future needs.

Every angle changes.... not to have some closed hood shots, so I put my hinges back on , cable, etc, and aligned hood (still need to a bit.) but here are those shots after fog area done, speakers, tow bar, etc.... lots of goodies....

Hope that's not enough info at one time.... hah, just trying to solve some issues with this fog area and if you like it, you can go to a yard near you and get them off that Cutlass.... hope this helps, and hope you like, sorry so long

Thanks for looking
Marc

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:10 am

Looking great so far.Looks like you just need to replace the wheels with the right rims and hubcaps,get a black privacy protector on the trunk glass,and you got yourself a great series knight 2000 vehicle at least from the exterior.

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:47 pm

Okay, last pics for awhile.... PROMISE.... just got a lot going on with KITT..... Hah!!! Finally getting somewhere on this thing this year! I got all of the pieces for front of nose and scanner covers done!!!! This is actually a lot going on on the front nose wise, first, I'm going to back up a bit....... I had to make a scanner cover (didn't have to , just thought it look cool and cover wires) , so I fabbed up some covers from glass......

After making those, I had to cut headlight bezels to fit nose as the new Knight Rider nose hits the plexis on Knight Rider nose..... so the bezel has to be cut and painted... before and after shots

After making the cover and correcting bezels for Knight Rider. I had to bring the scanner up as the LEDs were low in the scanner area, as my scanner is very small like original. I measured AJs original( original show car) in this area and believe me , it's small!!!! So I thought , why couldn't I just put my own top blade of scanner onto cover? So I did using the Cowl induction metal pieces. They fit perfectly and make the area look very industrial.

Now for the turn signals. I mounted those on opposite sides so I could mount them to the scanner covers with screws, and yes they work!!! smoothed them out and bam, there it is... backwards though..... This is about is, but it actually is a lot going on .... Hope this explains this picture of the scanner a bit more...hah!!! Also Joe Huth helped , scanner area is all blk, so I painted the scanner bar blk.... Definitely helps

I had some guys wondering about my scanner cover, so there you go...the story of them, not hard to do, just time.... why a vendor hasn't done these yet, not a clue.....

Marc

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:48 pm

So basically , after paint, etc.... here it is.... a lot of fab work, but cool looking I think.... This will be all my pics for awhile....thanks for looking

Marc

Image[/URL]