ws6air replica updates

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Iron KITT
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: ws6air replica updates

Post by Iron KITT » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:05 pm

Seriously dude am loving these pics and updates, sweet! :good:

KITT is really coming along nicely, and just by looking at those pics that paint job alone is just eye popping, no wonder your a happy dude. You could stare at that paint job all day.

So what kind of shape was the body in general?, was there much to do to the car body wise?.

The interior stuff, sweet man, nicely done, going to be one bad-ass replica when its ready.

Great to see another KITT out there, as thats another Pontiac saved, one more to add to the clan.

Strength in numbers!. :kitt:
Michael Knight: "KITT is the worlds greatest automobile"

My Movie Review Blog:
Sentient Saviour's Movie Wold!. http://sentientsaviourmovies.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:53 pm

Actually, the body was in decent shape....no floor pans to do or anything like that, or quarter panels, etc. Just regular ol' bodywork, except for the engine bay....quite a bit of work. Thanks again for the replies too. I can't wait now to see the engine in it.... Going to be a day, that day...!!! It will be all down hill from there. Anyway, thanks again and I'm sure I'll keep you guys posted and pics put up. I'm a pic whore. Anyway Talk to you all soon

Marc
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:33 pm

Thanks guys!... Yey, in person, is alot different. I'm very pleased of the turnout...Here's the hood. I got to see it before work, all buffed...turnout nice...Thanks again...

Marc

Iron KITT
Rookie

Post by Iron KITT » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:47 pm

:good: :good: :good:

Ah dude that bonnet looks sweet, not a ripple in sight, truly a finish Michael Knight would appreciate!.

Nothing better when you see the car come out of the spray booth, all fresh, then polished up for the first time, that is a beautiful finish dude, seriously you could stare at the car all day. You must be one proud owner!.

Keep the updates coming man!. Sweet!.

My Movie Review Blog:
Sentient Saviour's Movie Wold!. http://sentientsaviourmovies.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:31 pm

Well ,Thanks guys, Got em home, not great pics, dark outside from rain, but here's some shots! excitement is not the word..... Talk to ya'll soon

Marc

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:38 pm

Here's some more pics.... just excited

Marc

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:01 pm

Here's one more, as if I've not worn it out already....got these from the bodyshop the other day, one with the hood on.... Anyway...turned out cool, these shots....I won't show anymore unless some cool pic comes about!!!Hah! :D

Marc

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:04 pm

Got an ETA as to when it will be complete? (whiney voice) I want it to be kitt alreadddyyyyy. lol

Iron KITT
Rookie

Post by Iron KITT » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:47 am

Man keep those pics coming! :good:

Now them boys have done a sweet job!.

Do you plan to do anything to the engine detail wise I mean?. have the engine all sparkly and nice etc?.

How long have you had the car?.

Keep those updates coming man, it's all part of the cars journey!.

My Movie Review Blog:

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:49 am

You can see most stuff I'm going to do and the engine that's going in by looking at older pages in this thread. The engine is a 350 with an old 82 Martin Turbo kit on it. Should produce 350-400 hp. Not that I'm going to be racing the either though. I mainly got it because it was a retro turbo kit from 82' Should look cool with the engine cover and the engine bay. Speaking of engine bays, I'm also going to try to put a winch and a fogger in the front two pockets/after seeing it all in blk though, I'm kind of scared to do this stuff now... Anyway, those are my plans! Talk to you all when I've done something else. Till then, later

Marc

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Tue May 10, 2011 1:42 am

Well, before I got started on the interior and engine stuff....I just had to go ahead and do this to the car...been waiting awhile to do this, but here it is... MY TAIL LIGHT KNOCKOUT!!!!! YEY!.... I got the tail light knockout from Billy of Knight Designs, although you might want to take your time on this as it does take awhile to do. First off, this is my second one of these, but this is my first from Billy. Billy's is definately sturdy and not going anywhere anytime soon, that's for sure. This is not a tutorial, this is just how I did it...First off, you have to split the tail lights into their two sections....which, just undo the pins on the bottom and the two pins on top(plastic ones).....then , you go ahead and mount the tail lights and make a few brackets.....go to your local Lowes hardware are any hardware store and get some 90 degree elbows made out of aluminum.... then mount it.....

When you take the tail lights apart , you will see that the tops of them are undone. You have to secure these as these are what holds your knockout bracket on. Here's the knockout bracket put on.... By the way...that center section has to come out or the middle will not be flush with your bumper....too much space....found out the hard way... Anyway

I put long holes on the brackets so I could adjust them before tightening...this way you can get the knockout plastic to be exactly with your bumper....

After I got this done, I just had to put the plate on.... anyway...that's Billy's knockout. Definately a days work , but worth it. I still need to get me a chrome bezel for my plate. but that will be tommorrow.... Anyway Thanks for a taking a gander

Marc

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue May 10, 2011 8:39 am

Work of God, really!

But Mark, I have to ask you something.

Is that black out tail light completely sealed and air tight? If water got inside it could be problematic, right?

I can't imagine you are using silicone but my concern goes to the scanner as well.

How are these components protected from water?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

derekw76
Recruit

Post by derekw76 » Thu May 12, 2011 8:45 am

I beleive this is going to end up being on of the best replicas we have yet to see.
This car is turning out amazing.
.....And I thought I was the only Weird Knight Rider Freak!!!

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sun May 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Got my K-member back in and rocking with newer stuff on and also , I painted! This is not an easy task to do , but with an engine out, why not ? Anyway, I know this will look little but, compared to before, this looks like a totally different K-member, anyway. I'm liking this as the K-member is last before the engine and tranny go in...Oh, better go get started on those .....well, still have stuff to do as in Struts and Strut brackets, but I'm going to go ahead and get started on that tranny. Here's some pics!

Marc

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:38 pm

Don't look like alot of work, but the wiper motor, wiper mechanics, booster , and screen cover for cowl...not alot, but all I've done as of late. Talk to you all later

Marc

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:59 pm

Man, I've had some time off from band and man, getting alot done.....I redid the Struts, Camber plates, brake cals, the rotors(which were rusty , been sitting for a couple of years), brake lines, steering gearbox and joint to steering, the headlight wiring harness and then the master cylinder for brakes. Man, I'm tired, but alot done. I'm liking it so far. Looking more like an engine bay!!! Anyway , here's some pics.....Talk with ya'll later, have to do the other side now...YEY!!! Jjokin...Can't wait actually... the engine is right around the corner!!! Getting closer now to that...CAN"T WAIT!!!! Also, I'm getting in some cover caps to go over the Sturt tower /camber plates bolts/nuts . This way , there is not any bolts showing. These camber plates are different and I like them, but also now have to find something to cover that big ol' nut for the strut. I like different , but sometimes stock looks good too. I like these , but I might always switch back to the originals too. I like the originals too...Anyway Just blabbing...Talk with you all soon/maybe Georgia!

Marc

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:43 pm

nice updates bro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:20 pm

Sits in driver seat pressing turbo boost a million times...

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:55 pm

I've done that a bunch actually, especially when the dash was in....Hah, here's the nut covers I was talking about....I like both stock and these camber plates, like I said , now I have to find something to cover that big one too, I'm thinking more rubber/plastic than a metal cover. Anyway. Passenger strut and brakes are done....2 things left before engine!!!!! The brake lines and the fuel lines. This will definately take time, as with a shiney bay, you have to have shiney parts or newer parts...UGH!!! Darnit!!! Jjokin, but now it's the weekend coming and this one belongs to band and wifey! So , this will be it from me for awhile. Talk with you all later.

Marc

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:12 pm

Finally finished this nose thang....YES....The lighting wasn't good but here's a pic, more to come tommorrow as I want to put the scanner in this time and take some shots outside. So far the plexi's have aligned correctly and everything is in order....Talk to you all soon , hopefully I'm not bugging you all with pics all the time as I am a Pic Wh0^#.... Jjokin , but true....Anyway...Here's a pic...Can't wait for tommorrow to shoot pics with the scanner!!!YES!!!

Marc

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:22 pm

Just thought I'd post some pics of the nose mounted and scanner on.... I've got this out of my system now , YEY!!! But , NOT PICTURES.....Jjokin guys.... Anyway.... I quickly mounted this, It is not where it totally needs to be, I need to bring down the passenger side a bit to make plexi's look right, but I was just excited to see it like this and got the camera out....Now for the molding process!!! Can't wait...This is a bunch of pictures, thru e-mails, some people want to see different angles, so here it is....I'm happy with it .... NO more changes.....NO more post for awhile either!!! YEY huh?

P.S. NOW IM OFFICIALLY A PICTURE WH)#$

Marc

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:01 pm

Looks great.That firebird logo on the hood makes it look like kitt went badass and got a tattoo.When will you be doing a complete black paintjob and the rights wheels and hubcaps on it?

P.S. more pics please!

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:33 pm

That's my wife's very mint 82 trans am....She's letting me borrow it , my car is already painted and ready to roll, just waiting on this nose to get sculpted and now molded to get it done. I think the paint job is in my thread. I think....look back...you should find where it is already painted....thanks

Marc

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:57 am

Just thought i'd give you an idea of how it will look like without the tattoo

Can't wait to see what it looks like when its finally finished.

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:11 pm

Thanks Knight Racer....I wanted to do that, but I've been known to photoshop stuff in , so I didn't want to with this ...but Thank You soooOO much for that...Looks like em now. Thanks again.... Awesome job too

Marc