William Daniels

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Stargazer
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

William Daniels

Post by Stargazer » Thu May 01, 2008 3:25 am

This may be too early to ask this question;

Is William Daniels in the line-up to voice KITT for the MP KR?

K2007
Operative

Re: William Daniels

Post by K2007 » Thu May 01, 2008 9:42 pm

I doubt it. The new KR is going to be a re-imagination. That means different KITT (if still KITT at all), different Michael (if still Michael at all), different everything.
McKurra: Read it, Karr.
KARR: But I -
McKurra: Read it.
KARR: -sigh- Genesis 1:1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth...
KNIGHT RIDER 2020 - a series canon by Knightsong

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Fri May 02, 2008 12:31 am

It is still early to answer that question. I can tell you that the bulk of the story details for the motion picture are being kept under very tight lock and key. As far as "if at all" goes, there will be K.I.T.T. and I've already covered what KITT is expected to look like in terms of signature details, Michael Knight, Devon Miles, Wilton Knight, and some others introducted. It has many of the same characters/character traits, but different actors for each role.

It won't be "different everything" because the characters remain as well as many of the fundamental elements from the original series concepts. It is not a complete reset where everything we've come to expect is thrown out the window.

=VK=
:dash:

Waveride iNC
Volunteer

Post by Waveride iNC » Fri May 02, 2008 2:44 am

I'm still new to the forum, would you mind pointing me in the right direction. I'm looking for your old post where you have described KITT's look. Thanks Victor and really glad your among us on these boards.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri May 02, 2008 9:08 pm

Waveride iNC wrote:I'm still new to the forum, would you mind pointing me in the right direction. I'm looking for your old post where you have described KITT's look. Thanks Victor and really glad your among us on these boards.
Well before I was using this particular statement

I cannot discuss any more details about what we're looking for in the new K.I.T.T. car that I haven't already said, sorry. As much as I'd love to just come out and say it, because of the fact we haven't yet secured rights would cause other companies out there to beat us to the punch then try to demand tremendous royalties once they secured the rights first.

So for now the car(s) we're looking at remain a mystery. I can tell you KITT will be black, have a red scanner light in the front grill, and will not be named KIFT, KITT will still be K.I.T.T.

But basically if you look in the KITT Car POLL you can get a lot of good information there, also "KITT in the new movie." I've pretty much said as much as I can about what sort of expectactions we have with where we're going to take the design of KITT, especially as opposed to NBC's Shelby Mustang version of him.

Hope that helps, and thank you for the compliment. Always nice to be appreciated, even if what news I can deliver is fairly limited for the time being. I'd rather announce concrete news that will go somewhere fast, then try and predict what will happen and hope it comes through.

=VK=
:dash:

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Fri May 02, 2008 9:31 pm

Honestly, I think having William Daniels in the new movie will be just as important as having Peter Cullen back in Transformers.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat May 03, 2008 2:41 am

Honestly, I believe the speculation that William Daniels is "done with that part of his career." The man is in his 80s, and my impression is that he's tired of reprising the role of K.I.T.T. (for whatever reason). Although if the producers of The Simpsons were able to get him to simply say "door ajar" for a single episode at one time, I don't understand why he'd pass on another great job opportunity. Perhaps due to his age, he is no longer concerned about finding that next part? Or maybe the 2-hour backdoor pilot was the nail in the coffin for him?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

MikeBKnight
Rookie

Post by MikeBKnight » Mon May 05, 2008 1:20 pm

I don't know, but I would LOVE to see William Daniels back as the voice of KITT. IMO, he is the ONLY true voice of KITT. I do understand the whole, new KITT, new voice thing too, however the new movie should at least attempt to have him in it for a part of it anyway. I think a LOT of fans would appreciate that.

Just my .02 cents.

stitch-656
Stranger

Post by stitch-656 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:57 pm

Why would you NOT use William Daniels as KITT, the youth don't care, and the original fans would watch the show for it and good scriptwriting.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:18 am

stitch-656 wrote:Why would you NOT use William Daniels as KITT, the youth don't care, and the original fans would watch the show for it and good scriptwriting.
I think it's more the question will Mr. Daniels want to do it. You also have to take his age into consideration. If the movie is to be the first of many (we all hope), you'd want to have someone who could be around for the years it would take to make more films. As the saying goes, his glass is more empty than full, and truly no offense is meant by this. I'm sure there's some way to get him into the film, in some ingenious way. We all take it for granted, but maybe they need to keep the voice a total mystery, so it appears that KITT really is his own self. The mystery would make it interesting enough.

kitt2012
Stranger

Post by kitt2012 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:46 pm

didnt william daniels pass away

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:49 pm

He is still alive, I think 85 years strong.

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Wed May 09, 2012 12:09 pm

Just saw him on an episode of 'Grey's Anatomy' where he played a Doctor giving board exams to residents. So, he's still working. He sure looks his age, though.