Great News for KITT Mustang Replica Builders!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Great New for KITT Mustang Replica Builders!

Post by krkitt1 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:01 pm

Thanks Taoworm, I just ordered the Car PC tonight so KITT should be talking in about a week. If you can, give me a call Monday night. Thanks Ted

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:19 am

taoworm2323 wrote:MP3car.com doesn't offer the CarPC we need for KI3T.
Ebay has some left though.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-PC-Intel-D945GC ... 19b2f221ac" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the new link to the CarPC part for the Knight 3000
(Not my auction)
hmm still in need of getting this but I figure I get the Kitt set up from
taoworm first and when i contacted this seller he told me there's a newer version of this car pc out now. that supports
up to 4 gig ram and he gives options now for 500 gig hd installed for 45 buckshttp://cgi.ebay.com/CAR-PC-ZOTAC-IONITX-D-E-Mini-ITX-Wi-Fi-M2-ATX-Slot-DVD_W0QQitemZ130346017989QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDesktop_PCs?hash=item1e593a64c5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; would this be good and oh I been paying attention to this seller for awhile sometimes this particular sell that's in this range or price he would add the options for a blue ray player dual layer dvd burner type for 100 something more but his price on his 500 gig hard drive upgrade went from 35 to 45 now so yeah in time I'm getting this one fully maxed upgraded would it effect the voltage in the car if anything? since it would be a bit more power then the subjusted car pc. Just curious as this is coming from the same guy.

For though's who are curious on battery power there is a way to have two car batteries installed without both killing each other out its by using a isolator here's some info on it but there is many auto shops that know how to wire this up for yah if you are worried about power supply http://www.ehow.com/how_6022502_wire-tw ... lator.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; That's one thing I had in question when I was thinking about making my kitt replica hehe.

Once i get all this sets for myself I'm pondering if I should get the Optimus maximus keyboard I heard its bulky and
I want it to fit in my glove compartment so I am hopping they have a smaller version soon or another company that
does simular to this keyboard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypXAJKF7 ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it's basically
one of the most high tech keyboards besides the laser light one where u press on any hard surface witch actually sucks lol. Besides the fact I am planning on getting the GT mustang mouse and modify it to kitt techinically all u need is the front light lol. witch can be seen here they sell it down here but I can never get the one I want lol always goes out fast http://www.amazon.com/Ford-Mustang-Stri ... 050&sr=8-4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:05 pm

Im curious to make a true KI3T replica does it have to be a 2005-2008 mustang or can it be a 2009?
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:30 pm

It can be an 05-09. They are all the same body. The 09 just has a few more goodys but nothing with the body. I have a 09 and I think Matt's and Taoworm's is an 07. I maybe wrong but I think thats what they said.

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:36 pm

blackthorntk wrote:hmm still in need of getting this but I figure I get the Kitt set up from
taoworm first and when i contacted this seller he told me there's a newer version of this car pc out now. that supports
up to 4 gig ram and he gives options now for 500 gig hd installed for 45 buckshttp://cgi.ebay.com/CAR-PC-ZOTAC-IONITX-D-E-Mini-ITX-Wi-Fi-M2-ATX-Slot-DVD_W0QQitemZ130346017989QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDesktop_PCs?hash=item1e593a64c5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; would this be good and oh I been paying attention to this seller for awhile sometimes this particular sell that's in this range or price he would add the options for a blue ray player dual layer dvd burner type for 100 something more but his price on his 500 gig hard drive upgrade went from 35 to 45 now so yeah in time I'm getting this one fully maxed upgraded would it effect the voltage in the car if anything? since it would be a bit more power then the subjusted car pc. Just curious as this is coming from the same guy.
Mine will be delivered on Friday. I can't wait to have KITT talk........... It's soo lonely around here..........well there's the wife and daughter but I'm soo lonely........hehehehehe

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:00 pm

yeah same i already put down my 300 :D for my future kitt 3000 hehe :D but did you check that keyboard and of course gata have a kitt replica mouse too in the kitt replica car lol. now my question and idea is how can we project he video scren on our windshield my best bet is to get a projector aiming at the windshield but ur windows need to be tinted to inorder to see it.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:56 am

blackthorntk wrote:now my question and idea is how can we project he video scren on our windshield my best bet is to get a projector aiming at the windshield but ur windows need to be tinted to inorder to see it.
It wouldn't work because the projection would go through the tint.

I have already worked out a perfect system.
I will be selling the K3000 H.U.D. System soon. :good:
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:11 pm

you can sign me up for all of them Taoworm heh.

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:38 pm

krkitt1 wrote:It can be an 05-09. They are all the same body. The 09 just has a few more goodys but nothing with the body. I have a 09 and I think Matt's and Taoworm's is an 07. I maybe wrong but I think thats what they said.
What kinda goodys do the 09s have?

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:42 pm

Well, I shouldn't have put it that way, but they have the 7 color lighting for the cupholder, backseat ,under the dash, 45 Annv. badges, bigger swaybars and different sparkplugs..... if you don't know about the plugs.... Ford has a major problem with the 4.6 and 5.4 sparkplugs breaking off in the cycl heads when removing them to replace and they were to correct that for 09.... I only have 16000 on mine but its good to take the out and clean the carbon off of them. Ford has a paper out on how to remove the old plugs without breaking them and if you do, then you pick out the parts of the plug or you have to remove the head. Also, it's newer than a 05 to 08....hehehehehe just kidding.

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:49 pm

i got a 2005 but it's a mustang coupe i figure I will get all the part's i need to convert it over in time. but for now I'm working on interior more so then exterior as the fun part of it is having the goodies inside the car heh.

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:52 pm

Thanks Krkitt,I had no idea about the sparkplugs,is it really that bad of a problem?

You have an 09 GT?

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:20 pm

Slade wrote:Thanks Krkitt,I had no idea about the sparkplugs,is it really that bad of a problem?

You have an 09 GT?
Yes, It's bad. Ford put out a video to there mech. to show the problem and how to remove them. Ford has a kit you can buy with a spray that helps remove the plugs. I do have a 09 GT 5 speed...... I got the 5 speed cause the wife don't know how to drive a stickshift..........hehehehehehehehe.... plus it's fun to drive.

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:36 pm

:P you make me want to sell my car and get a new one lol. kritt1

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:49 am

got a 08 never have this kind of problem but if it's spark problem it's just a swap

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:49 pm

Thanks KRkitt1 :)

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:44 pm

UPS just drop my Car PC off, now I have to wait til Monday for the CD Rom Drive to come. The only thing is they forgot to put the Installation Guide in the box but they emailed them to me. Pictures to come.

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:52 am

im curious if u want to do a true ki3t replica where would u put the car pc in since the other screen monitor goes infront of the whole radio dash because with my car pc i probably put cds and or dvds to play it

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:51 am

blackthorntk wrote:im curious if u want to do a true ki3t replica where would u put the car pc in since the other screen monitor goes infront of the whole radio dash because with my car pc i probably put cds and or dvds to play it

The CarPC can be mounted in the trunk or anywhere really.
The CD/DVD ROM drive is hooked up via USB cable so you can put it in a more accessible region of the car to slot load music or programs for KI3T.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:56 am

Image It's true, You can fit a lot of sh_ _ in a trunk of a Mustang.
Image Now I just have to run the wires and it will be ready for when the CD Rom Drive comes in on Monday. I should have KITT up and running for my first Car Show next weekend..... and also for my birthday!!

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:03 am

I also reworked the back drop. I lowered the letters so you could see it better.

Then:Image

Now:Image

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:38 pm

Wow nice :good:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:31 pm

I heard at the promotion for the knight rider 2008 movie pilot,David Hasselhoff was in the trunk of a kitt all tied up.I wonder if thats true or not.

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:57 pm

Well, everything is hooked up and I'm just waiting for the CD Rom Drive to come sometime on Monday and then it's download time!!! Can't wait to see KITT up and running.

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:17 am

LOL KRKITT1 u make me laugh lol. u could of gotten it with a low price upgrade from th same guy u bought ur car pc from u should of checked his other items a blue ray dvd burner that fits with it or side usb style i dont know for sure but basically it was blue ray with dual layer dvd burner for 135 bucks on the upgrade and 35 bucks more for the 500 gig upgrade but now its 45 apparently lol u should of listen to my post about it earlier lolor come on the forum live chat part more as i talked of it allot to the others that is on there every night. you probably would of saved yourself bundles of cash too lol.