Great News for KITT Mustang Replica Builders!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Great New for KITT Mustang Replica Builders!

Post by krkitt1 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:02 pm

I'm selling my scanner from my car. Anyone who wants to buy it, just email me.

Knightphoenix1
Recruit

Post by Knightphoenix1 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:09 pm

Ok, I'm having trouble here. Does KITT have a GT500 spoiler or a V6 pony package spoiler? And does anyone have any ideas about front licenes plate mounting, for the states that require it? There is a company that makes a hide away plate mount but that might be hard with the lowness of the car. Cause here in Texas, the cops do not like you not having it ON THE FRONT BUMPER. Really need help here on the spoiler part.

thanks. :spmgo:

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:05 pm

Hey, It's a V6 Pony Package spoiler. On the lic plate frame, Ford does have one for the Shelby front end. We have two plates here in ILL but I didn't want to put the holes in the bumper, I don't have a front plate and now watch me get stoped.hehehehehe.

lphill01
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by lphill01 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:32 pm

I've been running around without my front plate as well...

Knightphoenix1
Recruit

Post by Knightphoenix1 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:00 pm

Cool thanks guys.

Kn1ghtboy
Rookie

Post by Kn1ghtboy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:22 am

I've been doing the same with the license plate. I live in Texas & I don't have a license plate frame for my stang. I have it kinda stuck to the glass by the dash with this 2 way sticky glue. I've been pulled over & I've told them I'm not ruining my front fascia with an ugly license plate. I get warnings but that's all the state DPS officers do. In the city, the po po don't mind it since it's visible in the winshield.

StarCars
Recruit

Post by StarCars » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:06 pm

Hello all! As few of you know me, I've built a few KI2T replica's... the most popular being the one I sold to Glen, whom changed it into KARR and performed the ski stunt at the original KRFest. Now that I've had the opportunity to attend
the last 2 years KRFest 2&3 (KRFest 3 with my KI2T replica & A-Team van), I've recently acquired an 08 Mustang GT.
I've managed to get a set of the 18" 2010-11 wheels that closely resemble the correctly used 20" ($2K set) wheels.
Needless to say, I'm happy as others' views of the car around here as well. I also picked up a rear GT500 spoiler (also via ebay) for $60 (granted I had to paint it).

Anyway, I know I've stated long in the past that I don't have much time to get online and post in the forums much,
but I've been reading and watching this thread... and I too am looking at buying the parts.
So my questions are...
1. Where can I go online (web url) to order the parts to make the Orb piece for my dash? (Tao, do you have a url?)
2. I've bought the LED scanner and built one to work on my KI2T.. however I'm not sure what the dimensions are on
the KI3T scanner bars. Can someone help tell me what they are?
3. This thread has far surpassed any thread I have ever seen... and most of the links to places (old) have become
expired.. So I ask, can some of you repost the sellers ID on Ebay where the items are expired after 90 days?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.. Oh and one last thing... THANK YOU guys (and gals) for "Making A Difference". :wink: 8) :good:
StarCars Mike
Knights Of The SouthWest
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KOTSW/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Star Cars of Arizona
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StarCarsAZ/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My FB page
http://www.facebook.com/StarCarsUSA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sand Bagin

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:55 pm

Hello Mike, your friend John here. Hit me up on Facebook. As the owner of one of the most screen accurate KI3K Mustangs, I think I can help you out.

StarCars
Recruit

Post by StarCars » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:56 am

kitt2k wrote:Image

Hello Mike, your friend John here. Hit me up on Facebook. As the owner of one of the most screen accurate KI3K Mustangs, I think I can help you out.
Thanks John. I almost didn't find this thread again. LoL
StarCars Mike
Knights Of The SouthWest
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KOTSW/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Star Cars of Arizona
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StarCarsAZ/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My FB page
http://www.facebook.com/StarCarsUSA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sand Bagin

KoehlerIndustries
Recruit

Post by KoehlerIndustries » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:45 am

Sorry for my absence my fellow Knight Riders, I have been busy with alot in my personal life as well as making time for working on my KI3T replica. My outside conversion is almost complete. I have gone through the following changes so far since I have started the Replica Process- Front bumper, rear bumper, spoiler, side stripes, racing stripes, both in the Matte Black, Snake emblems on the fenders and the trunk emblem, and of coarse, the Trufiber Venom Hood with twist lock pins which Im sure we all agree is the best hood for the conversions so far. I have just ordered my Alcoa rims and waiting until after winter to have them put on. I recommend that if anyone is going with the Alcoa rims, you jump on it ASAP since they no longer make these anymore and whats left in stock at retailers is all thats left. I heard also that these Alcoa rims are popular with Corvette owners and they are going fast. I purchased mine at Champion Mustangs and I am very pleased. I thank you all for your information in helping me with my replica process and if any upcoming replica builders need any information, Im happy to assist along with everyone else here Im sure!

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:35 am

i ordered my alcoa rims too from champion mustang,can't wait to get theme .

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:35 pm

To let you all know for those who are doing KI3T replicas, Shelby has discontinued the Alcoas

Unless Shelby produces their own Alcoa style wheel, the Alcoas are very limited now.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:36 am

Shelby will not be making the SuperSnake rims themselfs, They are going with a new style of rim. Get them while you can. I was thinking of getting a extra 20X10 and 20X9, just in case. Right now, I'm getting the car ready for World Of Wheels. I need to make some of the props that KITT had to along with my display. Any close up pictures of any props would be greatful. Also, car show season is over here, KITT was in 12 shows and won 9 times. Not bad. We are also starting to look at houses back near Chicago so we can leave this place. One has a unfinish basement and it would be a great place for KITT's 29 Trophys. When is the chat room going to be back up, I miss it.

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:03 am

last I heard man, it won't be....

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:25 pm

im part of the Shelby Community, Alcoa Wheels and Shelby do not have an agreement anymore. the Style Alcoa wheel wont be produced anymore, because that was exclusive for Shelby American. I have no clue what the New SuperSnake wheel looks like yet, because it hasnt been announced. The new wheel might be announced before the Shelby American 50th Anniversary Tour begins at the Detriot Auto Show in January

They will probably run with the Alcoas until they run out, so like i said the Alcoas will be limited because Shelby might buy up the remaining Alcoas from places like Champion Mustang(since they have an agreement with Shelby American) so they will be only available for GT500KR or SuperSnake owners, in case an customer rims gets bent or whatnot.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

romeoknight
Volunteer

Post by romeoknight » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:35 pm

what's up guys im new to this :lol: ...im working on my mustang knight rider replica i was wondering if u guys could help me out with some stuff i want the voice box from the knight rider 2008 movie can anyone help? :good:

Knightphoenix1
Recruit

Post by Knightphoenix1 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:44 pm

Hey guys, I've been trying to find something on how to change the color on my cluster to blue. Right now their green and the car was special ordered those its a base model mustang it has the my color changing cup holders and floor lights. So any ideas on what I can do?

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:27 pm

Knightphoenix1 wrote:Hey guys, I've been trying to find something on how to change the color on my cluster to blue. Right now their green and the car was special ordered those its a base model mustang it has the my color changing cup holders and floor lights. So any ideas on what I can do?
Hey, Does your car have My Color? If so, then you can go to your setup with the car in park, it will give you three different grids to change colors to the way you want. I have mine to match my blue under the dash pad lights from KITT. I also have the cup holder and floor set on blue too.
romeoknight wrote:what's up guys im new to this :lol: ...im working on my mustang knight rider replica i was wondering if u guys could help me out with some stuff i want the voice box from the knight rider 2008 movie can anyone help? :good:
Send me a e-mail and I will let you know on the ORB and also on some other stuff for your car. Mine is about 80% done.

Knightphoenix1
Recruit

Post by Knightphoenix1 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:42 pm

I would think it does. If my cup holders and floor light up. But I don't have the botton on the center console.

lphill01
Operative

Post by lphill01 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:56 am

The two questions to answer on Mycolor- Do you have a 6-gauge cluster with the message center, and do you have the Info/Setup/Reset buttons (which are normally used to reset the tripmeter) to the left of the cig lighter in the dash? If you have those, then there's a good bet you have Mycolor.

Push Setup twice, which will bring you to the mycolor menu on the message center. Tap Reset to cycle through the differant Mycolor preset colors (blue's included), or cycle to the custom mycolor adjustment page (in, park or neutral) In that page, you can cycle adjust red blue and green hues on scales of 5 to create the 125 color combos.

Knightphoenix1
Recruit

Post by Knightphoenix1 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:26 pm

I only have the 4 gauge cluster. And I don't have the bottons to the left of the cig lighter. But my cup holder and floor light up.

dayneknight
Volunteer

Post by dayneknight » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:40 pm

Why are you selling your scanners?
Dayne

KoehlerIndustries
Recruit

Post by KoehlerIndustries » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:09 pm

Question. I just bought my Alcoa Supersnake Rims and was wondering what the tire sizes would be for the 20x9s and 20x10s. Im hearing all sorts of sizes on other Mustang sites but since we all have our KI3T replicas V6s or GTs, you all would know the best route! And any recommendations on a tire make?

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:43 am

That's a really good question!
Anybody want answer this one?
Ted what size tires do you have on your KITT's rims?
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:04 am

normaly 255 20 35 front 275 20 35 rear