Great News for KITT Mustang Replica Builders!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt2k
Operative

Re: Great New for KITT Mustang Replica Builders!

Post by kitt2k » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:12 pm

blackthorntk wrote:LOL KRKITT1 u make me laugh lol. u could of gotten it with a low price upgrade from th same guy u bought ur car pc from u should of checked his other items a blue ray dvd burner that fits with it or side usb style i dont know for sure but basically it was blue ray with dual layer dvd burner for 135 bucks on the upgrade and 35 bucks more for the 500 gig upgrade but now its 45 apparently lol u should of listen to my post about it earlier lolor come on the forum live chat part more as i talked of it allot to the others that is on there every night. you probably would of saved yourself bundles of cash too lol.
Wow, might have understood some of this with the magic of punctuation, capitalization and actual spelling.
You make me laugh blackthorntk with the quality of this post, and you probably have great advice to give too.

blackthorntk
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by blackthorntk » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:13 am

lol I'm from da islands of hawaii brah we talk in da bad gramma and slang kuz. Because we no kea(care).

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:36 pm

blackthorntk wrote:LOL KRKITT1 u make me laugh lol. u could of gotten it with a low price upgrade from th same guy u bought ur car pc from u should of checked his other items a blue ray dvd burner that fits with it or side usb style i dont know for sure but basically it was blue ray with dual layer dvd burner for 135 bucks on the upgrade and 35 bucks more for the 500 gig upgrade but now its 45 apparently lol u should of listen to my post about it earlier lolor come on the forum live chat part more as i talked of it allot to the others that is on there every night. you probably would of saved yourself bundles of cash too lol.
Well I'm glad that I made you laugh blackthorntk, The reason I got a external drive is because of where I installed my Car PC. It would be hard to to open the drive between the speakers, plus it's a better drive than what was offered. I only got the 160G because I realy don't need more than that. I have a 160G iPod and it has 7500 songs on it, I don't want to reload them onto the Car PC. I don't need a DVD player because I already have on in the car. I only paid $50.00 for the Samsung CD Rom drive. I'm getting ready to install the last disc so KITT should be up and running tonight. Pictures to come...... :D

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Im curious about the Insurance for a KI3T replica or a used mustang in general,what are you guys paying,is it anything special cuz its a replica car or show car?I hope Im makin sense :? ,Im just doing my homework 1st...
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by tamatt27 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:19 pm

Slade wrote:Im curious about the Insurance for a KI3T replica or a used mustang in general,what are you guys paying,is it anything special cuz its a replica car or show car?I hope Im makin sense :? ,Im just doing my homework 1st...
Insurance shouldn't be a factor just because it's a show car. My insurance company just lists mine as a '06 Mustang GT. If it's a V8, the insurance will naturally be more than if it's a V6.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:00 pm

Ah ok,I was just wondering,I have talked to my insurance company and they said Id be paying 100 bucks more every 6 months.That isnt too bad :)

One more thing Im wondering is how the gas mileage on one?

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:39 pm

Slade wrote:Ah ok,I was just wondering,I have talked to my insurance company and they said Id be paying 100 bucks more every 6 months.That isnt too bad :)

One more thing Im wondering is how the gas mileage on one?
Just remember: 'It's not the MILES per gallon.....it's the SMILES per gallon!' 8)
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:52 am

Well I just got a big birthday gift...... a GT500 TruFiber Venom Hood from my mom.... It should be here in about a week. Also KITT should be online sometime on Saturday..... Thanks Taoworm for helping me out......I told you I don't know computers..... I need my 11 year old daughter to show me how to run a computer..... kind of sad... what can I say, I'm old...

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:49 pm

tamatt27 wrote: Just remember: 'It's not the MILES per gallon.....it's the SMILES per gallon!' 8)
So good gas mileage then :lol: yes?

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:03 pm

Slade wrote:
tamatt27 wrote: Just remember: 'It's not the MILES per gallon.....it's the SMILES per gallon!' 8)
So good gas mileage then :lol: yes?
On the highway, my car averages about 25 MPG. Since I got my tuner, I could get better, but it's just so much fun to mash the pedal and smoke the rear tires! :twisted:

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:00 pm

LOL,I see what you mean :)

Tuner?Is that one of them computer things on the dash that helps you tune the output of your car?or am I thinkin of something diffrent? :?

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:42 pm

Slade wrote:LOL,I see what you mean :)

Tuner?Is that one of them computer things on the dash that helps you tune the output of your car?or am I thinkin of something diffrent? :?
Yes. I've got a handheld tuner that downloads a modified 'tune' into the ECM. I've got an economy tune, for MPG, and a 93 octane tune for power.

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:09 pm

tamatt27 wrote:

Yes. I've got a handheld tuner that downloads a modified 'tune' into the ECM. I've got an economy tune, for MPG, and a 93 octane tune for power.
do you have link to this program?
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:48 pm

Ah I see,thats cool Matt :wink:

Matt,do you use your car a daily driver or just occasionally?

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:15 pm

CJaguar442 wrote:
tamatt27 wrote:

do you have link to this program?
This is what I got:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/jlt-sct-0509gt-kit.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Slade, I usually drive it at least once a week, depending on weather. I just wrecked my daily driver HHR, though, so KI3T's playing double-duty for a few weeks. :roll:

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:21 pm

Ah sorry to hear about your daily driver,at least Ki3ts a back up :wink:

Nice tuner device too :wink:

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:32 pm

hey krkitt1 i noticed something with your pc set up for your car. it's next to two speakers man careful with that . This may cause your computer to wipe out its memory and or operation system and any data even the bios if them speakers magnets are strong enough it could happen. Just giving you heads up; because , like you said before you don't know much about computers so yeah that's definitely one thing you may want to avoid or it's bye bye car pc.

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:45 pm

Looks like Im late,it seems the 77KR117 plate is no longer available in California,not that I have the car now or anything but it would of been nice :(

I wonder if someone else in Cali has a KI3T replica and beat me to it :)

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:47 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: Holy crap people! :shock: :shock: :shock:
I just got news that my KI3T is not only getting fixed next month, but I am completing EVERYTHING on the car in May as well.
That means:
New hood
Bumper
Laser Hud
Holo Gauges
Access panel
Center Oled screen
EVERYTHING!

I can't wait!!
(Can you tell I'm excited?) :D

This is good news for everyone buying parts from me as well because I will have the means to build all of the prototypes and products needed for the completion of everyone's K3000 project! :good:
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:53 pm

taoworm2323 wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: Holy crap people! :shock: :shock: :shock:
I just got news that my KI3T is not only getting fixed next month, but I am completing EVERYTHING on the car in May as well.
That means:
New hood
Bumper
Laser Hud
Holo Gauges
Access panel
Center Oled screen
EVERYTHING!

I can't wait!!
(Can you tell I'm excited?) :D

This is good news for everyone buying parts from me as well because I will have the means to build all of the prototypes and products needed for the completion of everyone's K3000 project! :good:
AWESOME man!! Many congrads!! Can't wait to see the progress!!! 8)

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:58 pm

Thanks Matt! :D
I hope my car looks half as good as yours when completed!

I am aiming to blow everyone's mind with what I have in store...
This is going to be so much damn fun!
(God..I feel like a kid again!)lol

The next KR fest will be on levels of awesome unseen! I hope everyone that can make it to Las Vegas will be there. (I know I will!)

Oh and my next product for Knight 3000 replica owners...
KI3T's scanner...WITH SOUND! (Thats right people!)
Details coming in the next 2 months! :good:
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:19 pm

Thats sounds awesome Tao :D

A new scanner too,maybe I can put on on my car,well when I start,either way Im excited to see what you have in store for us :D :good:

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:07 pm

Thats great taoworm, Can't wait to see the car done and also see it in Vegas!!

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:43 pm

Hey Matt,you got your mustang used right?How was the mileage on the car,pretty high or low and did you get it a decent price when you bought it.I found a few used GTs in my area and Im just doing my homework :)

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:43 pm

Slade wrote:Hey Matt,you got your mustang used right?How was the mileage on the car,pretty high or low and did you get it a decent price when you bought it.I found a few used GTs in my area and Im just doing my homework :)
I got a decent deal, I think. I got mine last February and it was 3 years old with 29k miles on it. I payed around 17K for it. It's now got almost 39,500 miles now.