What sort of computer is in KITT?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MrSmith
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

What sort of computer is in KITT?

Postby MrSmith » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:24 am

In season one, in different episodes Michael plays video games on KITT's in dash TV screens, do we know what make or model of computer is used in the dashboard to run the video games?

:dash:

thanks

Parrain
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: What sort of computer is in KITT?

Postby Parrain » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:19 am

Hi!

Several Mattel Intellivision's games were used on Knight Rider.
http://knightrideronline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=199841

Some of them even illustrated a scanning action like "Auto Racing" in Forget me not or another one I forgot the name (Lock'n'Chase?) in Inside Out.

Atari 2600's games were exploited too, like the sound of KITT's analyzer extracted from "Milliped".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SqFHsliZ88

KITTfan
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Postby KITTfan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:55 pm

Found recently a used, working Mattel Intellivision for sale and decided to get it. Seller said this unit is from 1981. Also got the game "Space Battle" for it which was called "Space Cadet" in the episode "Nobody Does It Better". Pretty cool retro videogame device, never played Intellivision in it's day so it's completely new system to me.
Fun to play the same game Bonnie and Michael played in that episode :) As Michael Knight said: "You're never too old to play videogames" and I agree at 42 years old :D
Here's few photos, placed the Hotwheels 1/18 KITT next to the Intellivision to give an idea about it's size. Funny how they both are from the same company, Mattel :)

The box of the Space Battle game:

Screenshot of the Space Battle game (taken from good old CRT TV screen)
Image[/url]

Love the design of the game cartridges, when placed like this, they remind me of KITT's dash top countdown :D

Earlier got also new "Retro Arcade" game with 200 games in it. Similar looking thing like the Pacman tabletop videogame Devon got in the episode mentioned above. Unfortunately, according to info I found online, this game probably doesn't have Pacman. Haven't verified that though as I haven't tried yet all games. There's at least not a game titled Pacman in the games menu I went through.

Hope to find the Auto Racing -game for Intellivision as well.

KITTfan
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Postby KITTfan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:59 pm

Received today the Auto Racing game for Intellivision :)
Bought also recently a used Playstation 2 to play Intellivision Lives game compilation and of course, Knight Rider game by Davilex. Actually I have only the Knight Rider 2 game for it so far, might add the first Knight Rider game as well if I find it.
Never had Playstation 2 system before, only the original Playstation and PS3 Slim.

Return to “General Discussion”