~ Curious to know ~

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Stargazer
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

~ Curious to know ~

Post by Stargazer » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:39 pm

Curious to know if there are any pictures of William Daniels behind the wheel of a KITT car.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:28 pm

As far as I know, there isn't any. If I recall right, he had wanted to stay mysterious so that the car would have an identity of it's own. That's why you never saw in the credits anything like "Voice of KITT.... William Daniels" in the episodes of Knight Rider, etc.

However, it sure would be great if he was photographed behind the wheel of a KITT car. :)

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:35 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:As far as I know, there isn't any. If I recall right, he had wanted to stay mysterious so that the car would have an identity of it's own. That's why you never saw in the credits anything like "Voice of KITT.... William Daniels" in the episodes of Knight Rider, etc.

However, it sure would be great if he was photographed behind the wheel of a KITT car. :)
This I know is true, however I was hoping that there were some photos hidden away somewhere that may have surfaced after the end of the 4th season or of late.

I never guessed that photos of the different KITT cars would have come out on the net. Like the convertible mode half trailer, the building of the SPM car, etc.....

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:14 pm

I think he had a few guest spots on baywatch driving a black sports car. Don't know if it was a Firebird or what.

Wasn't a KITT, however.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:15 am

I also remembered the Mr. Daniels' part was recorded off-set. So he rarely if ever got to visit the set or the actors, etc. I think it's in the DVD interview that the first time that David Hasselhoff met William Daniels was six months later at the Christmas Party. They didn't even know each other at the time. :) So I'd expect that Mr. Daniels might not have had a chance to get near a KITT car anyway.

Also, he was busy at the same time playing a part in St. Elsewhere and was doing KITT on the side.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:19 am

Army_F_Body wrote:I think he had a few guest spots on baywatch driving a black sports car. Don't know if it was a Firebird or what.

Wasn't a KITT, however.
Are you thinking of Edward Mulhare (who played Devon) by any chance? I know that is the only one I can think of from the KR cast that also starred in Baywatch a couple times. I don't remember William Daniels in it. What part did he play?

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:41 am

FuzzieDice wrote:Are you thinking of Edward Mulhare (who played Devon) by any chance? I know that is the only one I can think of from the KR cast that also starred in Baywatch a couple times. I don't remember William Daniels in it. What part did he play?
Edward Mulhare is quite a distinguished gentleman, so he would have easily been spotted in Baywatch.

Would you have jumped in your armchair and yelled "ooh.. that's William Daniels!" if you'd seen him driving a black T-Top? I don't even know what Mr Daniels looks like.. does anyone have an image to post?

AP

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:37 am

Google image search for William Daniels:

http://images.google.com/images?q=willi ... a=N&tab=wi
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:04 am

FuzzieDice wrote:
Army_F_Body wrote:I think he had a few guest spots on baywatch driving a black sports car. Don't know if it was a Firebird or what.

Wasn't a KITT, however.
Are you thinking of Edward Mulhare (who played Devon) by any chance? I know that is the only one I can think of from the KR cast that also starred in Baywatch a couple times. I don't remember William Daniels in it. What part did he play?
I never have seen a single epsidoe of Baywatch so this is just what I heard. Williams Daniels wasn't a guest star per se, he was just kinda in the background as an easter egg I guess.

Again this is just what I heard :wink:
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:49 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:Google image search for William Daniels:

http://images.google.com/images?q=willi ... a=N&tab=wi
*slaps head* :lol:

I knew that was coming.. :P Actually.. he does look familiar.

AP

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:38 pm

Army_F_Body wrote: I never have seen a single epsidoe of Baywatch so this is just what I heard. Williams Daniels wasn't a guest star per se, he was just kinda in the background as an easter egg I guess.
I used to watch Baywatch and it was pretty good. Easter egg? Dang! I wish I had seen that! I wouldn't have recognized him though at the time. I didn't watch too many episodes of Baywatch though.

As for those who are looking for WD pics:

When he was the President of Screen Actor's Guild

Mr. Daniels as SAG President: Look at the bottom of this for the name of the author! :lol:

A good variety of pictures of Mr. Daniels