Hello

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pp303
Stranger
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Hello

Post by pp303 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:45 am

I am a fan of Knight Rider. I am also a fan of another Larson series Battlestar Galactica. K.I.T.T reminded me of a Cylon with the roving sensor in front of the car. I run my own Battlestar Galactica site.

ANDREWHEARNE
Rookie

Post by ANDREWHEARNE » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:46 pm

Welcome aboard :)

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:53 pm

welcome. :)

Becky

TashaKnight
Rookie

Post by TashaKnight » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:09 pm

Welcome. Have a seat and take a look around.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:19 pm

Welcome. :)

I like BG too. And I thought the same thing. In fact, Glen Larson in an interview on the DVD said they kinda designed it that way because he loved the cylon eye thing so he decided to put it on KITT. :) Worked well as that is probably KITT's most prominant feature.

pp303
Stranger

Post by pp303 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:25 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:Welcome. :)

I like BG too. And I thought the same thing. In fact, Glen Larson in an interview on the DVD said they kinda designed it that way because he loved the cylon eye thing so he decided to put it on KITT. :) Worked well as that is probably KITT's most prominant feature.

BG is far from finished. Larson owns the theatrical rights. I wrote a letter, one of many to him asking for a Battlestar Galactica continuation movie.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:14 am

FuzzieDice wrote:Welcome. :)

I agree. I've been staring at a scanner-less KITT for about three months now and can't wait to get it running. The car looks too plain without it.

Welcome aboard pp03 :D
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:56 am

Welcome to the site :)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:57 am

Army_F_Body wrote: I agree. I've been staring at a scanner-less KITT for about three months now and can't wait to get it running. The car looks too plain without it.
I thought yours had a scanner? Or it does but not hooked up? I saw your progress at your site recently and I say you're doing wonderful. :)

My car is scannerless too right now but maybe next year, hopefully, I can get done with the major maintenance it still needs and work on the effects. I'll want to get a spoiler too. Thing is, I don't have a lot of $$ to work with on the project. So I do a little at a time.

I want a white scanner in a hood scoop on mine though. :)
Last edited by FuzzieDice on Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:06 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:
Army_F_Body wrote:
FuzzieDice wrote: I agree. I've been staring at a scanner-less KITT for about three months now and can't wait to get it running. The car looks too plain without it.
I thought yours had a scanner? Or it does but not hooked up? I saw your progress at your site recently and I say you're doing wonderful. :)

My car is scannerless too right now but maybe next year, hopefully, I can get done with the major maintenance it still needs and work on the effects. I'll want to get a spoiler too. Thing is, I don't have a lot of $$ to work with on the project. So I do a little at a time.

I want a white scanner in a hood scoop on mine though. :)
It has a scanner bar and a fused switch in the overhead that turns everything on, but I don't have the controll module yet that makes everything work and controlls the speed of the lights.

Thanks for the kind words :D . I agree with you on the money thing. I'm trying to get a taillight blackout for it but I just heard the shipping cost in addition to the principle $85 dollar cost and about had a heart attack. I'm so broke it aint funny, and I still need a set of tires for KITT. This is not a hobby for the faint at heart :evil:
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:36 pm

Army_F_Body wrote: Thanks for the kind words :D . I agree with you on the money thing. I'm trying to get a taillight blackout for it but I just heard the shipping cost in addition to the principle $85 dollar cost and about had a heart attack. I'm so broke it aint funny, and I still need a set of tires for KITT. This is not a hobby for the faint at heart :evil:
You got that right. I too am working on a very limited budget. Hat's off to you (and all those others) who despite the lack of funds still keep their dream alive and keep working on it. I think in the long run, it just makes the cars all the more special because of all the effort that goes into them.

And now I restarted another hobby I had since I was a kit: Model Car Building. Picked up an unknown type car (looks like one of those FF cars) at a dollar store and am redoing it to look better. Die cast and plastic. Like I need another hobby. LOL! I'm watching for those KITT/KARR and T/As too.