Question on TKR

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:34 pm

I'm sorry midnite but your examlpes don't work. Battlestar Galactica only had one season. (Galatica 1980 was much more a spin-off series than a new season.) Buck Rogers only had 2 seasons. So you can't use those as examples of shows going beyond season 3.

I believe Star Trek TNG, DS9, and Voyager all improved around seasons 3-4 and didn't fall until the final seasons.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:34 pm

Although I disagree with you guys on the idea of if the new movie should continue where any of the spin-offs left off or whether it should ignore everything and start fresh, I do think that the movie will actually start fresh and ignore other spin-offs.

Again, continuing where Knight Rider 2000 left off is what I'd personally like to see (if anything just a brief reference to what happened to the Knight 4000, just like the brief explanation of the Knight 2000 being dismantled; I think McCormick and Maddock were actually kind of forgettable characters even though some closure on them would be nice). But like I said, there's a good possibility they might just start fresh with it.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

midniterider
Recruit

agree to disagree

Post by midniterider » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:37 pm

I'm sorry to disagree with you Michael P, but Battlestar Galactica 1980 was a complete failure and did no credit to season one (flying motorcycles, beaming from their earthly jail cell when no such indication of this technology was ever used in the original season). It wasn't really considered a spin-off, but a continuation of the actual series because the Cylons, Colonial Vipers and Galactica itself were used. Typically, a spin-off doesn't use any of the original props/devices. Airwolf also suffered misfortune with that trio of unknowns in it's last season. It had none of the human passion the original crew carried. I do agree with you however, when you say that Star Trek-TNG continued to fly straight, although you could detect the marked change in quality after Gene Roddenberry died. Star Trek (The Original Series) became absolutely embarrassing towards the end. I used season 3 as the rule, not the exception (which always happens of course). Some serie's producers are so bad that they negatively affect a show only after season 1.

Good discussion!