Viewing KITT from KR The Game in Zmod or 3DS Max

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Viewing KITT from KR The Game in Zmod or 3DS Max

Post by ReddawgKnight » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:48 am

I was wondering if its possible to view the KITT model from KR The Game 1 in Zmodeler or 3DS max...and if it is possible...how would i go about Viewing it?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:48 pm

Are you planning on fixing it so that you can use it as a model for vice city?I was one step ahead of you 5 months ago.I wanted to do the same thing.EXCEPT my friend recomended milksop or milkshape.with the proper plug in update i think ti can b done.Its hard to find a dff suported format.Its like it was made for GRAND THEFT AUTO specialy made.

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:55 pm

I was thinking of having a friend of mine convert the Davilex model to NFS 6 Hot Pursuit 2 or even the GTA games...the only problem now is how i would be able to view it some how in a 3D modeling program?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:00 pm

I'm getting very close to perfecting the second version of kitt for vice city.I used a base model someone made by the name of Knightfan.Wish he would have left an email.I guess he didn't want to be contacted.I sure could use some help.I have so far replaced the voicemodulator,speedometer,techometer,scanner,license plate.I want to try to change the 2 screen to a 1 screen to mak the dash more accurate.So far its a season 4 dash with season 2 screens.I want to release it soon with a special pack to rplace Michael Knight with the main player.I need help with the interior and exterior model too.The t top is too pointy in the center of the roof.There are no turn signa areas.The interior problems are that i hav a picture file to show me where the parts of the interior go but some areas never existed like the button pods or the lower and upper console.I also wanted to do the accelerator.It is very hard finding all the right pictures with the right lighting and resolution.

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:08 pm

I may have good news that sounds promissing for Knight Rider fans...i got a friend of mine who is a forum Member at NFSCars.net who is concidering on creating a all new scratch made KITT,KARR or SKAR for any game that its needed to be put in...the only prob is potential converters for certain games may be needed...So id say in about 2 months Tops there can possibly be a New KITT,KARR.or even SKAR may be available...time and certain permissions permitting of course :kitt: :karr: :skar: :lol:

knightfan40
Volunteer

Here I am

Post by knightfan40 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:36 am

You are looking for me (the maker of the KITT for Vice City)?
In the readme you can find my mail adress, so I think you have a really old version of KITT. The newest version is number 4 and can be downloaded from http://www.knightfan.tk

Steven

PS 1 Please contact me if you are going to change the car, it's forbidden to change it without my permission!
PS 2 I am now working on KITT again: Version 5

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:59 pm

Hi,I wanted to contact you a while ago before I modified the car.All I was able to do was change the dash,scanner and license plate.I also tried to get the overhead console right but the problem I run into is the txd.The exterior is missing the turn signals.,the lights have a 3 yellow light simaler to the new kitt model comming out.But its the best one I've seen so far.I picked it to work with because its the closest one to the actual car.I have a bunch of suggesions for the car.Maybe we can work on it together and make the best kitt ever for vice city?

The last kitt I saw produced for vice is the one thats huge.It makes Michael look like a 12 year old.Was that yours?The first one was pretty good.The second was the best.

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:32 pm

I know nothing about Zmod or anything so thats not my model...come to think of it i cant model worth a damn....i placed this topic to see who has been able to get the KITT from Knight Rider 1 viewable in Zmod or even 3D Max,or if there has been any new models of KITT or even KARR Created for any driving games within the past year or so? :D

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:53 am

Knightfan,I checked out the latest version of kitt you have out.Its cool except the dash should be kept accurate fo season 2 or 3 and its a little too big.Can you scale it down like 30-40%? I think the rear is bent for some reason.Other then that I like it.

knightfan40
Volunteer

Post by knightfan40 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:21 pm

I am working on a new version (5!!) now. I'll totally rebuild the whole car; I still couldn't like my old one.
There will be a new interior too, I'll take a look at the dash shape for ya.
I let you know when the basic model is finished, hope you can give me some criticism then.

Greetz,

Steven

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:11 pm

Maybe I can be your beta tester for the 5th version.You send it to me and I will give you all the criticism you can handle and then some.I tried to get the version u made to be as close as accurate as possible.I worked on it and made it better and better.I criticized myself. lol.I'll send over the file to your email soon.Tell me what you think.

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:29 am

Ill be checkin up on ur guys progress on the new KITT model...i hope it will be bad ass though

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:04 am

Any updates yet on the newer model being created..?

Any at all??