Knight Rider at the fair! :D

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

shadowsmeowmix
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider at the fair! :D

Post by shadowsmeowmix » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:31 pm

I went to the puyallip fair today, (the last weekend of it o.o) and mainly walked around in the vending, crafts, and hobby areas of the fair. I walked into the hobby building and walked around a bit then spotted a Knight Rider collection in a glass booth! :D I squealed and ran over to it whipping out my camera phone taking quick snapshots so I wouldn't be left behind by the group of people I was with. Im sorry for such poor quality pics but it's the best I could do. Man, this guy had every piece of original Knight Rider merchandise. I was definitely jealous. I really want the lunch box and thermos :\ Heh I think if you look really hard you can kinda see my reflection in the glass in some of the pictures. XD

http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/use ... 222/265445
http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/use ... 227/265445
http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/use ... 231/265445
http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/use ... 236/265445
http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/use ... 240/265445
http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/use ... 242/265445
http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/use ... 244/265445
http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/use ... 246/265445

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:56 am

Wow, that is an awesome find shadowsmeowmix...thanks for sharing the photos. Even though you used a camera phone, the images are quite good. I share your jealousy with the guy who owns that collection, he practically has every photo and toy associated with Knight Rider. He is also probably a modeller...and a good one at that. He even has scratch-built replicas of the SPM and convertible KITT (with donor cars from AMT). I'd give his collection a "drooling" factor of 9 out of 10. I'd make it a 10 if he drives around a KITT replica.

KnightRiderGirl
Rookie

Post by KnightRiderGirl » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:13 pm

Wow.....that's an awesome collection. I think I'm now going to officialy start one since I NOW have a job....I don't know what my first piece of stuff to buy will be though

shadowsmeowmix
Volunteer

Post by shadowsmeowmix » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:06 pm

HondaSiR-

That would be so COOL if he had a KITT replica too :D VERY drool worthy.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:16 am

Very nice!!! I really envy the person who owns all that KR stuff.... Wld love to get my hands on the diecast Aoshima FLAG trailer as seen in the fourth pic...

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:13 am

The Super Pursuit Mode K.I.T.T., Knight 4000, and Convertible Mode K.I.T.T.s are truly awesome. I've never seen a model of SPM or Convertible mode before. If those are AMT converted models, I thought the AMT models were smaller as in 1/24th scale? The converted ones are the same size as the Knight 2000 Voice Car, which is fairly large (don't know its scale, but I'm guessing roughly 10 inches long).
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:23 am

I too would love the SPM model!! Very interesting indeed

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:26 pm

Lost Knight wrote:If those are AMT converted models, I thought the AMT models were smaller as in 1/24th scale? The converted ones are the same size as the Knight 2000 Voice Car, which is fairly large (don't know its scale, but I'm guessing roughly 10 inches long).
The AMT/MPC model kits (in this case, heavily modified kits) are 1:25 in scale. The car on the upper left most side of the display cabinet (the one with the red Knight 2000 on the door) is not the talking Kenner KITT on the other pics. It's another version of KITT that is diecast, probably the one with a hole on the roof where you stick in a stickshift to make the car move. Its got some sort of friction motor or gears inside to make the rear wheels spin. I forgot its exact name but its definitely not the talking KITT.

On another note, the talking Kenner KITT is probably around 1:13 in scale, by far the largest toy KITT replica ever made (excluding go carts) and the only KITT that includes a poseable Michael Knight figure.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:02 pm

Good eye, HondaSiR. That upper left K.I.T.T. looked exactly like the toy Voice Car because of the "Knight 2000" red lettering on the doors. I always hated that lettering on the doors as a kid because KITT never had it, but since it's such a large toy, nowadays I actually think it toy looks better with the lettering on it. I know because I've tried putting black electrical tape on the bottom of each door, and to me the car actually looked like it was missing something, so I took it off and keep it as is.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Oh, by the way the name of that car you're talking about was the Turbo Booster.

Knight452
Operative

Post by Knight452 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:32 pm

Wow, :shock: Who ever owns all that stuff must have extra security.
I had no idea about the Other KR toys and whatnot.
:cry: I wish I still had my kenner's talking kitt.(I broke it as a Kid)

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:26 pm

I know I'm overly happy you had a camera period. I have to add my voice to the many thanks that you were there and knocked off a couple of shots.

The Fair is in progress here in Dallas TX, so I will see if I run across a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow myself.

Thanks again for the share of your great find!

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:30 pm

Oh, forgot to ask, what kind of booth was that in or did you get a name of the guy that had the stuff or anything I can use for a reference?

shadowsmeowmix
Volunteer

Post by shadowsmeowmix » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:20 pm

Stargazer-

Iam sorry, I don't know the name of the guy who owned the collection. But I was in a "Hobby" building that had tons of other collections from other TV series and such. I hope for when you go to the fair you find some coool knight rider stuff :D I was quite shocked when I found this! ^^

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:23 pm

shadowsmeowmix wrote:Stargazer-

Iam sorry, I don't know the name of the guy who owned the collection. But I was in a "Hobby" building that had tons of other collections from other TV series and such. I hope for when you go to the fair you find some coool knight rider stuff :D I was quite shocked when I found this! ^^
OK Shadow. I was going to go today, but the on and off threat of rain kept me from going today.

I may try and go next Thursday or Friday...... x fingers crossed x

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:37 pm

shadowsmeowmix wrote:Stargazer-

Just out of curiosity, what other displays have they got? Did they have an Airwolf, The A-Team, Starsky & Hutch, etc.? Man I would have loved to have been there.

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:37 pm

Went to the State Fair of Texas yesterday and sadly enough, I wasn't able to find any hobby stands so to speak of. Only the arts and crafts building came close and nothing in there came close to what I was after.

So, my envy continues... LOL.

I believe you ran across something local with the K.R. models being on display.

I would love to know more about the person that did them, however I am truely glad you got the photos all the same.

BTW....... I went to the Auto Show and stopped by the Pontiac section. I was transfixed with a Grand Prix they had on display and one of the show girls came over and asked if I had any questions or comments.... aside from asking where the air bag came out of on the passenger side (of what she could not answer since there didn't seem to be any seams that either of us could find), I asked where the Grand Am s were. I guess I didn't know that line has been discontinued. I replied about all of the Am s being has beens and remarked about the killing of the T.A.s off the market.