NEW FILM KNIGHTRIDER VS THE A TEAM

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

K.I.T.T UK
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

NEW FILM KNIGHTRIDER VS THE A TEAM

Post by K.I.T.T UK » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:53 pm

OK THIS IS HOW THE FILM IS SET OUT A LOW TIME CROOK HIRES THE A TEAM TO PROTECT HIM FROM THE BIG CITY CRIMES LORDS BUT HE IS ALSO WANTED BY FLAG(foundation for law and goverment)FOR SOME EARLIER CRIME SO MICHEAL KNIGHT AND KITT HAVE TO TACKLE THE TEM OF HANNIBEL , BA , FACE AND MURDOCK TO GET THEIR MAN WHO WOULD WIN THIS CONTEST THE BRAINS OF THE A TEAM OR THE BRAINS OF MICHEAL AND KITT WHAT DO U GUYS THINK WOULD THIS MAKE AN EXCELLENT FILM OR WHAT
im warning you devon im going to put this thing to the test

themarvelous3
Operative

Post by themarvelous3 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:01 pm

the A-Team was a bunch of pansies. i hated that show. and i'm getting tired of "Vs." movies too (freddy vs. jason, aliens vs. predator) they are just geek movies that always suck (so far) especially AvP...let's take a look...

Alien = rated R
Aliens = rated R
Aliens 3 - whatever (4?, 6?) = rated R

Predator = rated R
predator2 = rated R
predators straight to video = rated R

Aliens Vs. Predator = rated PG-13!!!!

obviously just made for money. pathetic

but thats just my 2 cents.

...or maybe it was a little more than 2. : )

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:52 pm

How could Knight Rider and The A-Team be pitched against each other in a movie? Both of them were the GOOD GUYS in their series runs! This is just not possible. I don't think their respective movie outfits would put either of them in a bad light.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:54 am

Well the idea of having good guys fighting eachother isn't necessarily reason enough to make that movie idea impossible. If a movie like that were ever made however, I don't see any way that it could not be made into a parody like Starsky & Hutch and possibly the upcoming Dukes Of Hazzard movie, being that The A-Team seemed a lot more goofy and comedic than Knight Rider. That's not to say that Knight Rider didn't have its humorous moments either, but in general I think it was a bit more serious than The A-Team. In the Marvel Comic Book universe for example, their super-heroes fight and bicker with eachother all the time (Thing vs. Hulk, Daredevil vs. The Punisher, etc.).

Even in the X-Men movies, Wolverine bickers with Cyclops over Jean Grey, showing that just because they're good guys, doesn't mean they have to get along and like eachother. The idea in those comics were that if a real enemy came along, it would be apparent that the heroes would set aside their differences and join forces. There is talk of an upcoming Superman Vs. Batman movie, which may be made and is supposed to use that plot idea, so anything is possible when Hollywood wants to make a buck.

But I think if a "versus" movie is to be made, it should only be made with well known or household name characters, in order to make people care enough to see the franchises brought together. That seems to be the apparent formula for these movies, Freddy Vs. Jason, Alien Vs. Predator, the upcoming Chucky Vs. Leprechaun, etc. I'm not quite sure the 80s television shows are quite household named enough compared to the likes of Superman or Spider-Man for example, in order to conceive a movie idea with those two franchises.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

themarvelous3
Operative

Post by themarvelous3 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:11 pm

is that what the new chucky movie is? i know its called the Seed of Chucky and they are having a baby but all the preview shows is the baby in the womb. no details. those movies sucked too

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:30 pm

many ppl don't know the reason why AvsP was PG....the director has a R cut of the film but the studio wanted a lot of stuff cut, much to the dispute of the director and they will be releasing the proper R version on dvd.

btw, i'm a fan of vs films..i say bring them on.

however, KR vs a team wouldn't work, they are both heroes...why would one of them turn bad?
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:46 pm

Comic Books have often pitted good guys against eachother, and there was a lot of talk for a while about a "Superman vs. Batman" movie. It's not hard to force good guys to fight eachother: suppose a super-villain framed Michael to make it look like he killed BA's fiance, and framed Face as committing espionage against FLAG. Boom, instant battle, but of course at the end of the movie they realize what's going on, join forces to fight the baddies.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:00 am

The Chucky movie in the previews currently is about him having a kid and meeting a female doll :lol: tough to describe the plot without laughing. Nothing to do with any "versus" theme.

The Chucky Vs. Leprechaun is, as far as I know of, not in production yet and is just a rumor last I heard, I think more along the lines of being discussed among producers. I really don't know much about that though if it's in production, if it isn't even an idea, or if it will ever come out. Personally I couldn't care less, Freddy Vs. Jason, okay, Alien Vs. Predator alright, but taking Chucky seriously is just a lot harder for me.

KnightRiderGirl
Rookie

Post by KnightRiderGirl » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:55 pm

This would be just plain weird and dumb. They wouldn't even have any weapons that can hurt Kitt! If they ever made a movie like this....I don't know what I would do. :x

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:02 pm

"I pity da fool who drives that car."

"Oh please. What are you going to do? Build an army from a plastic bottle and sticky tape?"

"... I rest my case."

*roll credits*

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:33 pm

i dont know...... mr. T could probably destroy kitt with his bare hands ;)

i don't thisk this idea would work.the A-team would never protect a criminal(wether it be a big time or small time criminal) from the law unless the law was corrupt,let alone fight good guys to protect the bad guy.i give it 2 thumbs down.

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:38 pm

don't know...... mr. T could probably destroy kitt with his bare hands

i would have to disagree with you on this because of the simple fact that kitt has been hit with almost ever thing I can think of and still could at lest talk.

OK THIS IS HOW THE FILM IS SET OUT A LOW TIME CROOK HIRES THE A TEAM TO PROTECT HIM FROM THE BIG CITY CRIMES LORDS BUT HE IS ALSO WANTED BY FLAG(foundation for law and goverment)FOR SOME EARLIER CRIME SO micheal KNIGHT AND KITT HAVE TO TACKLE THE TEM OF HANNIBEL , BA , FACE AND MURDOCK TO GET THEIR MAN WHO WOULD WIN THIS CONTEST THE BRAINS OF THE A TEAM OR THE BRAINS OF MICHEAL AND KITT WHAT DO U GUYS THINK WOULD THIS MAKE AN EXCELLENT FILM OR WHAT

what

KnightRider2000
Operative

KITT vs General Lee

Post by KnightRider2000 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:56 pm

In my lifetime, I would like to see KITT turbo boost through the side of the General Lee, like he did to that van in season 1. WHO'S WITH ME???!!!

-KnightRider2000

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:07 pm

I'd much rather see KITT and Air Wolf against KARR and Goliath.

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:08 pm

I cannot seem to stop laughing at this one. Thanks Sith!!!!!!
Sith wrote:Image

"I pity da fool who drives that car."

"Oh please. What are you going to do? Build an army from a plastic bottle and sticky tape?"

"... I rest my case."

*roll credits*

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:24 pm

Stargazer wrote:I'd much rather see KITT and Air Wolf against KARR and Goliath.
No contest. Airwolf wins even if pitted against KITT, KARR and Goliath combined. Why? Airwolf has overwhelmingly superior capability of flight! And she (yes, Airwolf has always been known as "The Lady" in the series) even has the equivalent of the Molecular Bonded Shell, capable of withstanding the force of a missile (Airwolf had a direct hit with one in one episode and survived!) Not to mention that Airwolf has the arsenal to match (chain guns and missiles). Granting that KITT and KARR have powerful lasers installed, its a question of them hitting Airwolf, a very fast and maneuverable aircraft with its own "turbo-boost"! And Goliath? That semi's only hope of crushing Airwolf is when they catch Stringfellow Hawke refuelling or urinating on the ground...all Goliath has to do is run through the hapless chopper and pilot (its a long shot really) :D

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:15 pm

K.I.T.T. can Micro-Jam Airwolf and take her to the ground though, as he did with helicopters after he had that feature installed.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:59 pm

They would have to get within range of Airwolf to do that. And Airwolf also has a high-tech computer on board, it probably has anti-jamming capabilities. Airwolf's creator, Muffet, wasn't an easy pushover really :)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:18 pm

Probably so, I haven't seen Airwolf since I was a child so I definately don't know much about it. I never even see it on reruns anywhere for some reason.