London Boxset Release using my KITT

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Menace
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

London Boxset Release using my KITT

Post by Menace » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:29 pm

Hi Guys,

Tomorrow, the 13th September is the official release for the season 1 Boxset release in the UK. My car is being used for all promotional advertising in the UK.
I will let you know each night, how it went. Tomorrow's schedule is lots of radio work with the car being used to create massive interest.
The following stations will be doind something Knight Rider related:

1: Virgin Radio
2: Radio 1
3: Radio 2
4: Heart FM
5: Captial FM

I don't know what they are planning exactly but it will be in the morning shows, i have a 6.45am start.
Loads more happening, i'll keep you informed.

Thanks

Vinny

choccy
Volunteer

Post by choccy » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:41 pm

Dude, ever fancy coming down to croydon so I may see your Kitt?

When I was really young, someone in my area (croydon) drove past me and my dad one time near my house in a Kitt, it was awsome.

Id love to have my pic taken with Kitt.

Regards

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:54 pm

WOW! i believe it's everyone's dream to be on the cover of something that cool.
congrats, Menace - you probably deserve it :D

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:21 pm

Hey Menace, how about a link with pics of your car? Or at least the UK box set?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:07 pm

I think what he means is they will use his car for the promotionals for the release, but the image on the box set itself is of the Universal Studios K.I.T.T. - I could be wrong, but that's how I read his post. :)

Vinny - that is GREAT news! You and your car are becoming quite famous this year. :)

Menace
Rookie

UK Season 1 relaease day 1

Post by Menace » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:41 am

Hi Guys,

First day done. Really early start, 6.45am and lots of rain. Once the rain finally stopped it was good. Mostly displying the car by the radio staions so the dj's and people could look at it.
Also went to a Dreamwatch magazine which is a Sci Fi mag.
Tomorrow is a photoshoot with a magazine which will do a funny Knight Rider story. Tonight i am doing a TV programme which about David, but more so his performance on Chicago and his fans.
So some rest now and off i go tonight.

CHOCCY...PRIVATE MESSAGE ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER AS YES I CAN GO TO CROYDON. I AM ACTUALLY THERE TOMORROW MORNING FOR ANOTHER SCIFI MAGAZINE AND YOU ARE WELCOME TO COME ALONG.Vinny

hm
Rookie

Post by hm » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:14 am

8)
hi im new to the baord.
im just wondering if you could tell me what magazine that they will do the funny knight rider story for and what tv show you are doing and when it will be aired.
thankyou

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:53 am

Hey Vinny

Thats great news indeed dude!! Cognrats on that! Be sure to post pics when its all done mate! Great stuff

Nick

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:06 pm

Congrats Vinny! Your whirlwind of Knight Rider continues! What a year! Thanks for keeping us informed as usual!

Lost Knight: These are picks of Vinny's car with Hasselhoff. While not of the current even, they are still pretty cool:

http://knightrideronline.com/archives/2 ... london.php

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:07 pm

Awesome...Hasselhoff is probably the only person I'd let get away with sitting on top of my K.I.T.T. replica like that if I had one!
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Menace
Rookie

Day 1, Knight Time

Post by Menace » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:55 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of your comments. I wll post pics soon as i can. I am having a lucky year, i live in central London where all the film and media are so it is luck really, you see many famous people around here but David Hasselhoff is not so often seen so i am glad to be making the most of it as he will soon be back in the U.S
Tomorrow is another 2 magazines. I have to film stuff until saturday then on sunday i will post all what i did and the names of the mags and shows.
Tonight i met David Hasselhoff again, i was doing a tv programme about him, he had this great conversation with my KITT, it was classic, i'll let you all know when it will be on.

Thanks

Vinny

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Re: Day 1, Knight Time

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:53 pm

Menace wrote: Tonight i met David Hasselhoff again, i was doing a tv programme about him, he had this great conversation with my KITT, it was classic, i'll let you all know when it will be on.
:lol: I can't wait to hear about this! :) I'm in the USA and can't get the audio/video so could you please post a text transcript of the conversation if you're able? I would just LOVE to hear this conversation. :lol:

Menace
Rookie

David and KITT conversation

Post by Menace » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:46 pm

Hi Guys,

I am so tired but enjoying it. , filmed a Sky One programme monday night and done a shoot for Wired magazine, we had to cancel one magazine that i can't mention because in the feature they wanted to do things with KITT including DOGGING!!! I say no more, but Universal was not impressed.
Now here is the transcript of David and my KITT.
David does an interview inside first.
David comes out in his tuxedo to film crew and loads of fans.

DAVID: It's great to see you all and especially my old partner...KITT
Lets go and talk to KITT.

Walks over to KITT

DAVID: Well KITT what can i say, we spent 4 years together and now i'm in London doing Chicago. What, you are going to play Billy next.. KITT says he is going to take over and play Billy Flynn next

KITT: Are you alright, i took the liberty of scanning your vital signs and your blood pressure is ??? and your pulse is???

DAVID: Well thats becausei jst got off stage KITT. What else are you going to say to me .

KITT: Under normal circumstances i would have introduced myself but these arn't normal circumstances.

DAVID: Thats because we are in London, these aren't exactly normal people, they all carry cellphones.

KITT: Ok, i'm the voice of Knight Industries Two Thousand, KITT if you prefer.

DAVID: Well, i do prefer, weve knowm each other for over 20 years.
Anyway KITT i have to go change but wait there, i'll change into my black leather jacket and we can take a cruise to Buckingham Palace.

David smiles and goes to change
This is roughly how it went, i may have a few words out of place. I have one more filming to do with the same Sky One people then one very very special event. I'll let you know once it is done.

Thanks
Vinny

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:57 pm

Thanks Vinny for the update!

Well for those not from the UK, from what I hear, Dogging is having sexual relations in a car...

:shock:

Wow.

BTW Vinny, I can't remember. Is your dash stock or Replica's? I see the normal steering wheel in one of your photos though.

Sounds like an awesome awesome time, enjoy it man!

Menace
Rookie

Post by Menace » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:47 pm

Hi Neps,

Thanks for the comments, yes dogging is sexual relations in a car, but in a parking lot with other people, not really what Universal had in mind.
The last pictures did have the stock dash and steering wheel.
I have just recently installed the full dash, gullwing, upper and lower consoles, i have the pods but haven't installed it yet.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:47 pm

Great updates! Thanks Vinny! :) I'm glad things are going well with KITT and you. :) That was funny between David and KITT. :lol:

BTW, good thing that the magazine wasn't think of doing 'it' with the car! :shock: :twisted: Glad you cancelled that one. Got to be careful what they do with your car. :)

babifrence
Volunteer

Post by babifrence » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:16 pm

Hiya Vinny,

I live not too far from Croydon - Chessington, Surrey in fact :D. If you want, you can come here and I'll show around the town and believe it or not theres a radio station in Tolworth called Radio Jackie 107.8 FM ;) so Im sure you can spread the word around here. I used to live in Islington Angel myself which as you know is smack bang in central london.

Never the less, it would be an honour to meet you and KITT himself :p. Hope all goes well, and let us know where and when it airs in the UK. I want to see this first hand :D. By the way, it would be nice to have a pic with all 3 of us :p.

Hope all goes well, take care and god bless.....

PEACE OUT !!!

PS If you wanna know more details on how to get here, PM me or send me an email :).

PPS The transcript is really cool and funny.

Menace
Rookie

More updates

Post by Menace » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:35 pm

Hi Guys,

I went straight past Radio Jackie on the way to Croydon.
Listen guys another post has already been made on the board about this but David is making an appearance at School Disco this weekend and it is me driving him to the club and displaying the car outside. I'll let you guys know how it went.

Thanks

Vinny

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Re: More updates

Post by TurbomanKnight » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:08 pm

Menace wrote:Hi Guys,

I went straight past Radio Jackie on the way to Croydon.
Listen guys another post has already been made on the board about this but David is making an appearance at School Disco this weekend and it is me driving him to the club and displaying the car outside. I'll let you guys know how it went.

Thanks

Vinny
Wow!, They use your car to promote KR throughout the Uk and now your his driver. Man You ROCK! :D Drive Carefully! Do you have the Turbo Cast Wheels on your car?
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers