Looking for KR AIM sounds!

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Looking for KR AIM sounds!

Post by KFCreator » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:33 pm

I guess the post I made the other day never made it to the board for some reason so I'll give this another shot. I'm looking for sound clips that I can use with AOL's Instant Messenger or Apple's iChat. Both applications allow you to customize what the sound you hear is when certain events happen such as a buddy logging onto AIM, or you sending an IM. I already have good quality sound clips of KITT's monitors activating and deactivating and I use those for when I sign on and off of AIM but I still need several sounds to fill out the rest of the set. Specifically, I wanna know what sounds you guys think would be good to use for these events and if you have sound clips that you think would work well, please post links to the sound files! Here's the list of events I'm looking for sound clips to go with:

-when I log in
-when I log out
-buddy becomes available
-buddy becomes unavailable
-message received
-message sent
-text invitation
-audio invitation
-video invitation
-buddy accepted A/V invitation

Thanks!
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:33 am

I used to have sounds for message sent, message received, and new message received.

Here:

New Message received: http://kosmos.250free.com/calling.wav
Message sent: http://kosmos.250free.com/Kitt_call1.wav
Message received: http://kosmos.250free.com/Kitt_call2.wav

(click the links to hear them. Right click them and select "Save Target As" to download them)

I hope you like them!
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:46 am

Thanks cloudkitt, the first sound clip you posted was perfect but the other two were the ones I mentioned that I already had and am using already for logging in/out. I just thought the sound of KITT's monitors activating/deactivating were better suited for that the sending/receiving text messages but thanks for the suggestion!

I was hoping maybe someone could post a sound clip of KITT printing something out from his dashboard and I could use that as sending or receiving a text message. C'mon guys, be creative in suggesting which sounds you think would be cool to use! they don't HAVE to be sounds of KITT, they could be from anything in KR!
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:33 pm

oh sorry about that...but that's all i got

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:10 pm

Does anyone know where you can get good Knight Rider icons for AOL Instant Messenger? I've seen some on a few sites on the net but thought some were kind of homemade looking.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:34 pm

For AIM buddy icons and avatars, try looking in the links located within this thread: http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/ ... dc34265e0f

I was thinking that I might try ripping some of the sound clips from the DVD set but also was wondering if the Knight Rider PC game had any good sounds that could be used? Since I don't own a PC, someone would have to export the sounds from the game but I had no idea if that would even be a viable option. Anyone willing to try?

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:27 pm

Hey, this was my AIM Icon for awhile:

http://kosmos.250free.com/KITTtalking.gif

(right click and Save Target As)

Hope it helps!