KARR question

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:56 pm

TurbomanKnight wrote:Actually no. Because a season of a show is usually taped before the first episode of that season is broadcasted.
Not true. It's rare that an entire season would be filmed before the season started (although that did happen with TKR.) Typically the production might just be a few weeks ahead of the broadcast schedule.

And the original footage of the car going off the cliff comes from an old 70s movie, "The Car".
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:47 pm

I was just curious then, how come on season premiers or early episodes of a season, during the title sequences, we usually see footage of episodes from that season that haven't aired yet?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

hot_knight
Rookie

Post by hot_knight » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:49 pm

TurbomanKnight wrote: Dude, we know that wasn't a Trans Am that went off the cliff.
Well there obviously was a reason you said that footage was from another episode when technically it wasn't from KR at all.

Also you even mentioned that it wasn't a trans am

Sorry for posting pics for people didnt know i wasnt allowed to.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:26 pm

Lost Knight wrote:I was just curious then, how come on season premiers or early episodes of a season, during the title sequences, we usually see footage of episodes from that season that haven't aired yet?
The production is typically a few weeks ahead of broadcast, and for a new season they might have maybe 6-10 episodes ready to go. So the footage you see in the title sequence are from that first batch of episodes. Sometimes the episodes do not air in the same order that they were produced, so it's possible to see a clip in the title sequence from a late-season episode, but I think you'll find most of the clips can be found in the first few weeks of a season.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:40 pm

That other KR episode is "Forget Me Not." It aired after "Trust Doesn't Rust" but they could use that clip for any episode since it was from that movie "The Car." Therefore "Trust Doesn't Rust" doesn't reuse footage from another KR episode, it just uses it from the movie. To sum it all up, "Forget Me Not" reuses the clip from "Trust Doesn't Rust" that used the clip from "The Car."

themarvelous3
Operative

Post by themarvelous3 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:50 pm

thats the most over used car off a cliff shot in the world. i saw it in ANOTHER SHOW that i believe was older than Knight Rider. rockford files maybe...? dont remember. i just remember back when i had cable watching TV REALLLY late one night and seeing that in an older show...i laughed. then i went to bed. : )

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:36 pm

We know that K.I.T.T. is the onboard computer for the Knight 2000. So what is K.A.R.R. the onboard computer for? Another Knight 2000?

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:15 pm

Lost Knight wrote:We know that K.I.T.T. is the onboard computer for the Knight 2000. So what is K.A.R.R. the onboard computer for? Another Knight 2000?
Well since KARR is the original prototype of the foundation, it can safely be regarded as an official Knight Industries 2000. Sort of KITT's older twin brother really, but with a different programming (serf preservation). KARR probably held the original title of KITT but the foundation changed it later to KARR to better reflect his personality and to introduce the better model...KITT.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:26 pm

Getting back to the original question in this post, I believe the general consensus or working theory is that KARR didn't actually blow up when he hit the water or sand or whatever, he actually fired a rocket a second or less before impact, making it look like he had exploded but in reality, he was intact. The impact of hitting the surface knocked KARR's power coupling loose and he didn't have the power in his reserves to do much except maybe slowly work his way back up onto the beach where he was eventually covered by sand over the years and maybe also had just enough power to occasionally turn on his scanner when anyone was nearby.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:26 pm

Yea, just an interesting question, I thought. Since he was the prototype, I guess he was just the experimental pre-production model, for what was to be the Knight 2000.