KR2 For PS2 doubtful for USA

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KR2 For PS2 doubtful for USA

Post by 86chvs10 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:06 pm

I got this email from Davilex It's disappointing.

KR II will not be released in the US. We don’t have a license for the US territory. Part from that, if we had a license; SONY America is a bit tough with submissions. We have tried in the past, but they don’t think that some European Developers are permitted to release any game in the US.

The PC version is another story. Maybe we will release this platform in the US.

I hope this helpes.

That's what they said.Sorry guys at this time no ps2 is ready for us.But there is a maybe a possiblilty for the pc version usa.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:45 pm

This is pretty much what they suggested at E3, so its little surprise.

But thanks for the info. Things may yet change in the future though, you never know.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:36 pm

I'll hope for the PC Version. They have the PC version 1 so why not 2? Hoping... :)

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:41 pm

Couldn't you even just import the PC version from Europe? I don't believe there are any limitations with Regions and Pal VS NTSC that there is with the PS2.

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:04 pm

I'm not sure i've never imported anything from out of the country before.It maybe a possiblilty maybe.Well that's what davilex said in the email to me.But things may change because as they said as i copyed in the email it's hard for european countries to import games to the USA.And they need a licence.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:01 pm

The best bet is to get a chip and modify your PS2 to get these games to work. I had the means of doing so and bidding on the game on eBay, but ultimately decided against it. That's a lot of money to get the chip for just one game, for me anyway. You would think that since Knight Rider is an American show with American actors and an American car that the US wouldn't be left out of the equation! No disrespect to other countries but it's too bad about this whole licencing business. The game would sell so many more units if the US fans were able to buy it too. I don't have an interest in playing it on the PC, I'd rather the PS2. But it looks as if I ever want to play KR or KR2 that I either need a chip or to get over it and play it on PC.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:19 pm

dude welcome to our world.We all want it on ps2 but it's hard the get those games here in the USA and SONY is kinda hard on Davilex of approving games.And you also need a pal signal on your tv to play the pal version too to play the ps2 on KR2.But we will see what happens.If it comes out on pc well we will have to go with it as the best we can of what we could get for the game.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:01 pm

If they had just done an Xbox version like we suggested to them, the USA would definately be getting the console version.

Microsoft wouldn't pass up a marketing opportunity like this. More fool Sony in my opinion.

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:30 am

Well for the first game Davilex was taking the ps2 version from sony but didn't approve it and Davilex May think they wouldn't this time.But the pc you can manely get more easier then sony approving games on ps2.But they chip and the signal and all that stuff for 1 ps2 game is a little to much and not really worth it unless USA was not even getting the pc version so we might do that stuff on our ps2 stations.But we are hoping for the pc of KR II.