knight rider dvd comentary

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightrider2004
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

knight rider dvd comentary

Post by knightrider2004 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:06 pm

So me and my mom were watching knight of the pheonix with the commentary and we were thinking and we heard it a few times and Glen A. Larson was like making fun of David Hassselhoff so much and me and my mom were like mad. Wat do u think?

:kittspin:
Michael wouldnt one woman be sufficient?

-K.I.T.T., Trust Doesent Rust

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:20 pm

It was a real let down to hear how David and Glen was togather on the DVD,

It realy gives me the impression they have a grudge to bear somewhere along the line.

If that is the case, do you think we will ever see a movie??

hunter7795
Stranger

Post by hunter7795 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:24 am

I think you both misunderstood. They both have a great relationship and it can be heard when you listen to the commentary. It's just friendly bickering. If you know someone for that long you might be the same way. I know I am with some of my friends.

The one thing I got out of the commentary was that Hasselhoff has a gag reel. This NEEDS to be on the next DVD.

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:02 am

i don't think so.
btw: the movie still on production... and glen is the executive producer :)

if they where hate each other, they wouldn't work together

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:12 pm

The problem with including the gag reel on the DVD sets is that some of the language and situations are not suitable for kids, and that is the primary audience that the show is aimed at. For that reason, I don't think there will ever be an official release of the Knight Rider outtakes, unless they're heavily cut.

- Paul
- Knight Rider Archive
- http://members.fortunecity.com/knightriders/

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:22 pm

I realy hope you are right, I want this Knight Rider movie more than anything!

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:48 pm

If the reels are cut, then it's not worth it cos the reels themselves are only about 7-10 mins each.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:23 pm

Knight Rider Archive wrote:The problem with including the gag reel on the DVD sets is that some of the language and situations are not suitable for kids, and that is the primary audience that the show is aimed at. For that reason, I don't think there will ever be an official release of the Knight Rider outtakes, unless they're heavily cut.
Maybe they should release it "rated"? It sure would be interesting to see. I wonder if "K.I.T.T." ever really swore? :twisted: :lol:

hunter7795
Stranger

Post by hunter7795 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:43 pm

Actually it could be done. Babylon 5's outtakes and gag reel was full of swear words (the original I got off the web somewhere, black and white with bad sound) but they put them on the B5 box sets with the swears edited. It can be done. Just look at South Park, even though the swear words are bleeped you know what they are saying and they do it anyway. I don't think it would be a big problem seeing as how the bigger audience for this DVD set is over 18.

Vette
Volunteer

Post by Vette » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:35 pm

just listened to the DVD commentary last nite...and I tell you what it came across really genuine..

both Larson and hasselhoff were really taken back by what had become of the pilot episode...(one man's dream)....

it was refreshing and quite unique in the way David kept referring to the past in a funny way...

and just them remembering the scenes alone was fantastic...

ofcourse david revealed some trade secrets...but im sure for the Knight purists like myself it won't deter from watching the episodes in a different light...

hasselhoff was really into making a movie by the end of pilot episode...and personally i like the little cosmic details they were giving about the Pontiac Trans Am and how Kitt was done etc...

anywayz ...generally they both got along really well..larson and hasselhoff seemed to be quite joivial...

hasselhoff virtually said everyone was a "great guy"....

real magic moment!!!

finalfadeout
Recruit

Post by finalfadeout » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:54 pm

Those "trade secrets" are old hat by now. Even back when Knight Rider was first run, you were able to sometimes see the ramps used in Ski-mode and turbo boost shots, reverse footage, models, stunt drivers etc. And many of these techniques were already standard and well known for years before. Glen Larson was making light of himself and humoring us with his obviously overserious tone regarding these.