Knight Rider Season 1 on DVD - Out Now! *DISCUSS HERE*

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

hot_knight
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by hot_knight » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:55 pm

How Many promos do you see on tv for other 80's box sets? Married with children?ALF? etc.

Also i noticed prolly the biggest blunder ever (aside from the moving bullet wound)

In Short Notice right after michael finishes his mono y mono duel with harold T and he goes to give KITT the thumps up...... Well obviously they used stock footage from that set because you can clear as day notcie the stunt driver PEELING off the "Drivers seat" off of him.

Anyone else notice this before?

hot_knight
Rookie

Post by hot_knight » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:01 pm

Also as far as the problems ppl are having with the DVD's............. Im not and i ask you what kind of dvd players are you guys watching them because i have had ZERO problems with my stand alone dvd player and my CPU dvd drive.

And also as far as the mono sound goes. If your worried about whether a 80's tv show is recorded in mono or digitally remastered in 5.1 you really need to get outside more often. I thought the video quality was great and i thought the audio was just as it should be. I personally dont think its necessary.

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

WOW! Audio blooper removed from A NICE INDECENT LITTLE TOWN

Post by spyhunter » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:37 am

The only glitch I have noticed so far is the opening theme for DEADLY MANUEVERS, the very first chord of the theme like repeats itself. I haven't had a chance to go back and check it again, or with a different player, but it seemed to be a problem.

I finally got to watching A NICE INDECENT LITTLE TOWN, and guess what, KITT's turbine sound was removed from the brown Camaro that they are chasing near the end of the show. Now that's attention to detail! I'm impressed.

Also, I did a side by side comparison with Columbia House's DVD for TRUST DOESN'T RUST, and boy, it's like night and day, they really did a bang up job with the video, and now the audio... Next they'll be removing nit-picks from the episodes, heh heh, well actually I have read that they kind of did so by cropping shots with camera booms or microphones in the picture.

SH

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:27 pm

Had a bit of a scare...I've only JUST watched KR2000 having had the set for about 3 wks now and it seemed to jump from 20 mins to about 47 mins...I wondered what was up.

Anyway, turns out the disc had a mark on it which I easily wiped off and that was what was causing the skip.

*whew*!
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hot_knight
Rookie

Post by hot_knight » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 pm

Skav wrote:Had a bit of a scare...I've only JUST watched KR2000 having had the set for about 3 wks now and it seemed to jump from 20 mins to about 47 mins...I wondered what was up.

Anyway, turns out the disc had a mark on it which I easily wiped off and that was what was causing the skip.
BUY DISC SKINS. I work at a walmart (hold the laughs) and i usually stock the electronic department at night and we just got our department reset. Anyways they got tons of new crap and they got a new item. DISC SKINS. The are clear thin snap on layers that goes on a cd/dvd/ps2/xbox disc. I protects it forever. You snap it on and leave it on. EVEN WHILE YOUR USING IT.

They are really cheap if i remember correctly i think a couple bucks for a pack of five. Ill have more info saturday if no one else finds them. I am getting them to preserve not only my knight rider dvd's but also my ALF season 1 dvd set which came out a week after KR.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:20 pm

thanks, i'll defo check into it. they are not on ebay so i'll havta wait a while i guess.

i'm from the UK so we dont have the same stores u do.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hot_knight
Rookie

Post by hot_knight » Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:46 pm

I bought some disc skins. At walmart they were 5 for $4.83. The website for the company is http://www.d-skin.com .

MonteDoran74
Volunteer

Post by MonteDoran74 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:52 am

I am FINALLY happy to get this SEASON ONE edition of KR,
Now, i no longer have to put up with the waiting, and hassels and
B**S with Columbia House, (long story) but "ill get to the point,"
(as Michael Knight always says), now, already, as a bonus disc
they have KR 2000 movie, on the first season.......WHY?
Why couldnt they wait until the fourth season edition?
all i know is that im waiting for the other 3 more seasons of KR,
AND complete my 88 red Firebird conversion to KARR.
So let me know what's the deal about KR 2000 movie bonus?,
and to whom and where i can get my Firebird completed
with a tight budget, (if only i could work with a millionaire,
or be one)....

:karr:

Jake
Recruit

Post by Jake » Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:22 am

I haven´t read all posts written in this thread, but I assume that there has been mentioned that Knight Rider 1st Season Boxed Set will be released in Europe on September 13th. I have already ordered the boxed set and I can´t hardly wait to see the episodes on DVD and all the extras. I have understood that all the episodes in the boxed set are uncut-versions unlike the versions aired on TV - Is that true?

hot_knight
Rookie

Post by hot_knight » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:40 pm

in a word ..........YES

Jake
Recruit

Post by Jake » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:29 am

Thanks, Hot_Knight!

hot_knight
Rookie

Post by hot_knight » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:25 am

your welcome

K.I.T.T vs K.A.R.R
Volunteer

Post by K.I.T.T vs K.A.R.R » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:27 am

WOO HOO!!! All I've got to do now is find best part of £40...

"Dad..............."

Jack1
Stranger

Knight Rider Season 1 Boxset

Post by Jack1 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:50 am

now that the Knight Rider Season 1 boxset is out now in the UK will the region 2 boxset have the same special features such as the featurettes and the commentary track by larson and hasselhoff as the Region 1 boxset.

if anybody knows please email me.

Thanks Andrew
Knight Rider Fan :lol:

K.I.T.T vs K.A.R.R
Volunteer

Post by K.I.T.T vs K.A.R.R » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:44 pm

Sod sending the email, I wanna know too! :P Post it in here!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:06 pm

Yes, the Region 2 (and Region 4) discs have all the same special features as it's Region 1 counterpart. There is however a couple of differences. The discs are single sided, not doubled. The episodes do not have the 30 second teaser in front of each episode. And the pilot episode is not on the first disc, instead a few discs in, thus not making the set in the proper order.

Jake
Recruit

Post by Jake » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:20 pm

I just recieved my copy of 1st Season Boxed Set few days ago and I´ve already watched some of the episodes and extras. Although I´ve not seen all the episodes and the extras of the boxed set I think it´s safe to say that the boxed set is worth all the money I paid for it and all the time I waited for it. The new improved sound of the episodes is simply excellent and one of the extras I´ve already seen (called Knight Rider: Under the Hood) is something I´ve never seen before but I´ve waited long time to be able to see. It´s good to have all the episodes of the season in one boxed set. Now I may use the VHS-tapes (which I´ve previously used for Knight Rider 1st Season episodes) for recording something else.

leech
Stranger

Post by leech » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:04 am

I just received my copy of season 1 yesterday and I was watching dvd 1 and 2 until 4 am :) amazing stuff...
in Austria, this golden piece of cake costs approx 80 eur, but I think this is a fair price for 8 dvds...

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:09 pm

my word its beena long time! lol

well, the surprise (for me) release of kr season one was a joy to behold! ok, so knight of the pheonix is put at the end of the season alongside kr2000 but its a small price to pay. certainly puts bravo's cut-up version of the series to shame!

loved the box set, and i'm dead chuffed that knight rider seems to be getting much better treatment than the other universal series just released.
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:27 am

hey guys! this is my first post in here.my name is A.R.Khan,i live in pakistan,i am a huge fan of 80s "super-machine"style tv shows...Knight Rider is amongst my favourites...

i want to ask sumthin?it's that y doesn't universal remix 5.1 digital surround
sound to knight rider dvds? a lot of old movies are re-mixed pretty well (5.1 dolby digital),so y ain't KR to?

regards....expecting ur reply.