Knight Rider Season 1 on DVD - Out Now! *DISCUSS HERE*

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:15 am

Has anyone else found any glitches like audio/video skip thatskip 4-10 seconds?A dark blurry dot in the middle of the turbo boost scene in final verdict?

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:37 am

Not got that far yet but I did notice that the beginning credit sequence from Good day at white rock, the sound went a bit weird as the car was coming toward the screen but it quickly sorted itself out.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hot_knight
Rookie

Post by hot_knight » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:10 am

R.J.1984 wrote:Hot Knight - do you think that you could print up a set of those covers for me. I would really appreciate that. If so - let me know the cost and I will send you an email so that you can mail tham to me. I myself love boxsets but the work that you showed is just awsome. So please let me know either by pm or by email if you would be willing to print them up and send me a set O.K? Thanks and have a good day.
I dont see that as being a problem. I would have no problem doing it for free FOR YOU(Since you were the first to ask). Ill pm you and we will exchange info.

Deferranfan1
Operative

Post by Deferranfan1 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:30 pm

Deferranfan1 wrote: ALSO DO WE KNOW IF THEY WILL BE DOING PROMO'S ON TV AT ALL?
K.A.R.R. STILL LIVES
:kittspin:

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:19 pm

I remembered that the dvd producers visited Joe Huth's house prior to the production for the Knight Rider season one dvd and took pics of his replica... So i suppose the pictures of KITT on the dvd cover and the insides are actually pics of Joe Huth's replica right?

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:46 pm

I know it's only been 4 days, but does anyone have an inkling of how well the sets are selling?

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

drfever99
Stranger

Take on KR DVD

Post by drfever99 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:14 pm

The people who did this did a wonderful job of cleaning up the film and making it look a lot better than it was on TV. I also noticed some scenes are included that I have never seen before. I cannot wait for season 2 to be released.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:32 pm

Just to say, it is confirmed on my surround system as stereo. So I defo don't think it's mono.

Skav

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:26 pm

Knight Racer wrote:Has anyone else found any glitches like audio/video skip thatskip 4-10 seconds?A dark blurry dot in the middle of the turbo boost scene in final verdict?
Hey, I just watched the final verdict to see what you were taling about it. I saw that little dot you were referring to, but it wasn't during the Turbo Boost scene, it was a little before it when KITT impersonates the cops and Michael and Marty jump in. Then it disappeared as quickly as it came.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:27 pm

EDIT: Sorry about that double post, don't know what happenned
Last edited by cloudkitt on Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:00 pm

Thanks Hot_Night - I look forward to getting the pm.
Talk to you soon.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:34 pm

I also noticed video skipping in final verdict and I think Knight Moves not sure but there are video glitchm/skipping.

SwEeTiNsAnItY
Operative

Post by SwEeTiNsAnItY » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:13 am

I've only watched the commentary and the extras so I can't say I've heard/seen any glitches but if I do I'll be sure to post them.

I agree that navigation of KITT's dash was very confusing; I'm still not used to DVD players as a whole so that might just be me but it was confusing enough to the point where I just gave up, lol. The blueprints were too quick but they weren't that interesting to me so I didn't mind so much. I thought the commentary was hilarious and heartwarming; it did kinda of weird me out how they forgot things you'd think they'd remember but then again, it was a job for them... as for David seeming full of himself, I can kinda excuse him for it; haven't any of you seen pictures of yourselves when you were younger and thought "Man I was skinny" or "I was so cute!"? I dunno, maybe I just expected it from him :P lol. The picture gallery was kinda cool and so was "Under the Hood"... the box itself was beautiful, all in all I think it's an awesome set although I'm probably not a good judge; I'm just happy I got the first season at my fingertips :D

bzavala
Recruit

Post by bzavala » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:26 am

Hi all... first post here....

Been reading this board every once in a while; I grew up watching the Knight Rider and been my favorite TV show :D

Just wanted to let you all know that I just picked the first season from Walmart and got it at USD$33.84

That's the cheapest I've seen..

Great site!

Ben

Deferranfan1
Operative

Post by Deferranfan1 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:43 am

Still has anyone seen any promos on tv or anything? Also any numbers on sales at all?
K.A.R.R. STILL LIVES
:kittspin:

SPMknight
Volunteer

Post by SPMknight » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:04 am

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this site as well.

I found a copy of Season 1 on DVD at my local Circuit City on sale for $34.99. (Regular price will be $49.99). A guy at Best Buy told me that the Season 1 DVD's are selling extremely fast; they were sold out.

I've been watching the dvd set all weekend long and I love it. The picture quality of all the episodes is awesome; they are just drenched with vibrant color. Though i've seen every episode countless times, it's like watching them for the 1st time ever on these Dvd's. I noticed some sound drop outs/skipping a couple times myself but it's very very slight and only seems to happen on the opening song. I still cant get over how everything sounds even though it's Mono

Back when the show was first on TV, didn't they always show the small preview clip of each episode then jump into the song? It's been so long ago but I'm almost positive they did, which is probably why they have it on the DVD. Can't wait for season 2,3 and 4.

bzavala
Recruit

Post by bzavala » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:25 am

Hmm... even though the box says Dolby 2.0 Mono, it sounded Stereo to me! I also played it through my sound system.

hillstones
Volunteer

Post by hillstones » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:03 am

bzavala wrote:Hmm... even though the box says Dolby 2.0 Mono, it sounded Stereo to me! I also played it through my sound system.
Dolby 2.0 Mono means the same audio information is being directed to the left and right speakers. It is not in stereo, meaning the sound will not move from one channel to the other. Season 1 was not originally presented in stereo, however, I believe the later seasons were in stereo.

If you have a 5.1 Surround System, all the audio will be presented from your center channel since it is in Mono.

hillstones
Volunteer

Disc 1 Side B Defective

Post by hillstones » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:08 am

Anyone else have trouble with Disc 1 Side B, episode Not a Drop to Drink? About 15 minutes into the episode, my Sony DVD player froze with jarred video. When attempting to fast forward or skip, the player jumped to about 27 minutes into the episode. Fast reverse to that point, caused another freeze. There is not a scratch on the disc. Could be that a batch of DVD's are flawed.

I also hate the double-sided dual-layer discs. Granted they were used for lower costs, but it defeats the purpose of a DVD changer when you still have to get up to turn the disc over.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:20 am

Sound occasionally is directed to my back speakers, mainly music, and my system confirmed it was stereo....so I'll go with that in mind.

Skav

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:39 pm

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!I knew there were glitches on the dvd's.I saw the spot twice on Final Verdict.Just before the turbo boost and the action sequences before the turbo boost as well.Then in another episode they had skipped a very crucial part of the episode,about 3 min.I would trade in the dvds for a new copy in a heartbeat if I knew the others didn't have the same problems.I think we should keep a log of all errors.I can hear this type of plastic bendy sound when i hold the dvd on one finger through the hole.Its like the data is going to explode off the dvd.Maybe thats causing the glitches.Anyone see spots on there dvd's I'm not sure if its just mine but I see these tiny white dots on one cd in particular.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:48 pm

Where can i get The Knight Rider Dvd set fro cheap?
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

SPMknight
Volunteer

Post by SPMknight » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:38 pm

Knight Racer wrote:Anyone see spots on there dvd's I'm not sure if its just mine but I see these tiny white dots on one cd in particular.

I just took a look at all the discs in the set and mine are as perfect and spot free as it gets. I have experienced some sound slightly cutting out one one or two of the episodes but to me it's not a big deal. I'm just greatfull its on DVD finally.

trooper TK-WHA??
Rookie

Post by trooper TK-WHA?? » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:52 am

Hey everyone,
I just registered about an hour ago.I've admired this site for a couple of months and now I see how large the KR fanbase is.And after seeing a bunch of K.I.T.T. replicas on other sites has my fanboy delight intensified.I've been a fan since day one.On Sunday the 1st I was at a Best Buy on Long Island when,passing through the T.V. section I see a stack of KR season 1 sets just sitting there,when I was fully prepared to wait until Tuesday the 3rd for it to come out!If that was a managerial no-no or not I didn't care nor was I complaining.With all my willpower,I managed to wrench myself from where I was gawking and grinning from ear to ear and proceed to purchase this gem.Since then I've been working my way through the episodes with great nostalgia and fanboy bliss.I sincerely hope seasons 2,3,and 4 are released.The sound and picture are great.I haven't seen the special features yet,but I'm in no rush.I want to enjoy the experience.Well,that's enough gushing for now.I think I'll watch an episode...
-Chris
If only I had a nickel for every time someone cut me off on the parkway and wished for a Turbo-Boost or Micro-jammer...

SwEeTiNsAnItY
Operative

Post by SwEeTiNsAnItY » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:19 am

I haven't looked at the others as closely, but my 1st disc has some mean scratches on the clear inner circle... no where on the metallic part, so I doubt it'll affect the quality, but it kinda sucks to see me disc was mistreated somewhere along the line - it's bad enough the box I got a hold of was smooshed in a bit on one of the corners -_- But I can blame Wal*Mart for that one.

Not really complaining, just giving a heads-up :)