My almost done new release in Celebration to Knight Rider 2!

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

dragonball1957
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

My almost done new release in Celebration to Knight Rider 2!

Post by dragonball1957 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:57 pm

ladies and Gents.

its just about officialy done.

I finally and tested the hell out of files to conclude KITTS better handling.
its no longer a Back streering vehical which the Daivlex originaly made it.

thats why sometimes kitt originaly turn way to quick. I Found and reversed the way kitt moves to make it as close as i can to make it handle more properly. ex: try doing that reverse 180degree trick and u see it will do it alittle different

also. in the control options, the sensetivty bar should be effective backwards now. ex: the closer to the left the bar is More sensitive and the closer to the right is Less sensitive.

I suggest that it is kept a little closer to the right or just about almost to the right since my testing revolved around that setting.

SuperPursuitMode!!!
-------------------------
DONE! no more rolls around Corners!!!!! IM serious!!!!!
I found a way to make the game Automaticaly recuce and cut back your speed when u try to turn corners, so that way u dont have to worry about pressing the back button 98% of the time!!

once u done turing the corner u will instanly hit Max SPM speed again , which is about 213-15 mile per hour.

Theres also a new SPM emergency Move for SPM. Infact sooo useful that U can 100% with NO problems Turn 180degree, 360degree, or 90 Degree turn! WIth out stiffness and with all 4 wheels still on the ground.

NOTE: U STILL OBVIOUSly can flip over"smoothly though" IF u do somethign really silly. other than bumps are not really a problem anymore!

basicaly if it looks Drivable then u can do it PEFECTLY NO FLIPS!

TurboBoost
----------------
with all these Tweaks done to kitt such as wieght and handling, i finally got a stable smooth Turboboost. its good at all speeds.

Sounds-(for kitt and Karr)
----------
New TurboBoost sounds - with Michel Saying something Awsome!
New SPM starting and Ending Sounds- Better quality ......REally better
New PurSuit start and end sounds for KArr- special thx to that dashboard site.

Visuals
-----------
Added more partical effects like more Dust that kitts back on desert terrain and white Smoke when u to hard powerslides or hard turns on Streets.

the Last thing im about to finish at least in a week are Kitts Camara Angles.

One from the front, and 2 other cameras that will be better u use to show off kitts new looks for SPm. Its the SPM camarea that is kinda hard to make but the front view of Kitt Completely done. :)

ill probaly make it into an exe or ZIP. dont know yet. thx to all who are interested.

cheers for KR2!!!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:12 pm

Cool! I have the demo version of the game though so that means it won't work with the demo version, right? I should save some $$ for the game but I'm holding off for the new KR2 to come out. Will you be porting these enhancements to the new game if they don't resolve them in the newer version of KR game?

This looks great. I saw your site and would love the "Play as KARR" one. :) But I love KITT a lot too.

dragonball1957
Operative

Post by dragonball1957 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:17 pm

well as for sounds and handling , it should work for the demo but i dont know if the Demo has spm though.

everything else will work

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:33 pm

8)
As soon as I get my copy of the game I will deffinitly be visiting you site for all kinds of information concerning the game and well as how best to play it. Thanks for the heads up.
take-er easy, stay cool! You the man.
8)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:50 pm

dragonball1957 wrote:well as for sounds and handling , it should work for the demo but i dont know if the Demo has spm though.
everything else will work
Nope, no SPM in the demo. It also requires keyboard to play and not joysticks (I don't have joysticks anyway :) ) I never could get it to work well because it was too fast (2 GHz machine I have) for me and I'm not that well coordinated. Seemed hard to control KITT. LOL!

Maybe I should try your patches. Thanks for making them for us. :)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:57 pm

RJ, check my Knight Rider links on my site. I have a link to where to download a demo of the game. Might hold you until you get the full version of the game. :) It won't let you use joysticks (keyboard only) and only one mission is in it: to keep up with Garthe in his helicopter. Has land mines in it and is a challenge to play. Really good and the graphics are great! Takes a long while to download at 56K but worth it!

TIP: Read the README file after installing to find what the controls are and print them out to keep them handy. :)

dragonball1957
Operative

Post by dragonball1957 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:34 pm

oh by the way for those who dont have the full game. theres a good chance that SPM could be enabled in it anyway.

why ?

because most of the stuff is already available in the demo i found out. but someof the features where disabled.

I think the SPM was already implemented. all i need to do is make in enabled in all of the levels (which is already done) to tell the game its allowed during play and presto. so for the demo my mod should tell all its available ones to do the samething. remeber that KITT and SPM are from the same Vehicle Model.

Karr is similar but repainted and named different. if u see Any KARR ini's in the Data/vehicle/ Folder then that means the demo has it too but just hiddin.

theres a well over 80% chance that sPM would work. since its already part of kitt i just got to let the game know to use it :D

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:07 am

Here's a list of INI files in my ini folder for the demo:

adventure.ini
adventure_small.ini
Ai.ini
AICharacter1.ini
AICharacter2.ini
AICharacter3.ini
animation_crane00.ini
animation_crane01.ini
animation_crane02.ini
ArrowMarker Red.ini
ArrowMarker.ini
atarian.ini
blocks.ini
Cam0.ini
Cam1.ini
Cam2.ini
Cameras.ini
computerparticles-on.ini
computerparticles.ini
computerSmoke.ini
computerSmoke2.ini
corona_alarm.ini
corona_blue.ini
corona_brakelights.ini
corona_headlights.ini
corona_hek.ini
corona_lantern.ini
corona_nacholights.ini
corona_rearlights.ini
CurveData.ini
CurveDataPerformanceTest.ini
ExplosionBig.ini
ExplosionBig_Fire.ini
ExplosionBig_Smoke.ini
ExplosionMine.ini
ExplosionMine_Fire.INI
ExplosionMine_Smoke.INI
ExplosionMineActive.ini
ExplosionMineFake_01.ini
ExplosionMineFake_02.ini
ExplosionMineFake_03.ini
glow.ini
Headache.ini
KittTurboBoostParticles.ini
Material.ini
Startrek.ini
testmine.ini
track02_pompsmoke00.ini
track02_pompsmoke01.ini
track02_pompsmoke02.ini
track02_pompsmoke03.ini
track02_pompsmoke04.ini
Track08_bridge_Explosion01.ini
Track08_bridge_Explosion02.ini
Track08_Explosion01.ini
Track08_Explosion02.ini
track08_Fire.ini
track08_Fire2.ini
track08_Smoke.ini
track10_chopper01.INI
track11_chopper01.INI

In the Tracks folder, there's only Track 11. And only mission 11 in the MissionScripts folder. There is an spm start and spm progress in the sounds folder though. Nothing anywhere about KARR, unfortunately. The demo I have (which I linked to the page on my site) happens to only have the one mission included.

dragonball1957
Operative

Post by dragonball1957 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:16 pm

lol. those are no problem.

but if see if u can find spmtart.wave and spmend.wav in ur Data/sounds folder .

if not the addon sould fill in the gaps anyway.

I should be able to give u everything still . although u got only 2 levels to play with.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:29 pm

DragonBall1957,I see youve been keeping busy tweaking the game like crazy so I was wondering aside from just calibration of the car.Have you figured out a way to change kitts looks?I mean the dashboard.Maybe add the red knight logo on the steering wheel,The switch pods behind the wheel?The dash itself needs meters like crazy,Maybe just change it to look like there there but off.I also want to change the modulator.Make it read pursuit or auto cruide.Look Ma!No hands!!!!

I've been tweaking my favorite game knight rider mission vice city,or better know to everyone as vice city.I call it that because I've replaced the main player to be the guy who looks like Michael Knight with changes to the skin such as belt buckle,afro and sideburns,as well as open buttoned shirt. and the jack a bit.

I still need help in putting hasslehoffs face over the figure.Any help would be great guys.I would teach you how to rig everything if one can make a satisfactory skin.

I also replaced the romero hearse with kitt which allows you to just type in "The last ride" to make kitt drop out of the sky.I know I know better then a comn link wristwatch.

Kitts Calibration.I copied over the cheetah measurements and suspension and stuff using car editor but shot up kitts top speed to 150 and acceleration to 50-75.Made him almost indestructable level 1.Set the police cars to level 100 1 hit they go boom boom.Like Knight of the phoenix.Then theres this trainer patch,Makes the car doors lock up so the cops wont be able toi bust you.Man I love this game.Knight Rider Mission Vice city.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:18 pm

dragonball1957 wrote: but if see if u can find spmtart.wave and spmend.wav in ur Data/sounds folder . if not the addon sould fill in the gaps anyway.
Nope I have an SpmProgress.wav, SpmStart.wav and an spmstop.wav though.
dragonball1957 wrote: I should be able to give u everything still . although u got only 2 levels to play with.
That's ok, I can't even keep up with Garthe's helicopter. :lol:

dragonball1957
Operative

Post by dragonball1957 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:11 pm

to FUzziedice : thx , since u found those files , then i guaruntee 100% that SuperPursuitMode can be used the demo.

Oh , if u can check out 1 more thing for me . Can u run the game and goto options /controls . If u can can u tell me if theres an SPm button option there even though the game doesnt have it right now ? thx

and for that other guy , there is a way to change kitts visuals colors and all sorts of stuff.

have u ever saw those bunch of .NIF files ? those are the files that have the information. there like different models and pictures and stuff. I tried tracing what the .NIF files are used for along while back. theres a kit available to use to open and edit or create these files.

The problem is that its like over 100 bucks (looking for a job) and u can only sign up for a demo in the mail. ALso i forgot the name of the site . I reformated to dual boot and for got to backup my Favorites folder. ill have to look for it and see again. :D
Last edited by dragonball1957 on Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dragonball1957
Operative

Post by dragonball1957 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:12 pm

oh and one more thing .

I dont have Grand Thief AUto Vice City right now. but im going to try and get it.

I have Grand thief auto 1 2 and 3 though , All for PC /full versions.

im a noob with editing that stuff. dont know a thing about that though

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:32 am

Sorry to say, when I added the mods from your site, the game got as far as Michael saying "Stay with 'em, KITT!" and then it just stopped and exited the program with no error messages, warnings, or anything. :(

In the demo version, there is no "options" in the menu either, btw. In fact, the Screen Resolution and color were both unchangeable with the mods and without them they were changeable and correct.

I guess this means the mods are not compatible with the demo version of the game. That's ok. All the more reason to save up and get the game. :)

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:41 am

Fuzziedice - Thanks for the suggestion - however seeing as I am not using my own computer but someone else's I am not able to download it. If I could get my computer hooked up to the net then I would deffinitly download it from your site. But like I said - thanks for the suggestion. 8) :wink: