SitcomsOnline.com DVD Review of KNIGHT RIDER SEASON ONE!

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pavanbadal
Recruit

SitcomsOnline.com DVD Review of KNIGHT RIDER SEASON ONE!

Post by pavanbadal » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:21 am

Hi guys, I had the pleasure to review this fine set and I hope I detailed everything, so everyone knows what to expect. Here is the review link:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/knightride ... eview.html

Knight-Rider
Rookie

Post by Knight-Rider » Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:51 pm

Sound Cool, I want it NOW!!!!

KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KITT » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:23 pm

why would a sitcom site review a knight rider dvd?

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TimmyZ1
Volunteer

Post by TimmyZ1 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:29 pm

I so can't wait until Aug 3rd

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:30 pm

Does it matter? It is an excellent review pavanbadal! Thanks for sharing it with us. I think you've covered every area, I do have one question about the chapters on the disc. When you hit forward on the Chapter advance during the Episode preview, where does it bring you? I remember hearing that the Ateam DVD chapter forwarding brings you after the first commercial break, making you loose the beginning of the episode. Just curious how it's handled here. Ideally, I would hope that there would be spilt before and after the opening credits.

Can't wait! Sounds like lots of great stuff and attention to detail.

pavanbadal
Recruit

Post by pavanbadal » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:33 pm

KITT wrote:why would a sitcom site review a knight rider dvd?

KITT
That's a good question. This is our second non-sitcom review. The first one we did was The A-Team. And this is the reason why we are doing some dramas now:

*** We are bringing you this A-Team review because we want to make up for not reviewing a few sitcoms that we couldn't obtain, like Friends Season 7 and The Dick Van Dyke Show Season 4 (we did Season 3 though). Every other sitcom since we started this system, we have covered so far. We are also going to review Knight Rider late next month. ***

pavanbadal
Recruit

Post by pavanbadal » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:37 pm

neps wrote:Does it matter? It is an excellent review pavanbadal! Thanks for sharing it with us. I think you've covered every area, I do have one question about the chapters on the disc. When you hit forward on the Chapter advance during the Episode preview, where does it bring you? I remember hearing that the Ateam DVD chapter forwarding brings you after the first commercial break, making you loose the beginning of the episode. Just curious how it's handled here. Ideally, I would hope that there would be spilt before and after the opening credits.

Can't wait! Sounds like lots of great stuff and attention to detail.
I think after the episode preview, when you go to the next chapter it goes to the first scene, rather than the opening credits. There are about 4 or 5 scene selections to choose from. This set is a lot like The A-Team, but better, since this set has special features.

GetKittBack
Rookie

Post by GetKittBack » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:36 pm

very good review makes me even more anixous and i cant wait the hole 15 days without getting excited! all in all a great review but one question is y havent u put the updated pic on ur site?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:33 pm

Really great review and well detailed. Now I must get that DVD next month! :) Sounds like it's going to be a great piece. I hope too that it takes off and Universal puts out the other seasons. Sounds like the folks at Universal done a great job. I think like someone said in another thread, people should email Universal and let them know what a great job they have done on the DVD and very strongly encourage them to put out the other 4 seasons. :) Let them know you definitely would buy them so they know it's worth putting out the other 3 seasons.

advent
Recruit

Re: SitcomsOnline.com DVD Review of KNIGHT RIDER SEASON ONE!

Post by advent » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:14 am

pavanbadal wrote:Hi guys, I had the pleasure to review this fine set and I hope I detailed everything, so everyone knows what to expect. Here is the review link:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/knightride ... eview.html
I have a obvious question, which is - How did you review it? You must of got the set specially sent to you to review it. I have only seen see pics of the set and a menu screen. So did you get to see the complete set?
If you have not the set. How do you know so much about it?

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:46 am

He works for a site that reviews DVDs: http://www.sitcomsonline.com. It's common for companies to send out DVDs previous to the release date in order for the "press" to review them and help promote its release.

advent
Recruit

Post by advent » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:49 am

neps wrote:He works for a site that reviews DVDs: http://www.sitcomsonline.com. It's common for companies to send out DVDs previous to the release date in order for the "press" to review them and help promote its release.
Oh! Well thats that. We another is does get to keep the sets or does return them. And how would can an individual get involved in reviewing dvd's?