Hasselhoff Wants Ben Affleck?

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sith
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Hasselhoff Wants Ben Affleck?

Post by Sith » Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:33 pm

We heard this several months back of course, but several sites have picked up on the following piece from Star Magazine yesterday:

David Hasselhoff is planning to bring the '80s cult TV show 'Knight Rider' back to the big screen and he reportedly wants Ben Affleck to pick up from where he left off in the lead role of Michael Knight.

"Hasselhoff wanted the movie to be serious and sexy, with a bit of humor just like him," Star magazine quoted a source as saying.

"He looked around Hollywood and saw only one other actor who's sexy, serious and funny, and that's Ben Affleck. He even looks like a young Hasselhoff," he added.

The former 'Baywatch' star is currently busy working on new scripts and he had initially also planned to star in the film himself.

"Now Hasselhoff would either take over the boss-mentor role originated by the late Edward Mulhare, or play Ben's character's dad," revealed the source.

Bah... if this is true, which of course we don't know yet as we shouldn't trust a report like this, I think its a great shame. I'd still prefer Paul Walker over him anyday.

http://www.newkerala.com/news-daily/new ... 1&id=26817

http://www.webindia123.com/news/showdet ... ertainment

http://www.123bharath.com/india-news/in ... ews&id=752

GetKittBack
Rookie

Post by GetKittBack » Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:00 pm

i hope this is not true

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:05 pm

Paul Walker would be a better Michael Knight. He's young and girls would like him better. He would have a better looking sense of humor than Affleck. Affleck is way too old for the role of Michael Knight.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:14 pm

Oh hell yeah Paul Walker would be better Pauel Walker can drive that Transam around anyday better then Ben Affleck.Pauel Walker got your back.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:21 pm

heh, as I have said before, I would prefer Affleck over Walker. He is more suited to the role and Walker would attract the F&F crowd which i wouldn't want.

And Affleck is 32. But when it comes to logic, this is KR we are talking about, after all.....

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight224
Operative

Post by Knight224 » Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:15 pm

Like GetKittBack said, I HOPE THIS IS NOT TRUE!

Plus, who cares if the actor looks like Hasselhoff? Remember, David plays Michael KNIGHT not Michael LONG. Derh :lol: :P :D
Knight Rider 2day 2morrow 4ever

Leaving the forum May 3, 2006. (Losing internet connection.) Thanks for all the wonderful memories!!! -- Dropped in Feb 18, 2008 to say 'hi'.

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:07 am

Some of you seem to forget David's goal is to play Michael Knight himself. Whoever turns out to be the lead Affleck or Walker if David's idea holds true til the end will be playing Michael Knight's son.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:28 pm

I don't like the son concept. I'm hoping its more a Protégé concept like in Batman beyond. The original Batman has retired, but is training a new Batman. This would also free up wanting the actor to look like Hasselhoff.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:36 am

Hey guys and girls

I have on tape a snipet of a morning program that airs in Australia here with news about the new Knight Rider movie which could possibly star Ben Affleck. If someone can host it I can capture it onto PC and send it to them. The snipet is about 2 minutes long.

Please PM me if you can host it [just incase I forget which thread i posted this in.]

Regards
Adam

PursuitMode-1983
Volunteer

Post by PursuitMode-1983 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:58 am

David... you've gotta be kidding right? this guy is too much of an A-list pretty boy, like I said before! If a relative unknown takes the role, then it would allow him to base his career on the character, possibly leading to a new series of KR.

Who possibly could see Ben Affleck starring week-in week-out in an ongoing series...? although the series itself may be a bad idea if the film flops, but either way - NO BEN AFFLECK!!!

PM-83
Tony: You hunk of tin didn't you see her??!

KARR: I was watching you de-activate the Rev, was he malfunctioning...?

*Trust Doesn't Rust*

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:06 am

I totally agree with you there sarfraz, I hope they drop the son as a descendant if thats the way they are going. It would give the choice alot more freedom, and the fandom a lot less restriction then explaining a connection to Michael Knight. There really isn't any need. The character could have alot of depth without it.

MrPayner, if you want to email me I can give you some space to host the clip.

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:14 am

After hearing some rumors, I'm really skeptical about a Knight Rider movie. My main fear is that they're going to mess it up. I don't think Ben would make a good 'Knight Rider'. And god, I hope they don't mess up Kitt. Like they did in Knight Rider 2000. I was outraged to see what happened to Kitt. Dismantled, placed in a 50's Chevy, then placed in a new red sports car. No offence, but thats just not the Kitt I remember. I just don't see the fans standing for anything less than Kitt as a black Trans-Am. I mean thats how we all remember him as. I mean I could never get used to "Kift". Kift didn't look cool. Kitt just didn't look good in that car. And I also hated the way they made his new engine sound. It just didn't sound powerful (I miss the classic turbine whine). In my humble opinion they should keep Kitt as the old black 80's Trans-Am, but give him a new dash and a bunch of other upgrades. But cosmeticly speaking, he should be kept in that 80's Trans-Am, I grew up watching that car. It would just be so hard to adjust to anything else. I guess I'm one of those people who can hate change. In this case, I think putting Kitt in some weird new car would be a mistake. As for a new Knight Rider. I'm not sure who would be best suited for the role. I'm very undecided on that. But I do feel Affleck just wouldn't make a good Knight Rider. He was good as the "Daredevil", but the Knight Rider role just doesn't suit him in my opinion. David Hasselhoff is aging, yes. Thats probably why he can't play the "Knight Rider" this time around. But I am confident a good replacement will be found. But please..Don't mess up Kitt. I mean hey, its the early 21st century, that old Trans-Am has plenty of life left in it! Give him a new turbine, dasboard, and you're ready to rock & role. I think thats a good comprimise, give Kitt a new interior look, but keep the exterior the same. But, thats just me.

themarvelous3
Operative

Post by themarvelous3 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:29 am

i hate ben afflec...but PAUL WALKER???? you've got to be KIDDING ME! i feel so let down by knight rider fans asking for walker. if anyone can FIND a worse actor than paul walker, i'd love to see him. i would take AFFLEC over walker ANY DAY

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:37 am

What about....an unknown actor to play the role? That way, our minds aren't clouded with stereotypical thoughts of high profile actors that would be in the role. I chose Affleck over Walker but that's not saying much, I'd still think of him as the guy who wore a skin tight suit in DD.

I think an unknown would work as Hasselhoff was, practically, when he got the role of Michael.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:56 am

Well...Hayden nearly has the afro... lol

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:26 am

and NO star wars actors! :P..otherwise, make kitt fly in space and see if i care.

Skav

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:50 pm

*scriptwriters read this thread*

"Gee... what a swell idea... Knight Rider in space... Lets get to work..."

:P

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:25 pm

actually, when i think about it, that is a kinda of a cool concept, isn't it?

Skav

themarvelous3
Operative

Post by themarvelous3 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:55 pm

...and in come the Jason X movie fans. good, make the outter space one and then years later we can make a REAL KR movie and pretend that one never happened...wait a minute. we already do that to an extent with KR2000. huh...oh well

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:08 pm

lol...nah, i was joking but jason x was cool! :P

Skav

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:37 pm

neps wrote:MrPayner, if you want to email me I can give you some space to host the clip.
Cool, thanks mate. I'll do it on the weekend when i have some proper time.

Regards
Adam

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:31 am

You people really wanna see the kr movie in death, if you want a good movie stick with the script and the kr legend, Hasselhoff shouldn't have devon come back, the actors dead, just have him show up as a gravestone, why a hologram thats so sad, your killing the actors pride. Most of all I think that Hasselhoff is gonna make a good film, he is familiar with the show inside and out, he should have glen a. larson help out, and maybe some ideas of today, but more important stick with the script, no movie will go wrong if you stick with it!

KnightRiderLS1
Volunteer

Post by KnightRiderLS1 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:51 pm

I just really hope they use the same car for KITT.

I REALLY wish they would use the 98-02 style Firebird (it REALLY looks like it was modeled after KITT with the lights and even the hole in the center where the light bar would go.

They probably won't since they don't make the car anymore but it really is a shame since Pontiac has ALWAYS been great about lendind their cars to awesome movies and shows (Smokey and the Bandit and Knight Rider, both Trans-Ams).

KITT was cool because it was a new car (at the time) but it was also a car most people could afford and would see on the street (unlike Vipers and other cars).

Man, I just don't see Ben Affleck bringing this movie to life. No Firebird and a bad match for the actor is going to kill what could be the rebirth of an awesome concept.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:37 pm

Those Bandit Trans Ams are so cool. I want one as a first car. I want it with t-tops, all black paint with gold decals and the Firebird on the hood.
I can dream the amount of ggirls i'll pick up.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers