New Fanfic -- The Fire Is Hope

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightshade
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

New Fanfic -- The Fire Is Hope

Post by knightshade » Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:43 am

If anyone's reading my Disintegrate series, the Fire Is Hope is finally finished.

You can find it at http://www.krdisintegrate.homestead.com

GetKittBack
Rookie

Post by GetKittBack » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:13 pm

hey great stories of what i read am to lazy to read most of the time but keep them comin. :P

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:06 pm

I was wondering, maybe they could start a separate forum for fanfic? That way folks can announce there, and even maybe post short stories for others to review and help them with? I think it would be neat, but then that's just my idea. ;)

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:28 pm

That is a good idea, FuzzieDice, and we've talked about the possibility of setting up something like that, but there are drawbacks. With the fics being posted in the general discussion area, more people see them. We don't have separate forums for the games or conversions, so it would kind of segregate the fic writers a little bit if there was a separate forum. But I think the biggest thing right now, is that I don't think there would be a whole lot of interest. There's not a lot of fic on the board right now, so . . . I don't know.

I do think it might be fun, but I don't think it's in the cards right now.

But I do have a goal of trying to get the archive up to date one of these days. :wink:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:32 pm

That's ok. Maybe someday. :) I don't write much fic, no time. But I do like reading the stuff. :) It's a shame there isn't too much fic out there that is to my taste. Mainly, I go for the KITT-As-Android/human, KITT as a racer, KITT in Hazard County (Dukes of Hazard ;) and hacker/computer/tech stuff. I'm never into military, childbirth, children, marriage, family, or stuff with too much sex/romance in it. Mostly into the technical type KITT fanfic. :)

Stuff I've liked was one I read when KITT encountered Christine in a junkyard on Hallween night, KITT at a Christmas Party as an Android, Dukes of Hazard stories with KITT in them. And one about KITT carving a Halloween pumpkin. :) I also like stuff with KARR in it as well, especially alternate universe stuff like KARR in FLAG type thing.

I guess sometime I should make more of my own, but like I say, no time. :( I have 3 web sites to run, and thinking of starting a 4th, painting my apartment, restoring my Pontiac 6000 to a "Knighted Ride" (KITT-inspired car) on a shoestring budget (it also needs LOTS of maintenance and body/interior work right now), trying to hopefully plan and actually START a home business... catches up on me. :)

So I get online some nights and search for a good "bedtime story" to read about KITT. :)

I'll just keep my eyes open then in this forum and watch for more fics. :)

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:39 pm

There are a lot of fics that I think would fit your bill there FuzzieDice. It just sometimes take a little time to find them all. Happy hunting.

It sounds like you've got a lot on your plate. You'll have to show us pictures of your restored car when you get it done. :D

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:13 am

Yeah, IF I get it done. The #1 problem is financial (living on limited income due to disability). So I have to save pennies here and there and get creative on how to go about it. I do have a picture on the main page of my site of how I'd like it to look, and that's what my avatar here is, too. :) It's coming along slowly. Reminds me, I have to update the site again. Replaced the PCV valve this month. I was hoping sometime I can get started on cleaning up the engine a bit and doing some body work, plus getting the rubber around the driver side door re-glued...

But as I make progress, updates and pictures will be found on my site. :)