Knight rider 2000

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

K.I.A.N
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight rider 2000

Post by K.I.A.N » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:58 pm

I know this has probably been talked about at least a millon times but do you think Knight Rider 2000 was a good or bad way to continue or end knight rider. I think it was bad. KITT didn't act like KITT. devon dies :cry:. bonnie was not in it. They completely diched michael and KITT's partnership. In some ways it was good but mostly bad. Not a good way to end Knight rider. I understand they where trying to bring back Knight Rider but even then they messed it up badly. (I'm evil aren't I :twisted: )
Fan Of The New Knight Rider!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:12 pm

Actually I agree with you for the same reasons. I kinda felt pretty sad when that came out. It was like things really ended then. To me, KITT is a witty, humorous, sweet, crime-fighting modified 1982 black trans am and what he had with Micheal pretty much made the show. Kitt was fantastic. When they put him in that red contraption, changed his name (it was "KIFT" for Knight Industries Four Thousand) and also his personality, it just didn't "fit". I was sad to see Devon go, and didn't like that other woman having part of KITT in her brain. It was just crazy.

I don't know maybe they were trying to pave the way for Team Knight Rider or something. That one my dad didn't even like and so I figured the Knight Rider as I knew it was pretty much over with. I would watch reruns until those weren't shown anymore either. :?

I'm going to be SO happy when I get the Season 1 DVD set! :)

KARR 2004
Recruit

Post by KARR 2004 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:45 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:Actually I agree with you for the same reasons. I kinda felt pretty sad when that came out. It was like things really ended then. To me, KITT is a witty, humorous, sweet, crime-fighting modified 1982 black trans am and what he had with Micheal pretty much made the show. Kitt was fantastic. When they put him in that red contraption, changed his name (it was "KIFT" for Knight Industries Four Thousand) and also his personality, it just didn't "fit". I was sad to see Devon go, and didn't like that other woman having part of KITT in her brain. It was just crazy.

I don't know maybe they were trying to pave the way for Team Knight Rider or something. That one my dad didn't even like and so I figured the Knight Rider as I knew it was pretty much over with. I would watch reruns until those weren't shown anymore either. :?

I'm going to be SO happy when I get the Season 1 DVD set! :)
I agree. It seemed like Knight Rider: 2000 was, more than anything, an act of desperation to start a new series. I didn't like the fact that KITT was put into a new body, and I was saddened by Devon's death. It just didn't seem right that he wasn't there for the end. I also didn't like the way Michael and KITT's relationship ended. It was too anticlimactic. There were no real goodbyes between the two of them. Michael just got in his car and waved as he was leaving.

K.I.A.N
Rookie

Post by K.I.A.N » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:21 pm

Wow I didn't know a lot of people hated it. I try to act that Kinght Rider 2000 never hapend I bet a lot of people do to.
Fan Of The New Knight Rider!

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:20 pm

Knight Rider 2000...a really sad way of ending a great series. Yeah it was a reunion movie for the original cast minus Patricia Macpherson (Bonnie), but it had an awful script. Not to mention the crappy car that they used as KITT's reincarnation (KIFT)...and they colored it RED! No other color can be as cool as BLACK, no other. What a big letdown for the fans of the original series.

comets78
Rookie

Post by comets78 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:45 pm

personally i felt l going into my tv set and kicking that "new" boss when he said they liquate? for part come on now compare the two cars which won was better! i know it was just a tv show but please it still hurt a little

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:23 pm

8) I Have to agree that The Knight Rider Movie Sucked. I did enjoy the first part of it but when they used the dodge car for K.I.F.T. I wondered why they would do that. David Hasselhoff was only one of the main attractions to the show. K.I.T.T. was the main reason why I watched the show. I mean, come on, back then that to me was the coolest car. I also like watching the show the see Bonnie Barstol. She was and still is encredibly good looking. I do plan on getting the movie on D.V.D. when It comes out but only because of the title and the fact that David is in the movie with K.I.T.T.'s voice. Otherwise - I wouldn't even think about it. 8)

beatle64
Recruit

Post by beatle64 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:49 pm

I guess I'm the only person who enjoyed KR2000. I'm not going to sit here and say it was the greatest piece of film making either. I enjoyed it as a fun little look at what happens in the year 2000 to FFLAG. I hated what they did to Devon, it was cheap and cold. But I liked the up grade to KITT. KIFT would have blended in better for the year 2000 than KITT. KITT would have stood out too much. And I don't agree with tearing him to pieces and sell him for spare parts.

But like I said I just don't take it seriously and I've been enjoying it for years.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:49 am

I suck I never saw the movie! :x I would enjoy to see it. Is the movie going to be on the Season 1 DVD pack? I think I read that somewhere.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:14 am

Yes, it will be. :) So those that didn't see the KR2K movie will get to see it then.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:17 pm

Alright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers