final episodes of knight rider?

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

nextelbuddy
Recruit

final episodes of knight rider?

Post by nextelbuddy » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:02 pm

i was curious. i have never seen the final episodes of knight rider. can anyoen tell me what happened? wehat happene to KITT and michael did they go their separate ways? im trying to bridge teh gap between what i saw in knight rider 2000 and what i saw of the regular episodes. realyy wat i want to know is just what happened in teh final episodes of KR...

thanx guys

whet
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by whet » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:58 pm

The last episode aired in 1986"Voodoo Knight"

not the best of episode's it has to be said.

Basicly it just ended like a regular episode no leaving nothing more than that realy.

alough in the come back movie"Knight Rider 2000"set in the then future year of 2000,

michael had left to run a fishing charter, and Kitt had been put in storeage!

nextelbuddy
Recruit

Post by nextelbuddy » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:02 pm

yea i saw the movie. a long time ago but i can not find it anywhere on tape or dvd. not even online.

that sucks about the last episodes they just end like that nothing special. wow thats a dissapointment.

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:26 pm

I would prefer a tame ending to a melodramatic, overdone, soap-like climax, or anticlimax. Rather than a "tearful farewell", or "grand, happy send-off", or "happily ever after", I would have a "back to work", or "Business as usual" ending.

KARR 2004
Recruit

Post by KARR 2004 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:09 pm

"Voodoo Knight" was a dissapointing series finale. I thought "The Scent of Roses" would have been a better way to wrap up the series, seeing as how that episode completed the Michael Long/Stevie story arch. That, and the fact that the way the episode ended, with Michael deciding to return to the Foundation after Stevie's death offered a nice transition into the events of Knight Rider: 2000.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:05 pm

"Scent of Roses" was what David Hasselhoff wanted to air as the last episode but NBC chose to air "Voodoo Knight" as the last episode, which was definitely a big disappointment to him and all the fans.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:39 pm

In my opinion Voodoo Knight was the worst episode of Knight Rider. Nothing made it seem like a finale. It didn't even have Bonnie! That made it suck more.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

KARR 2004
Recruit

Post by KARR 2004 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:58 pm

TurbomanKnight wrote:In my opinion Voodoo Knight was the worst episode of Knight Rider. Nothing made it seem like a finale. It didn't even have Bonnie! That made it suck more.
Does anyone know why Patricia McPherson wasn't in the episode? It always struck me as being somewhat odd that Bonnie just dissapeared from view, without any sort of farewell to the fans or other characters. She just "wasn't there," leaving fans full of questions and dissapointment.

KARR 2004
Recruit

Post by KARR 2004 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:59 pm

KFCreator wrote:"Scent of Roses" was what David Hasselhoff wanted to air as the last episode but NBC chose to air "Voodoo Knight" as the last episode, which was definitely a big disappointment to him and all the fans.
Why exactly was this done? NBC has done some terribly stupid things.

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:30 am

Does anyone know why Patricia McPherson wasn't in the episode? It always struck me as being somewhat odd that Bonnie just dissapeared from view, without any sort of farewell to the fans or other characters. She just "wasn't there," leaving fans full of questions and dissapointment.
Hmmmm.....even in "Mouth of the Snake", Devon was just in the screen on KITT's dash, and in "Big Iron", he was disguised as a customer. April didn't appear in either episode.

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:16 am

Don't forget though folks, back in the 80's special series finale's for shows didn't exist. That was a trend started in the 90's I believe. ...Just like those evil network logos. lol

UKKnightRiderFan
Volunteer

Post by UKKnightRiderFan » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:04 am

I've never seen Voodoo Knight, but I've seen Scent of Roses and I would of preferred Scent of Roses being the final episode of Knight Rider.

KARR 2004
Recruit

Post by KARR 2004 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:38 pm

UKKnightRiderFan wrote:I've never seen Voodoo Knight, but I've seen Scent of Roses and I would of preferred Scent of Roses being the final episode of Knight Rider.
You should consider yourself lucky, then. "Voodoo Knight" was not that great of an episode, and it certainly wasn't a good way to wrap up the series. I can think of several other ways that KR could have ended which would have been more exciting.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:17 pm

I've said this before but I personally didn't think VDK was that bad of an episode. Sure, most of the driving was made up of recycled footage but most S4 eps were..it had some stunts in it and was quite humorous.

Knight Song was the worst episode ever, IMO.

That had one thing in it and that was michael jumping through a window.

I don't think VDK would receive such a bashing as it does if it wasn't the last ep.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:28 pm

It was better than "Knight in Retreat", "Knight Behind Bars" and a lot of season 2 episodes where the foundation was solving personal/county-centered problems.

KARR 2004
Recruit

Post by KARR 2004 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:46 pm

Arjun wrote:
It was better than "Knight in Retreat", "Knight Behind Bars" and a lot of season 2 episodes where the foundation was solving personal/county-centered problems.
I think Season 2 was the weakest of the four seasons. For starters, I was never a big fan of Rebecca Holden. She did a nice job portraying April Curtis, but my first memories of Knight Rider were of Bonnie being KITT's technician, so I always liked her more. I also didn't think it was necessary to have episodes where the Foundation was trying to solve cases that should have been left for the police to deal with. At this point, nothing specific stands out in my mind, but during the course of several episodes, I remember thinking that FLAG was taking on assignments that were too easy for them.

kitt.pl
Recruit

Post by kitt.pl » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:23 am

Patricia McPherson was not apperance in VOO DOO KNIGHT beacuse producers cut production cost... - information form knight rider legacy

Sorry for English guys

Best regards for all!

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:31 pm

season 2 has some great epis i think
Custom kitt
Soul survivor
Goliath 1 and 2
Knight Mares

and yeah Scent of roses should have ended knight rider.
i love that ending, almost makes me cry :)

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 am

Season 2 was most certanly better than season 4. All I have to say about season 2 is one word: Garthe.