Two Questions

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KARR 2004
Recruit

Two Questions

Post by KARR 2004 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:26 am

1. Is it possible for KITT to be in "Auto Cruise" and "SPM" simultaneously? As far as I know, this never happened during the series, as Michael was always driving KITT when he was in SPM.

2. What was KITT's maximum speed when traveling in SPM?

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Skav » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:35 am

1. No doubt it's possible, say michael got injured again and kitt had to take over the controls, even in SPM, I think he could do this.

2. it was only seen going to 300 mph but i think it could go a lot more.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

themarvelous3
Operative

Post by themarvelous3 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:39 pm

you would think as a safety matter KITT would have been programmed to automatically take over in SPM

did we ever see a top speed? every time i remember the speedometer it was always going up!

KARR 2004
Recruit

Post by KARR 2004 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:36 pm

themarvelous3 wrote:you would think as a safety matter KITT would have been programmed to automatically take over in SPM

did we ever see a top speed? every time i remember the speedometer it was always going up!
I remember KITT reaching speeds of more than three hundred miles per hour, but I don't know if he reached his maxiumum speed. You'd think it would be listed somewhere.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:45 pm

I remember asking KITT what his top speed was when he used to be on display at Universal Studios Hollywood and he said 356.4 mph! Damn fast if you ask me! :shock:
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:31 pm

Did KITT sound just like when he was in the show when you saw him at Universal? What else did you ask him? What else did he say? Just curious. :)

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:58 pm

I actually have a video clip of KITT at Universal from a home video that my dad shot when we were there one time and I'd love to share it on the web but I'm not sure if I have the web space to host it (if memory serves, it's about 8MB in size but could be much smaller probably if I had MPEG-2 or other higher-quality compression capabilities). I'll see if I can upload it to my web space but no proomises. Maybe someone else could host the file for me?

As for what KITT said and what I asked, I honestly don't remember because I was 7 years old the first time I sat inside KITT and 13 the second time. I do remember asking if David Hasselhoff ever came by to visit KITt and he said he had been by a few times. Unfortunately, it wasn't the same voice as on the show, it was a guy who sounded pretty much nothing like KITT and that was a bit of a disappointment but still didn't dampen things too much seeing as how I got to sit inside KITT and talk to him and that was good enough for me! I think I also have some pictures scanned in that I could post of KITT at Universal that I may be able to post also.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:03 pm

KFCreator wrote:Maybe someone else could host the file for me?
I'd be happy to host. Would like to see that vid myself. :)

PM me your e-mail addy to discuss it.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:34 pm

Cool that you got some video KFCreator. :) What format is it in? I have video editing and enconding/compression on my system (I built my own system sepecifically for video and multimedia so it's a powerhouse :))

As for web space, my hosting company is giving me "unlimited" space and bandwidth. They are nice folks and all, but I don't think they'd like 200+ hits on an 8MB file in a month or anything like that. ;) I think Sith's offer would be best.

However, if you PM me, and Sith has it on his site and you let me know, I can probably download it and see if I can compress it more and still keep good enough quality. Can't promise I can do much for the file size but I can try.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:19 pm

Here's the link to the file! Thanks for the offer Sith, but I got it finally! :-)

http://members.aol.com/Adamki2000/kittuniversal.mov (8MB QuickTime movie)

P.S. Sorry for the long load time, not sure why that's happening but I apologize! Also I should note that the boy in the car is not me, just for those who are wondering!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:48 pm

I'm trying to download it. :) Since it's hosted on AOL, it could be the reason why it's slow (and you might have visitors locked out of your web site if the bandwidth, ie. number of people downloading the file, increases). I don't know if I can convert .mov files though. I can usually do .wmv and Windows Media files. I'll see what I can come up with, but can't promise...

Still will be nice to see the video. Thanks for posting it. :)

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:52 pm

Yeah, I'm aware that bandwidth may be an issue if a lot of people try to watch the video. If anyone wants to download the movie from the page I'm hosting it on now and then re-post it on their site, I'll be more than happy to grant permission.

Windows Users: If you don't have QuickTime software installed (or it's out of date), go to http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download and download the latest version. That way you don't have to worry about not being able to view this and other QuickTime media files on the web.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:36 am

Good video... hehe...

Any idea where they put the speakerphone? It seems too loud to be coming from inside the car? :?

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:09 pm

My guess is that there's a speakerphone inside and outside of the car. When you're sitting in the driver's seat, it sounds like it's at about the right volume for KITT's voice so that's the only thing I can think of.

To keep this thread on topic, I would assume that KITT can be in Auto mode while SPM was engaged. In Scent of Roses when Michael is shot, wasn't KITT left in SPM mode? He had to drive himself after that so one can only assume that he has control over Auto Cruise and SPM at the same time if that was true. Unless he "buttoned up" before going into Auto Mode...hmmmm

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:09 pm

That is a cool video but the scanner sounds like it needs charging up :P

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KARR 2004
Recruit

Post by KARR 2004 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:48 pm

KFCreator wrote:My guess is that there's a speakerphone inside and outside of the car. When you're sitting in the driver's seat, it sounds like it's at about the right volume for KITT's voice so that's the only thing I can think of.

To keep this thread on topic, I would assume that KITT can be in Auto mode while SPM was engaged. In Scent of Roses when Michael is shot, wasn't KITT left in SPM mode? He had to drive himself after that so one can only assume that he has control over Auto Cruise and SPM at the same time if that was true. Unless he "buttoned up" before going into Auto Mode...hmmmm
KITT actually shut down SPM as Michael was getting out of the car, just before he was shot. During the episode video preview trailer, there's a shot of Durante ordering his men to finish Michael off, and KITT is seen cutting in front of Michael's body in order to take the bullets. He was in his normal configuration when he did this.