what music would you like to hear in a new Knight Rider??

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

whet
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

what music would you like to hear in a new Knight Rider??

Post by whet » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:59 pm

If a new season of Knight Rider was to be made today what music would be good for the show??

I think Micheal listening to "The darkness" would be amusing.

I can just hear kitt complaining about it :lol:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:47 pm

Some Rammstein, he'd probably complain about the German language :P

Michael mostly listens to rock music so I can't imagine anything but rock except for when it comes to KITT, it's a bit of mozart and beethoven.

I can't think of any updated music that kitt would like so far.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

themarvelous3
Operative

Post by themarvelous3 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:33 am

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:14 am

Hmmmm...Queensryche, Armored Saint, Scorpions, Machine Head, Fear Factory, Biohazard, Bruce Dickinson, Testament and the Seattle Grunge bands would provide fresh relief from that cheesy 80's music. Of course, these are someone elses tastes, not Michael Knight's, so you'll have to make up another character.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:22 pm

I am a huge fan of Pimping Out KITT when I turn 17 so I guess some Hip Hop, maybe Techno beat when he's chasing the guy, has to have lots of bass, and of course a good beat!

SwEeTiNsAnItY
Operative

Post by SwEeTiNsAnItY » Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:45 am

I dunno, a little bit of everything would be nice, I dun wanna limit it to just one genre 'cuz I think it would depend on the scene... but the thought of KITT bumpin' "Get Low" by Lil' Jon and all them peoples makes me giggle :P And The Bloodhound Gang and the Spice Girls just to show him what he missed out on during the 90s :lol:

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:11 pm

No, no, n'ah! 80's music!

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:54 pm

Id like to hear some Sawyer Brown on the show.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:53 pm

I'd like to see him listen to "Fire It Up" by Busta Rhymes, seeing that it samples the KR theme.

But in addition:
1. "Meant to Live" by Switchfoot.
2. "In the Shadows" by the Ramus
3. "One Man Army" by Our Lady Peace
4. "Whoo Hoo" by The 5, 6, 7, 8s
5. "My Weakness" by Moby.

comets78
Rookie

Post by comets78 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:14 pm

five for fighting :)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:45 am

Skav wrote:I can't think of any updated music that kitt would like so far.
I could see KITT getting into some electronica/techno/trance stuff or the amiga MOD type music. Like "Progress The House" or even "Oro". Maybe even something classy and not quite Techno like "Jack that House Built" from Jack 'n' Chill Cover. Maybe he'd like a little Jazz even. :) I mean, tastes can change and he can grow a bit...

Now, if I were driving KITT he'd hate me. I'd crank up the KMFDM, Ramstien or even some Kid Rock or especially Rob Zombie/White Zombie! I think he'd eject me without even bothering to pull over. :shock: :lol:

Now if I was nice, I'd ask him to take a listen to some of the electronica stuff and I think he might tolerate (or even like) it... :D

SwEeTiNsAnItY
Operative

Post by SwEeTiNsAnItY » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:37 am

lol yeah I can definetely see KITT goin' for some techno, if anything... Busta Rhymes' "Fire it up" would be cool though :P

kido
Operative

Post by kido » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:31 pm

How about Ozzy! :P
Knight Industries Defence One

Knight Storm
Rookie

Post by Knight Storm » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:59 pm

Oh Kitt would be absoulty disgusted by Ozzy I think. :lol:

Kitt: Why does he have to use so many Profanities?! LOL That whole family has problems with cursing^-^;

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:59 pm

:lol: Yeah, and that NOISE! I'm not much of an Ozzy fan myself, so I kinda would sympathize with KITT in a way. But then, Kid Rock is much more worse. I'm sure KITT would loathe Kid Rock more than Ozzy. :D

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:43 pm

Hey, why not Lords of Acid? :) Driving techno beats. That would be fun. :)

KARR 2004
Recruit

Post by KARR 2004 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:42 pm

This is an interesting topic. A few years ago, someone wrote a KR fan fiction series that featured a re-vamped FLAG team- Michael, KITT, Devon, Bonnie, KARR, and Jon Black, a fictional character who was KARR's driver. At one point during the series, KARR developa strange glitch in his programing that caused him to like polka music. It drove Jon crazy. After the glitch was repaired, KARR started listening to Korn and Pig. He and Jon argued constantly about what music to play. I believe KARR had a line where he said, "If I have to hear the words 'don't fear the reaper' one more time, I'm going to lose my mind."

kido
Operative

Post by kido » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:43 pm

I could see Kitt listening to the song "Mr.Roboto" by Styx. :)
Knight Industries Defence One

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:39 pm

About the KARR fanfic: Where is the link? I'd like to read that one. :) That would sound realy funny! LOL!

If KITT don't mind rap, he could even listen to "Intergalactic" by the Beasty Boys. :)

I remember an techno/electronica tune called "The Red Robot Theme Song" by Kompressor In Action (main lyrics was "Crush All Humans!") and at one point in the song was "Human has soft and fleshy brain." and something that the human can stay out in the rain because they don't rust! LOL! That would be a good one for KARR. :twisted:

KARR 2004
Recruit

Post by KARR 2004 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:12 am

FuzzieDice wrote:About the KARR fanfic: Where is the link? I'd like to read that one. :) That would sound realy funny! LOL!
I'm not sure if the site still exists. The fan-fiction series was known as "Knight Rider Legends." I first learned about it six years ago. It took place during the late nineties and early 2000's, so the author was writing it on the assumption that the events of Knight Rider: 2000 never took place. Michael, Devon, KITT, and Bonnie all made their return for the series, as did a new and improved KARR, who as I mentioned earlier, was teamed with an ex-FBI agent named Jon Black.

I'll look around and see if the site is still up somewhere.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:30 am

If you mean http://www.geocities.com/~karr1982/ then that one Yahoo/Geocities says that page isn't found. I couldn't find anything else on "Knight Rider Legends" using Google. Darn, it's a shame things like that aren't around anymore. :(

This site even confirms it: http://www.spencer1984.com/my_models/krlkitt.html

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:29 am

Man, do I feel old. Who are you guys talking about?!?!? :-|
"What do you mean, 'get'? You ARE in big trouble." -KITT, Not a Drop to Drink.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:04 am

Supposedly someone wrote fan fiction under the title of "Knight Rider Legends" back before the KR2000 movie and had an alternate type storyline where KARR was in FLAG and assigned a driver. Unfortunately, those stories don't seem to be on the internet anymore. :( And I did try the Internet Way Back Machine as well. Still found nothing. :?

KARR 2004
Recruit

Post by KARR 2004 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:17 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:Supposedly someone wrote fan fiction under the title of "Knight Rider Legends" back before the KR2000 movie and had an alternate type storyline where KARR was in FLAG and assigned a driver. Unfortunately, those stories don't seem to be on the internet anymore. :( And I did try the Internet Way Back Machine as well. Still found nothing. :?
I couldn't find anything either. I wish there was a way to contact the person who ran the site, to see if he might still have copies of the stories he wrote. There were only three stories written during the time that I visited the site, but he was supposedly working on more. It's really too bad the site is no longer around. In addition to the fan fiction, there were also all sorts of neat banners and graphics at the site, which people were allowed to use if they wanted to advertise about KRL on their site.

KARR 2004
Recruit

Post by KARR 2004 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:19 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:If you mean http://www.geocities.com/~karr1982/ then that one Yahoo/Geocities says that page isn't found. I couldn't find anything else on "Knight Rider Legends" using Google. Darn, it's a shame things like that aren't around anymore. :(

This site even confirms it: http://www.spencer1984.com/my_models/krlkitt.html
Yes, that was the URL for the site. I really wish I had a way to contact the person who ran it. I had spoken with him a number of years ago, when he first started the project. At the time, he seemed really excited about putting the series together and writing several stories. Unforunately, he didn't get that far.