Did The Semi have Auto Cruise?

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Did The Semi have Auto Cruise?

Post by TurbomanKnight » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:14 pm

I remember that 4th seasonepisode when those bikers hi-jacked the semi and thrown Reginald out. Well, he was watching a basketball game with his feet up and staring at the screen? Can you Imagine the semi with a dashboard like Kitt?
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Knight224
Operative

Post by Knight224 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:23 pm

LOLOLOL Now that you say it... aha ha ha ha... I couldn't even begin to imagine!
Knight Rider 2day 2morrow 4ever

Leaving the forum May 3, 2006. (Losing internet connection.) Thanks for all the wonderful memories!!! -- Dropped in Feb 18, 2008 to say 'hi'.

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:34 am

What about the first three seasons? We never knew who drove the truck!

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:56 am

I think its assumed it had Auto Cruise too.

However, remember in KITT vs KARR where KARR turbo boosted into the trailer?

Well, there is a scene shortly after of a chap in a Knight Industries outfit pulling the damaged door off the truck. That could have been the driver IMO.

82TransAm
Recruit

Post by 82TransAm » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:27 pm

I think it would have been funny as all get out if the trailer had the MBS on it and KARR would have bounced off like a rubber ball!!! hehehehehe

KARR 2004
Recruit

Post by KARR 2004 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:34 pm

If I remember correctly, the semi did have some sort of autopilot program. It wasn't nearly as sophisticated as the auto-cruise program used by KITT or KARR, but it did enable the semi to be operated without a driver.

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:57 am

Does FLAG need a carrier plane? A Hercules? That will help them carry out missions overseas.

Dome
Rookie

Post by Dome » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:40 am

In one episode there was a dialogue between Devon and RC. I don'tm know the exact quote because I have seen it only in German.

RC comes into the Trailer of the SEMI

Devon: RC, why are you not in the Driver's cabine?
RC: it is running by the new Auto Pilot

(it was something like this)

KARR 2004
Recruit

Post by KARR 2004 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:41 am

Arjun wrote:Does FLAG need a carrier plane? A Hercules? That will help them carry out missions overseas.
I'm surprised this idea never actually became reality. It would have been intersting to see FLAG involved in international missions. The closest we saw to that was in "Knight Flight to Freedom," when Michael, KITT, and RC went to Mexico to aid the volcano disaster victims and subdue the military forces in control of San Duarte.

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:19 am

I'm surprised this idea never actually became reality. It would have been intersting to see FLAG involved in international missions. The closest we saw to that was in "Knight Flight to Freedom," when Michael, KITT, and RC went to Mexico to aid the volcano disaster victims and subdue the military forces in control of San Duarte.
I like those missions a lot more. Episodes like "Inside Out", "Plush Ride", "Goliath", "Goliath Returns", "Mouth of the Snake", "Buy Out", and "Knight Flight..." had tough missions, with imposing backdrops. In fact, the first season of Airwolf was full of tough missions.

KARR 2004
Recruit

Post by KARR 2004 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:18 pm

Arjun wrote:
I like those missions a lot more. Episodes like "Inside Out", "Plush Ride", "Goliath", "Goliath Returns", "Mouth of the Snake", "Buy Out", and "Knight Flight..." had tough missions, with imposing backdrops. In fact, the first season of Airwolf was full of tough missions.
I enjoyed those, as well. "Knight Sting" is another episode that springs to mind, because the entire team was involved. Things became much more interesting when everyone was working together, as opposed to just Michael and KITT handling everything.

UKKnightRiderFan
Volunteer

Post by UKKnightRiderFan » Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:04 pm

The Semi did have Auto Cruise functionality, however it was Foundation policy that the driver was behind the wheel at all times. And the semi did have MBS - in a weaker form to that of KITTS