Hasselhoff Arrested

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Hasselhoff Arrested

Post by neps » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:13 am

This just came over the AP:
Ex-'Baywatch' Star Hasselhoff Arrested

15 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - Actor David Hasselhoff (news) was arrested over the weekend for investigation of driving while intoxicated, police said Monday.

The former "Baywatch" star was arrested around 11:20 p.m. Saturday along the 17000 block of Ventura Boulevard in Los Angeles' Encino section, said Officer Sara Faden, a police spokeswoman. He was released the next morning.

No further details were immediately available.

In 2002, Hasselhoff checked himself into the Betty Ford Center for treatment of alcoholism.

The 51-year-old actor is best known for portraying lifeguard Mitch Buchannon in the long-running "Baywatch" TV series. He also starred in the 1980s television show "Knight Rider."
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... sselhoff_1

We wish the best for his family if this report proves true. Alcoholism is a tough disease that many spend their life struggling with. More news as it becomes available.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:21 am

Yes, as fans we should show some support for him. He's had a difficult battle with drink before. These rap rumours certainly can't have been helping him out.

I too wish he and his family well, and hope he doesn't lose his driving license. Else who will drive KITT? ;)

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:16 am

Alcohol. I know it's effetcts well. The horrid one is brain damage.

GetKittBack
Rookie

Post by GetKittBack » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:42 am

if you go through the posts everyone that posted something cant even spell kitt. they spelled it kit. but i hope that david can get through this and live a good healty life after.
Last edited by GetKittBack on Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ocAdamR
Recruit

Post by ocAdamR » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:25 pm

:(
Last edited by ocAdamR on Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:36 pm

Yes, alchoholism is a tough one to beat so something like this should not be surprising if it proves to be true.

I'm glad he was let go the next day, surely this could mean the police are not going ahead with any charges?

I wish him well, we all do crazy things like that at some time in our lives.

He isn't the only one.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:40 pm

*hopes that Skav did not just admit to something*
Ah, yes. Please don't follow Hasselhoff as Your idol, guys. Don't start drinking just becuase he does.

Deferranfan1
Operative

Post by Deferranfan1 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:43 pm

Yea I know how that is, my dad had that problem. But the force will be with you always.
K.A.R.R. STILL LIVES
:kittspin:

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:46 pm

ocAdamR--I don't get the point of the picture you posted of David drinking so maybe someone here can explain it to me? At first glance it seems to be making fun of David for his problem with drinking. If so, that's in very bad taste and should be removed from this thread by an Admin. We're here to support David and wish him the best, not to take shots at him when something bad happens to him. But that's just me and I may have interpreted the picture wrong and if so, then I apologize ahead of time. I just don't want to see anyone putting David down for this.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:47 pm

no, I've never drunk and driven. But it's common and happens a lot in this world.

That's what I meant. He isn't the only one who's done this so we shouldn't be ashamed about it.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:01 pm

KFCreator - Both David Hasselhoff and Brian Bonsall who played Andy (the kid in the picture) on Family Ties were arrested this weekend for driving under the influence.

http://bb.knightrideronline.com/viewtopic.php?t=4937

ocAdamR
Recruit

Post by ocAdamR » Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:55 pm

KFCreator – I’m sorry that you misinterpreted my picture of David and Brian, but I was only making light of the serious situation. I understand alcoholism is very serious and I by no means intended to make fun of anyone.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:04 pm

In a way things like this make me thankful. When I was a teen (about half my life ago) I drank like a fish - but instead of water it was beer and whiskey, combined with antidepressants and cigarettes!

Messes up your health bad, and my stomach was never right ever since. :( Now I don't drink or smoke, not on any medications (don't need any at the moment) and am a vegan. However, councelling in my area at the time unfortunately made me WORSE so I had to get over it myself on my own. When I was a kid, they had some pretty poor mental health "professionals" so I had to leave that and fend for myself. SO LUCKY I was to have the strength to do it alone.

I guess also what stopped me cold at one point was coming back from a rock concert, going to a bowling alley for some drinks then swerving behind the less-traveled backroads and finding telephone poles nearly hitting me at a high rate of speed! SCARY! Miraculously, I made it home without a scratch.

If I had a magic charm with me or a gaurdian angel or whatever, I don't know, but I'd be glad to lend some of it to Mr. Hasselhoff if I could do such a thing.

Whichever way, I do hope he finds the strength within himself to finally kick this thing. Many say "It's a disease, you have it the rest of your life and struggle for life". I found out otherwise. It's curable, and just a matter of strength and determination. At least for me it was. And I've known others to beat it the same way and never struggle with it again. Someone could put strong drinks in front of me and the thought of how it affected my health is enough for me to say "NO way, no thanks... " Not ever again.

Thus, I think I lucked out. Instead of a daily diet of whiskey and pills, my diet consists of filtered Brita water and vegan foods, fruits and vegetables. I feel much better but still disabled with fibromyalgia and other health problems. I've known people to die of pscerosis (sp) of the liver from drinking. I hope it won't happen to Mr. Hasselhoff. If he can find QUALITY help I hope he gets it fast! Or something good...

As for who will drive KITT? Hmmm... KITT I think can drive himself pretty well. :) But I would miss their conversations. :(

Best of wishes to Mr. Hasselhoff. I hope he has the success I did in beating this thing. It may be rough, but never is it impossible!

<3 ---<---@

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:39 pm

neps wrote:KFCreator - Both David Hasselhoff and Brian Bonsall who played Andy (the kid in the picture) on Family Ties were arrested this weekend for driving under the influence.

http://bb.knightrideronline.com/viewtopic.php?t=4937
Still, I feel that photo isn't right. I rarely drink, but I've known alcoholics and it truly is a disese. I am willing to bet that Hasslehoff checks this site to keep up to speed on fans & all their input. We should be supporting him & not posting such images.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

kido
Operative

Post by kido » Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:53 pm

Don't drink and drive,let Kitt do the driveing. :P
Knight Industries Defence One

SwEeTiNsAnItY
Operative

Post by SwEeTiNsAnItY » Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:07 pm

That's surprising to me, I had no idea... wow. I really hope he can get help and overcome it if it's a serious problem, and can learn from his mistake if it was just a case of poor judgement... and if he does check the board, I just want him to know that it doesn't make him any less of a person :)

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:31 pm

The news made Extra tonight. They showed sile footage of Hasselhoff at various events, with a voice-over.

"In today's Star Justice, Dodgeball co-star David Hasselhoff was arrested for driving under the influence. The former Baywatch star was at this McDonald's Drive-Thru in Encino California Saturday Night when a cop pulled him over. After one night in jail, he was released on $15,000 bail."

(Extra is a daily entertainment news/gossip show)
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:04 pm

I hope the arresting officer did'nt make any knight rider jokes like the Knight Rider caught drinking and driving. That would be so mean.

Knight224
Operative

o.O

Post by Knight224 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:22 pm

Hasselhoff has had drug/alchohol problems since... er... forever or so says most of the people I know. Too bad. Drinking kills. I'm just glad he went for some help... my brother went to that place o.O
Knight Rider 2day 2morrow 4ever

Leaving the forum May 3, 2006. (Losing internet connection.) Thanks for all the wonderful memories!!! -- Dropped in Feb 18, 2008 to say 'hi'.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:15 pm

A tiny bit of more info: imdb news posted "The actor and singer is scheduled to appear in court to face drunk driving charges on July 1." The report comes from WENN (World Entertainment News Network).

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:51 pm

Well, hopefully he pulls himself through it and have a decent, normal life. Things can't really be bad, can it?

Drinking surely doesn't do much for you voice and I quite like Hasselhoff's singing except Knight Rider. Don't shoot me :D

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:46 pm

THAT would have made and interesting Knight Rider episode!

...sorry...couldn't resist...good luck Dave
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:48 am

I know we all support Hasselhoff, but of course there will plenty of jokes out there. Jay Leno went with an obvious one tonight:

http://www.knightridermovie.com/mpegs/jay6-8.mov

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:36 am

The curse of the 80's TV action hero? First Jan Michael Vincent, then Don Johnson, and now David Hasselhoff?

SwEeTiNsAnItY
Operative

Post by SwEeTiNsAnItY » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:10 am

Yeah, the guy on a radio station I was listening to this morning in the shower brought it up and said "Do you think he tried to get out of it by saying that the car was driving? ... Y'know, goin' back to the Knight Rider days... I dunno, I think that would've been funny. ... Or maybe not, I don't know." An obvious joke but the delivery was funny, he sounded so unsure of himself.

Oh, and thanks for the clip Michael, as always :)